Conor McGregor could look completely different when he fights Khabib

EXOICHO

PRIDE
@Black
Reaction score
I'm not saying Conor will win the fight. I'm not even saying I think Conor has a good chance. But I do think its entirely possible that this long layoff had Conor training differently than he used to, and more effectively than he used to.

Conor's biggest hole in his game actually isn't his wrestling, although his die-hard haters think it is. His biggest hole in his game is his absolutely terrible cardio.

I believe that in the last two years, Conor has been working hard on getting into proper fighting shape for a 5 round war, and that his plan is going to actually be a late KO after sprawling a ton.

Schaub has alluded to such as well.

He'll definitely look different after the fight

<mma2>

The biggest myth is his terrible cardio. He did fine after a round of getting smashed by Mendes, and lasted five rounds with a fucking Diaz brother! And regardless of whether you thought he won or not, that shit was competitive for the whole fight.

As if someone with shit cardio could do that

Last edited:
The biggest myth is his terrible cardio. He did fine after a round of getting smashed by Mendes, and lasted five rounds with a fucking Diaz brother! And regardless of whether you thought he won or not, that shot was competitive for the whole fight.

By "shit" or "terrible" we mean not up to par, AKA not world class, like it should be

he lasted five rounds with nate diaz, but in reality if he wasn't gassing the 3rd 4th and 5th WOULD have looked like the first two (where he dominated without even being touch)

His cardio looked bad once he stopped doing road work

I think it's due to a bad knee

Not sure it can be corrected

hqdefault.jpg
MacHighAF.jpg
Cocaine improves cardio?

The biggest myth is his terrible cardio. He did fine after a round of getting smashed by Mendes, and lasted five rounds with a fucking Diaz brother! And regardless of whether you thought he won or not, that shot was competitive for the whole fight.

he was gassing vs mendes, but mendes gassed too.

he gassed at around the 8min mark in the first diaz fight. he gassed at around the 8min mark in the second diaz fight, but diaz visibly slowed down as well. conor was "resetting" that whole fight, walking away and staring at the clock, and diaz plodded behind him giving him the finger. nate has shown insane durability before, but he definitely gassed in that fight.

i don't think conor's cardio is crap like some people make it out to be, but this "i outlasted a triathlete three times the size of me" horseshit is ridiculous. they both got tired there, rather quickly.

luckily for conor, not being a 5th round beast isn't much of an issue because he usually puts people away before he slows down.

He's like BJ. Except he has a good 8 minutes. BJ was normally done after the first round.

You guys don't understand this concept...
Imagine you have the best cardio in the world, and you throw power shots nonstop trying to finish the fight.
No matter how good your cardio is, that will tire you out.
It's like deciding to sprint even though you can run marathons. You can only throw so many haymakers.

McGregor refined his game a fuckload after the diaz loss. Look at the Alvarez beating, picked his shots from beginning to end. Khabib is getting cracked of that i have no doubt.

You guys don't understand this concept...
Imagine you have the best cardio in the world, and you throw power shots nonstop trying to finish the fight.
No matter how good your cardio is, that will tire you out.
It's like deciding to sprint even though you can run marathons. You can only throw so many haymakers.

Conor even when he fights conservatively gasses quick

I doubt that he was improving his cardio while doing cocaine and smoking cigars.

Agreed. Imagine if you could win a mile race by kicking the shit out of everyone during the first lap. There would always be someone to employ that strategy. But if it fails, that guy will probably eat shit for the rest of the race.

Honestly while I am sure McGregor's been training alot of TDD and bjj, I don't think it will look much different from the Eddie fight. Khabibs going to get hurt and look lost. No way McGregor isn't touching up slow awkward khabib on his way in.

I'm not saying Conor will win the fight. I'm not even saying I think Conor has a good chance. But I do think its entirely possible that this long layoff had Conor training differently than he used to, and more effectively than he used to.

Conor's biggest hole in his game actually isn't his wrestling, although his die-hard haters think it is. His biggest hole in his game is his absolutely terrible cardio.

I believe that in the last two years, Conor has been working hard on getting into proper fighting shape for a 5 round war, and that his plan is going to actually be a late KO after sprawling a ton.

He'll never have great cardio because his knees are too bad to do roadwork.

Conor's had 10 UFC fights and 8 of them have ended in 7 minutes or less. I have no idea how good or bad his cardio is.

I don't think his overall cardio is the problem. It is that when he gets tired he tends to fade within rounds. You can see this in both Diaz fights and the Mayweather fight. In the second Diaz fight, he faded, survived and was able to come back and work through the fatigue, Diaz couldn't get him out. In the Mayweather fight he got hit to much to make it to the stool.

The issue is if he fades while fighting Khabib and Khabib is on top of him, he will almost certainly give up a sub.

He needs to stay away and catch him coming in. He should not rely on TDD or BJJ. He needs to rely on what makes him great, distance management and timing.

Anyone not giving conor a good chance of winning is an idiot...his boxing is going to be crisp as f''uk...all that boxing training he did for months, will show. and khabib's normal leaning away from shots isn't going to work with conor. And you better believe conor is going to train wrestling and tdd the entire camp...

Back