Conor McGregor -150 vs RDA. Discuss

Wasn't Conor also the favorite in the Aldo fight and people went bankrupt betting on Aldo?
Deja Vu?
After the weigh ins when Aldo mocked McGregors stance and all that, Aldo was the favourite. It's amazing how much that little thing changed peoples minds.

Given the Conor nutt huggery, it's surprising it isn't -300 by now.

Probably because of that ugly ass shirt

Betting lines are based more on public perception than actual fact. The superbowl line opened at 4, went to 6 and back to 4.5 for Carolina and look how that went.

After the weigh ins when Aldo mocked McGregors stance and all that, Aldo was the favourite. It's amazing how much that little thing changed peoples minds.

Smart money comes closer to the fight. The same will happen with McGregor's betting odds in this fight.

Smart money comes closer to the fight. The same will happen with McGregor's betting odds in this fight.

Smart money in most cases comes early. Conor's fights are an exception, simply because Conor is so popular, the line moves against him fast, no matter what. But in nearly every other case, early money is the sharp money.

It's surprising in the sense that the smaller champion is favored, but when you consider Conor has done every single thing he's said he would do, and in most impressive fashion to boot, one can see how he would be favored. Not to mention he's as big or bigger than RDA.

Can't post the pic on this tablet, but I already put money on RDA +140, I bet half my bankroll on it.

Not bragging at all, when your bank roll is under $5000 its not much at all, its just a gambling term. I also put some extra action on a side RDA via finish inside three rounds at +400.

I guess it is official now. Every thread about Mcgregor is a joke and serious discussion is not expected. Only disillusioned fanboys and haters. Too bad.

Smart money in most cases comes early. Conor's fights are an exception, simply because Conor is so popular, the line moves against him fast, no matter what. But in nearly every other case, early money is the sharp money.
I think smart money comes when odds are against the betters fighter. Whether its early or late is different with every circumstance

Ok my phrasing was shit. I know most recreational money comes closer to the fight as in the days that precede the event, but in Conor's case people start betting for him way before that, so in the weeks prior to the event is when smart money comes in and corrects the odds.

My point anyway was that these odds are likely to start bending in favour of RDA, and we're agreeing on that.

When RDA said "easy money" he was talking about the betting lines too.

Last edited:
Smart money doesn't bet on fights, it bets on ETFs, precious metals, and healthcare.

Back