Conor McGregor ducked Justin Gaethje

I actually think the Gaethje stylistically is a pretty good matchup for McGregor. Hmm a guy who is GOAT-level at knocking people out with punches vs a guy who loves to get punched in the face.

Really Conor can fight whoever the hell he wants for the most part, so it doesn't surprise me that he'd rather fight a guy with better name value.
Watch Gaethje’s recent fights.

What you said was true in 2016.
Not in 2019.

Gaethje would demolish Conor at this point. Justin has been fighting regularly and making major improvements while Conor has been slapping senior citizens, drinking and getting arrested.

Then Conor is more interested in fighting guys who just got chinned, rather than those in title contention.

No way this fight should earn him a shot at Khabib.
Correct. Which removes any issue here.

Conor fights Cowboy for his comeback, a reasonable matchup, safe as you can realistically book and big enough name.

And if he wins he should still be behind Gaethje and nowhere particularly close to a title shot at a real belt without EARNING IT.

If conor really wanted Gaethje he would have got him because its the fight that makes sense, Gaethje been calling him out non stop(which conor ignored another sign hes ducking) and he gets want he wants, so you conor nuthuggers can make any excuses you want but he ducked him plain and simple for the easy fight he could find.

i couldn't care less about conor. the guy overplayed his card, and thought the world would forever love him lol. the guy seems to finally be coming out of his delusion, but it's too late. he has tarnished his reputation too much, and i don't think he'll be able to come back from this, as far as his public image is concerned. but we'll see. if he starts winning again, he could turn it around. people do still love a winner, regardless. i mean look at that piece of shit jon jones?

cowboy is on the downslide and has a name. he’s going to be a highlight reel victim and propel conor into another big fight. why wouldn’t he take that?

The real question is how the fuck any of his fans can respect him when you see this?

Conor can have whatever he wants, and what he chose was an easy matchup against Cowboy at 170 instead of beating the number one contender and making a statement that he's back.

And what if Conor is completely unimpressive if he wins the fight? He was guaranteed a title shot even if he puts on a shit performance? Conor shit the bed vs Khabib, what says he won't do the same again?

Conor and the UFC are both so incredibly pathetic, ruining the legitimacy of the sport so they can script their own outcomes like WWE. Just strip Khabib for no good reason and give Conor the belt at this point, it isn't really beneath either the UFC or Conor to do so.

if conor wants his 155 pound title shot, he should fight the loser of khabib/tony. if he wins that and beats cowboy, then yeah i'd say that warrants a title shot for sure after that. i'd have no issues with that and i would be on board. that makes the most sense to me.

though as it stands i would have preferred it if he would have fought gaethje or DP as a tuneup fight instead of cowboy, or at least fight cowboy at 155 and then go from there. then there would actually be means to justify giving him a title shot. but the way its going down now just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

it doesnt exactly help bolster the image of MMA as a sport by just creating belts or handing out title shots to the people who talk the loudest. i really dont like the way they are going about it, clearly to promote conor at pretty much all costs. cowboy aint getting no title shot in whatever weight class he desires if he wins. they aint gonna reciprocate the favour. to the ufc, its all about conor. and this is the easiest path to the belt they wanna give him

conor looks like shit at 170, he's definately not going to stick around in that division. he seems to gas out at 155. i'd like to see him cut down and bully around some more midgets at featherweight. thats really what he excels at. i dont think he has any business fighting in welterweight, and he would have a hard time against alot of the top lightweights too.

Last edited:
I hate this whole A didn't fight B do he must be ducking him logic.

There's a number of reasons why fights don't happen, but to think that the guy who takes short notice fights, boxed Floyd and stepped in the cage with khabib is ducking anyone is just laughable.

Why do I know that? Dana and others have said the whole reason Conor was fighting at 170 is because he didn't want to cut the weight. Edgar also said he'd fight Conor at 170.
https://www.themix.net/2019/09/fran...conor-mcgregor-at-170-if-thats-what-it-takes/

conor would fight edgar at 155 cause that the real give me win conor wanted. fighting at 170 tells me conor is to fat right now to make 155 or is lazy.

duh edgar said he would cause it be his biggest pay day and not a bad way to retire.

Mac better hope Tony wins, because if Khabib does, he’ll want GSP.

I hate this whole A didn't fight B do he must be ducking him logic.

There's a number of reasons why fights don't happen, but to think that the guy who takes short notice fights, boxed Floyd and stepped in the cage with khabib is ducking anyone is just laughable.

what fight did conor take on short notice. dont say nate cause conor was signed to fight someone who got hurt. dont say aldo cause he was signed to fight and was in camp. dont say max cause conor was in camp siigned to fight already.

conor never signed to fill in for anyone.

notice conor not talking about jorge, justin or tony at all.

conor picked to fight floyd for life changing money which it did cause with out that money he couldnt of started proper 12 or his clothing line that made him almost worth a billion. also the fight was fixed.

khabib not ducked any one btw.

So if Conor wins a fight at 170 he gets a title shot at 155 ? right.

He was the champ at 145 back then. It's not the same.

Its exactly the same...

He fought nate at 170 and scrapped by with a victory and some how got a shot at Alvarez ..

Now hes fighting cerrone at 170 and with somehow get a shot at 155 champion khabib with a win..exactly the same

justin and cowboy are the same kind of fighter and also cowboy main events cause he willing to fight every 2 months not want to be champion and fight twice a year when he can fight 6 times or fill in on short notice.

justin can trash talk conor just like cowboy will.
Just look at the sponsorship between two guys. One guy has way more recognition by brand names. Cowboy has more than triple the amount of instagram followers than Justin's instagram and twitter combined. It is obvious one guy is more popular than the other. The more popular guy makes it way easier to sell a fight. I don't know why you keep arguing that fact. It is almost silly that you are willing to die on this hill.

Cowboy at 170 is a tougher fight than Gaychee at 55. There is a reason Cowboy went to 170 for a while, he is a lesser fighter at 155.

Just look at the sponsorship between two guys. One guy has way more recognition by brand names. Cowboy has more than triple the amount of instagram followers than Justin's instagram and twitter combined. It is obvious one guy is more popular than the other. The more popular guy makes it way easier to sell a fight. I don't know why you keep arguing that fact. It is almost silly that you are willing to die on this hill.

Regardless of who the bigger fight may be, (and I'd argue there's more factors than just Instagram followers..) Conor is getting a title shot at 155 off a win over Donald Cerrone at 170. How does that make any sense?

If selling fights is all you care about, fight the biggest names you can get.
If you want the belt, you have to fight actual contenders at that weight class.

Back