Conor McGregor deserves respect

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm happy Khabib won and all but why is everyone shitting on Conor?

All fighters basically say they are gonna roast their opponent, they're gonna KO them etc etc and rarely do they succed in performing as they had expected.

People love saying Conor is done because of his 3 losses, stupidly including the Mayweather fight which was just a show. You really think Conor believed he was gonna knock Money out in 4? Course not, he was just marketing himself and creating interest in the fight: the punching power, the awkward style etc. It was all marketing tactics that he and the UFC used to sell the fight. I will admit that being a professional fighter he did have a puncher's chance, albeit a very slim one.

And what about Khabib? probably the most skilled LW we've ever seen compete: super-solid grappling mixed with unorthodox (and non very technical) striking, a combination that neutralized by finish or utter domination all of his opponents (apart from that Brazilian steroidhead). Losing to Khabib, or losing in general to a pro fighter, means no shame.

I will say the Diaz loss was unexpected but....Conor was expecting to fight a LW with a strong wreslting-based game. On two weeks notice he gets a new opponent in Nate Diaz who is naturally much bigger than Conor and has a completely different style to RDA.

He has no heart they say. Well there's 2 things to be said:
1) Since he stopped doing road work is cardio is just sub-par, it seems like he can't do much about it; even though, I must say, it did look better vs Khabib
2) We've seen what happens when fighters are out of it, know they can't win and go on to take big and prolonged beatings. COnor, of course, has seen it too and he's clever enough to quit when he has to.

Stop the hating, Conor has amused us with some of the most brilliant performances, most of his victories are basically flawless, he is a finisher and a very technical and powerful striker.

DINflxJUIAAV-eA.jpg

People aren’t shitting on Conor because he said he was going to KO Khabib. They are shitting on him because he is a douche.

I'm happy Khabib won and all but why is everyone shitting on Conor?

All fighters basically say they are gonna roast their opponent, they're gonna KO them etc etc and rarely do they succed in performing as they had expected.

People love saying Conor is done because of his 3 losses, stupidly including the Mayweather fight which was just a show. You really think Conor believed he was gonna knock Money out in 4? Course not, he was just marketing himself and creating interest in the fight: the punching power, the awkward style etc. It was all marketing tactics that he and the UFC used to sell the fight. I will admit that being a professional fighter he did have a puncher's chance, albeit a very slim one.

And what about Khabib? probably the most skilled LW we've ever seen compete: super-solid grappling mixed with unorthodox (and non very technical) striking, a combination that neutralized by finish or utter domination all of his opponents (apart from that Brazilian steroidhead). Losing to Khabib, or losing in general to a pro fighter, means no shame.

I will say the Diaz loss was unexpected but....Conor was expecting to fight a LW with a strong wreslting-based game. On two weeks notice he gets a new opponent in Nate Diaz who is naturally much bigger than Conor and has a completely different style to RDA.

He has no heart they say. Well there's 2 things to be said:
1) Since he stopped doing road work is cardio is just sub-par, it seems like he can't do much about it; even though, I must say, it did look better vs Khabib
2) We've seen what happens when fighters are out of it, know they can't win and go on to take big and prolonged beatings. COnor, of course, has seen it too and he's clever enough to quit when he has to.

Stop the hating, Conor has amused us with some of the most brilliant performances, most of his victories are basically flawless, he is a finisher and a very technical and powerful striker.

Do you realize you could lose your job at McDonald’s and end up blowing dudes for money and get addicted to crack and Conor wouldn’t give a shit about you?

Conor-McGregor-weight-cut-1.jpg

The guy would turn into a holocaust survivor so that he could look like a monster puncher by knocking out midgets.

This thread is like sticking your hand in an anthill, of fire ants and indian red scorpions.

Anyways, Conor bless

People aren’t shitting on Conor because he said he was going to KO Khabib. They are shitting on him because he is a douche.

Yeah, as if there where such a thing as a "douche". Your douche is my perfectly respectable human being and rolemodel. Are you right, and I'm wrong? No. We simply try to get likes or get liked and fit in.

Is Trump a douche? To me he is. To you he may not be.

Saying someone is a douche is douchey.

Back