Conor McGregor could look completely different when he fights Khabib

The biggest myth is his terrible cardio. He did fine after a round of getting smashed by Mendes, and lasted five rounds with a fucking Diaz brother! And regardless of whether you thought he won or not, that shit was competitive for the whole fight.

As if someone with shit cardio could do that

The Mendes fight doesn't count. That was before he stopped running. He doesn't run now and does rowing for most of his cardio. It's not as good and it shows. He gassed pretty hard in the second Diaz fight, luckily for him he survived though.

his cardio was shit in the Floyd fight not to mention his layoff. to improve such a shit cardio in 6 months is dumb, less against a grinder like khabib, Barboza has better cardio and was exhausted by khabib.

Rounds? He won A round, as in 1 because Mayweather threw 6 punches.

Some people had him winning four or five rounds. As a matter fact the official Showtime judge had him winning at least four rounds. And Floyd always uses his punches sparingly. Have you ever watch him fight before? Did you watch the disaster that was his fight with Manny? He spent whole rounds standing in front of him doing practically nothing.

His cardio looked bad once he stopped doing road work

I think it's due to a bad knee

Not sure it can be corrected

He could run on the beach or something

Jackson's run sand dunes don't they?

By "shit" or "terrible" we mean not up to par, AKA not world class, like it should be

he lasted five rounds with nate diaz, but in reality if he wasn't gassing the 3rd 4th and 5th WOULD have looked like the first two (where he dominated without even being touch)
What you probably don't understand is that Conor puts the majority of his effort into the first two rounds, which is a direct effect of him gassing hard after 2 rounds. He could round things out to last longer, but he wouldn't be anywhere near as dominant in the first two rounds. Conor chooses to blow his load early to finish fast. He's not a marathon fighter. He knows he doesn't have stamina for more than 2 rounds, and his chances of winning go down drastically the longer the fight goes, especially after 2 rounds.

I'm not saying Conor will win the fight. I'm not even saying I think Conor has a good chance. But I do think its entirely possible that this long layoff had Conor training differently than he used to, and more effectively than he used to.

Conor's biggest hole in his game actually isn't his wrestling, although his die-hard haters think it is. His biggest hole in his game is his absolutely terrible cardio.

I believe that in the last two years, Conor has been working hard on getting into proper fighting shape for a 5 round war, and that his plan is going to actually be a late KO after sprawling a ton.

Schaub has alluded to such as well.
Or maybe all that money and cocaine has made him worst?

You been watching him?

No. But news from him are all about drugs, partying, buses, jail, etc.

Never once I saw a thread in here talking about how he was training harder, trying new stuff or whatever. Just same ol Conor.

Some people had him winning four or five rounds. As a matter fact the official Showtime judge had him winning at least four rounds. And Floyd always uses his punches sparingly. Have you ever watch him fight before? Did you watch the disaster that was his fight with Manny? He spent whole rounds standing in front of him doing practically nothing.

Well the only people that matter, the judges, had him winning 1 round.

And it's obvious you didn't watch Mayweather throughout his career. He averaged 40 punches thrown a round, against Conor he threw 28 total in the first 3 rounds. If you think what Conor did was impressive then Floyd got you too.

AND Floyd always gives round 1 and 2. he did that to study his opponent.

He didn't do that to study Conor. He had 0 respect for his boxing. He threw 28 punches total through the first 3 rounds, he averaged 40 punches per round for his career. He toyed with Conor and it was very obvious.

I'm not saying Conor will win the fight. I'm not even saying I think Conor has a good chance. But I do think its entirely possible that this long layoff had Conor training differently than he used to, and more effectively than he used to.

Conor's biggest hole in his game actually isn't his wrestling, although his die-hard haters think it is. His biggest hole in his game is his absolutely terrible cardio.

I believe that in the last two years, Conor has been working hard on getting into proper fighting shape for a 5 round war, and that his plan is going to actually be a late KO after sprawling a ton.

Schaub has alluded to such as well.

Khabib showed us in his last fight he doesn't have the greatest cardio either, and he was the one mostly in control. I'd hate to see what he looked like if Al landed some good shots or took him down. Probably would be worse than Conor!

I think it's obvious Conor is getting underrated, and Khabib overrated. It's natural when you have a divisive guy versus a guy that is undefeated and beaten everyone.

Well the only people that matter, the judges, had him winning 1 round.

And it's obvious you didn't watch Mayweather throughout his career. He averaged 40 punches thrown a round, against Conor he threw 28 total in the first 3 rounds. If you think what Conor did was impressive then Floyd got you too.

One official judge had him winning three. You don’t even know any of your facts..

“Judges Burt Clements and Guido Cavalleri each gave Conor McGregor one round in the 10-round fight, but judge Dave Moretti gave McGregor the first three rounds”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm.../floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor-scorecard

And the other 2 had Mayweather, correct? Meaning Mayweather won the round

What? Each card is different.. One judge gave him three rounds. And the showtime judge I think gave him 4.. Other sites that scored had him winning four or five. You don’t have to downplay how he did just because you don’t like the guy. Just be honest. He did pretty well. Nobody expected him to win. Of course he was not going to win.

Early in his career Conor had pretty freaking good cardio for a 3 rounder. Then we saw him perform in the Mendes fight, where he started to gas out and that's when people were questioning his cardio. His camp and fans said it was a bum knee. How true is it? I don;t know. With his fight with Diaz it was a similar story. Both fights. Conor was able to set the pace with Diaz the 2nd time around and he still gassed out.

Conor's cardio isn't bad as people make it out to be but it sure isn't top tier. An old ass Mayweather ran circles around him in the cardio department. Conor was visibly gassed out after round 3.

The biggest myth is his terrible cardio. He did fine after a round of getting smashed by Mendes, and lasted five rounds with a fucking Diaz brother! And regardless of whether you thought he won or not, that shit was competitive for the whole fight.

As if someone with shit cardio could do that
They both gassed in that fight but can’t blame them. Like you said it was very competitive.

You mean the unofficial showtime judge.

Anyone who had Conor winning 5 rounds has learning difficulties.

He only won any rounds because Floyd allowed it.

You mean the unofficial showtime judge.

Anyone who had Conor winning 5 rounds has learning difficulties.

He only won any rounds because Floyd allowed it.

If he won 3 that is good. He was not supposed to even land punches. The so-called boxing experts told me so..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back