Conor McGregor ducked Justin Gaethje

Justin isn't a big enough name to sell a fight. It's hard to top the Khabib fight because of the crazy buildup. Mcgregor sort of needs a dance partner to go back and forth.

like cowboy sells more than justin.

I'm a Conor fan and I've argued against all previous attempts to call him a duck, but in this case I agree.

Gaethje was clearly the only fight Conor should have been looking at, but instead he found a way around it.

In the past, I always defended his decision as being the best for his business, which they were, but in this case Gaethje was both the most logical opponent and probably biggest payday outside of a super-fight.

By taking the Cerrone fight, Conor clearly ducked Justin IMO.

ufc didnt need conor and also conor has a contract signed so he didnt hold out for anything. it still about making money
8 weeks out the best fight on 246 was Holm v Pennington. UFC was holding that spot for Conor - he was pencilled in - and Conor knew it.

Is Conor?

Conor being in a #1 contender match to rematch Khabib doesn't sell?

lol
He doesn't need to fight Justin. He is getting the Khabib rematch off the strength of beating old cowboy. That is the way the company rolls nowadays. Justin is ranked #4 and Mcgregor is ranked at #3

Why in the world should Conor fight the number one contender in the lightweight division when he hasn't had a win in the division in over 3 years!? Cerrone is the right fight to make for Conor, but not necessarily at the 170 weight class.

The rules do no apply to Conor McGregor, and they shouldn't, he is the needle mover, cash cow. He has forever changed the game and in my opinion he changed it negatively, they should have never ever let him go box. Now every MMA fighter who gets a couple wins they either want to go box someone or they want to fight Conor McGregor.

Lastly, Donald Cerrone is full of shit when he says that he isn't getting paid for this fight <45>. The gate alone would be millions of dollars, not to mention the external sponsors and his show money. This could possibly be his retirement fight.

UFC is not sport.

In sport you respect Ranking, UFC doesn't care.

Conor disputed the belt being 1-1 in the LW.
<JRSmith40>

UFC is entertainment, it has no sports logic.

According to sherbro math. Justin has no chance against Conor. Conor destroyed Eddie, and Eddie beat Justin.

<WellThere>

I call that pure speculation, bud.

well look who he not fighting jan 18th and conor manager said he never talk a offer to conor to fight tony an that was when tony was still his client so it ben a double pay day but he knew it wasnt worth risking conor losing.

notice conor not tweeted about justin or jorge as well.

Definitely he does. He has way more name recognition. You know how many free Fox events he headlined?

justin and cowboy are the same kind of fighter and also cowboy main events cause he willing to fight every 2 months not want to be champion and fight twice a year when he can fight 6 times or fill in on short notice.

justin can trash talk conor just like cowboy will.

LOL oh, yah, Conor wanted Edgar to come up to 170lbs hahahaha

you damn well know if edgar was signed to fight conor it be at 155.
notice conor before ufc 244 said i want frankie edgar not justin, tony or jorge.

8 weeks out the best fight on 246 was Holm v Pennington. UFC was holding that spot for Conor - he was pencilled in - and Conor knew it.

if conor wasnt fighting on jan 18th it would of been a fight night card not a ppv. that why ufc 247 didnt have a number on it when the jones fight was made public.

In my humble opinion he bulked to ww in purpose hoping to fight Nate

But with Nate losing and getting badly cut, he decided to go to plan B and take a soft touch in Cowboy who was smashed twice recently

I have no problem with tune ups, but beating cerrone at 170 and it being your first win in over 3 years? That doesn't warrant a TS

I don't care if your Conor muhammad Floyd McGregor, it just shouldn't happen

The good news is? Khabib or Tony will retire him and he will collect his last fat paycheck and retire back to twitter.

IF HE REMAINS OUT OF PRISON!

Anything to protect their cash cow.

That said, watching Khabib pound McGregor into bolivian won’t be the worst way to spend a Saturday evening...

But watching Gaethje do it would be thoroughly good.

Here is a Bolivian...

Simon-bolivar.jpg

Conor is risk-adverse, he’s all about taking the least possible risk for the biggest possible gain... that’s definitely ducking the more difficult challenge regardless of the mental gymnastics or monetary justification his nutthuggers spew.

The guys strait up chickenshit of losing, it’s bad for his brand...
{<jordan}

Everyone at LW is dodging Justin except for Dustin it seems.
Eddie and Dustin had to have a mortal combat match to beat him the first time.

Not much more embarrassing than the people using the different term to ducking which is "chose an easier path". Unreal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back