Conor McGregor compared to A-Level Athlete Jalen Ramsey

No NFL player is more famous than Conor.

I say this as a big fan of the NFL.

Niners coming for that NFC West division title.

Well, if you include retired NFL players, O.J. Simpson is way more famous than Conor. Interestingly enough, both are most famous for things they did outside their sport.

Damn must be nice living in an American bubble, amiright?
Superbowl is watched by 100 million people and Conor is being watched by a million people on PPV lol. upload_2018-8-16_14-32-55.png
giphy.gif

Brady played in 8 superbowls lol. Brady is more famous in Conor's own country than he is.

Just posted same as exact post. Brady way more famous
Nope. Google search volumes:

-US: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=/m/01xyt7,/m/0rfgxy2

Conor wins on peak, but on aggregate average (bar chart on the lower left) over the past 5 years they're dead even. If you scroll down and look at the breakdown by states, you'll see that Brady is significantly more popular in select few states like Minnesota, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, but Conor makes up for it by being more popular in the majority of states.

-WORLDWIDE: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&q=/m/01xyt7,/m/0rfgxy2

-Conor is bigger. Look at the lower right country breakdown. The only region where Brady is roughly equal to Conor is the US, Conor wins in every other region including Canada.

The only major internet region Google doesn't track is mainland China, which uses Baidu, and I'm pretty sure nobody knows who the fuck either of these guys are in China.

So overall Tom Brady's popularity is highly concentrated in a few US states, while Conor's influence extends far greater and wider.

Who's more famous, Conor or this guy?
Who made more money last year, Conor or this guy?

Whatever Conor's athleticism level is, this guy is 2 tiers below.

Is this your only argument for everything? Since money is a measure of athleticism, it also must measure the strength and validity of ones opinions. So how much money did you make last year? Im going to speculate you’re one of the worse posters here in way of content and worth.

Yeah playing against a guy who is 6'3 250lbs with 5% body fat who runs the 40 in 4.6 would work out great without pads.

We're talking chiseled explosive athletes, not chubby rugby players here.

No it would work terribly. Take their pads and you think they’re gonna charge into each other the same way? Football would turn into rugby without the pads. All your favourite football idiots would be finished in a fuckin week if they charged at each other the same way without pads. Get real, kids. Our bodies simply are not meant for those kind of collisions. Brain damage everywhere.

[
giphy.gif
Conor fan boys are deluded. More people in Ireland know who Tom Brady is over Conor lol. Do you know how big the NFL is? Tom Brady played like 8 superbowls in the highest rated show on tv the superbowl. Conor is selling like a million PPVs. The superbowl is watched by like 100 million people.

Lol no they don't. No one in Ireland knows who Tom Brady is. He is more famous in the US, not internationally. No-one watches NFL outside the US.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sport...ng-of-the-100-most-famous-athletes/111166614/

Brady is number 38, Conor is 18.

The only person deluded is you - http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/put-400-on-fabricio-werdum.3729015/

No it would work terribly. Take their pads and you think they’re gonna charge into each other the same way? Football would turn into rugby without the pads. All your favourite football idiots would be finished in a fuckin week if they charged at each other the same way without pads. Get real, kids. Our bodies simply are not meant for those kind of collisions. Brain damage everywhere.

It’s not that deep fam

Football is entertaining.

Which is why they wear pads and helmets sport.

Superbowl is watched by 100 million people and Conor is being watched by a million people on PPV lol. View attachment 422129
Are you delusional?

Do you have two brain cells to rub together? You think the amount of PPVs sold is the viewer rate? Man learn to use common sense. 100 mill watched the superbowl in America, maybe more watched world wide, but noone outside of America and some parts of the world, give a shit about NFL.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nelson...s-dwarfed-pay-per-view-estimate/#532485e773d2

More people pirated the May/Mac fight than watched the Superbowl.....

I can name one basketball player (Michael Jordan) 1 baseball player (Babe Ruth) and 0 American football players.

I'm not American and can't name many NFL players, but there are several NBA players I can name - besides Jordan, there's Wilt Chamberlain, Shaq and Lebron, and I suspect the last two are far better known around the world than Connor. Basketball is a pretty big sport around the world - including in China, and if you're big in a country with over a billion people then you've automatically got a huge number of people who've heard of you.

And as I said, O.J. Simpson is way more famous (or infamous) than Conor.

For that matter, I doubt even 10% of the world has heard of Conor - though it pains me to say it, I suspect Rousey has a much bigger world wide name recognition factor, even if most of the people who've heard of her have never watched her do anything.

-US: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=/m/01xyt7,/m/0rfgxy2

Conor wins on peak, but on aggregate average (bar chart on the lower left) over the past 5 years they're dead even

-WORLDWIDE: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&q=/m/01xyt7,/m/0rfgxy2

-Conor is bigger. Look at the lower right country breakdown. The only region where Brady is roughly equal to Conor is the US, Conor wins in every other region including Canada.

The only major internet region Google doesn't track is mainland China, which uses Baidu, and I'm pretty sure nobody knows who the fuck either of these guys are in China.
Conor being searched on google doesnt mean hes more famous than Brady. Brady is watched by 100 million eye balls. If Conor was on free tv he would be lucky to get 5 million views lol. Just walk down the street and ask 100 people who Conor is and ask 100 who Brady is. 5 would know Conor and 50 would know Brady.

Is this your only argument for everything?

Not everything, but in pro sports when comparing two athletes from the same era? Fuck yes.

Since money is a measure of athleticism, it also must measure the strength and validity of ones opinions. So how much money did you make last year? Im going to speculate you’re one of the worse posters here in way of content and worth.

No, we're on Sherdog, the measurement here for post quality is post count and likes, and based on those metrics, I'm a B+ level shit poster while you're not even C level.

Get on my Sherdog level you goof.

Which is why they wear pads and helmets sport.

The point sailed waaay past you, huh? Maybe you should be wearing a helmet any time you go outside. Gotta protect what little parts of your brain that’s working.

It’s not that deep fam

Football is entertaining.

The commercials/movie trailers are entertaining. The sport itself is boring as all fuck. So little action. People talk about them being these super athletes but tons of them can’t even sprint a few minutes without dying from exhaustion. They’re big, strong and quick, but they don’t last.

Conor wins on peak, but on aggregate average (bar chart on the lower left) over the past 5 years they're dead even. If you scroll down and look at the breakdown by states, you'll see that Brady is significantly more popular in select few states like Minnesota, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, but Conor makes up for it by being more popular in the majority of states.

So overall Tom Brady's popularity is highly concentrated in a few US states, while Conor's influence extends far greater and wider.

Using Google searches for fame is pretty iffy - it mainly applies to young people. The majority of people still get their information from other sources. Now if you mean fame among people under the age of 30 you might well be right.

And even there, a lot of young folks (my grandchildren use other searches - either their social media sites or things like duckduckgo). I wonder if figures on how much they make in endorsements is a better measure of fame, since advertising companies will definitely research how much fame someone has before giving them millions to promote their product.

giphy.gif
Conor fan boys are deluded. More people in Ireland know who Tom Brady is over Conor lol. Do you know how big the NFL is? Tom Brady played like 8 superbowls in the highest rated show on tv the superbowl. Conor is selling like a million PPVs. The superbowl is watched by like 100 million people. You must be smoking meth
stop trollin

Back