Media Conor McGregor confirms his upcoming fight with Dustin Poirier will be at 155

If its for the title and Conor wins...ill bet my left nut that he either defends against Diaz or Masvidal.

<31>

As if he had any choiche lol. Still crazy how a guy who is 1-1 at LW is granted a contender spot for the LW title.
he's actually 5-2 as a lightweight, one of those losses is to khabib nurmagomedov, the other was joe duffy early in his career.

As if he had any choiche lol. Still crazy how a guy who is 1-1 at LW is granted a contender spot for the LW title.

So beating the Champ to get the belt and losing to Khabib means you shouldn't be in the conversation for the LW title?

"Lightweight Division incoming"

AS I said in numerous posts, now that khabib is no longer champion, conor will gladly make his fight with dustin at LW...now, he has something to work for.. people say, "conor will always be in khabib's shadow" I don't think he sees it that way. he sees it as a way to further is legacy. by winning the LW title again. whether or not he rematches khabib is unimportant...conor has only ever been interested in winning titles, not the actual fighter.

people keep using the 1-1 thing....not mentioning that one win, was winning the world title. haha he beat the world champion in that one win...beating the champion is worth 5 regular wins. easy.

Mcgregor by 1st round a TKO
He’s Getting his belt back, Conor bless.
View attachment 810982
Hey look, it's McGregor pre-USADA <Lmaoo>.

chad-mendes-conor-mcgregor-mma-ufc-189-mendes-vs-mcgregor-850x560.jpg

Had to get a stomach tattoo to cover up the fact that he lost his abs and gained some love handles.

If its for the title and Conor wins...ill bet my left nut that he either defends against Diaz or Masvidal.

<31>
I can almost guarantee you it's not going to be for the title.

GIven that Dana is leaning on Khabib (according to Dana, for what that's worth....:rolleyes:) to do one more fight to honor his Father's wishes, if there's any chance that Khabib DOES fight again, then there's no chance this McG/Poirier fight will be for the official 155lbs LW title. Dana is not going to want to piss off Khabib and potentially wreck any small chance of Khabib doing one more fight.

At MOST it might be an Interim belt (which means, basically nothing, as UFC hands those out with a free box of cornflakes)

Fuck me, there’s some crying in this thread... Probably more than when he alluded to fighting at 170. What is it with people?

Fuck me, there’s some crying in this thread... Probably more than when he alluded to fighting at 170. What is it with people?
I had only ever been critical of McGregor's Welterweight fights having any bearing on Lightweight rankings/title shots:
If McGregor wants to fight at Welterweight, there's nothing wrong with it, but those fights should only contribute to his standing in the corresponding division (Welterweight) and not be used to justify a Lightweight title shot.
I'm glad that their fight is now taking place at Lightweight.

Hey look, it's McGregor pre-USADA <Lmaoo>.

chad-mendes-conor-mcgregor-mma-ufc-189-mendes-vs-mcgregor-850x560.jpg

Had to get a stomach tattoo to cover up the fact that he lost his abs and gained some love handles.

True. He used to look like Bruce Lee with a Irish face.

Wonder what happend

Back