Conor Masdival makes PERFECT sense and would be one of the biggest fights in UFC history and yet...

lizardpeople

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is why I can't get on board with Conor. Beats a shot LW at WW, says he wants Usman which we know will never happen and is another smokescreen, and now he won't even fight the biggest name in the division who is also a striker and would have made for one the biggest, most entertaining fights ever?

He's not even calling out Khabib anymore, and Khabib wouldn't give him the time of day if he did, What does he want? Pettis? Dan Hooker? Nate, coming off getting killed by Jorge?

These fights are peanuts next to Jorge. Everyone knows this fight would do box office banana's.

Fear is the only logical explanation. Let me explain. I think Conor was once fearless, but Khabib changed him.

jorge-masvidal-conor-mcgregor.jpg

Last edited:
Conor would ko that bum
Then why not take the fight?

Now we're missing out on one of the biggest fights in the game, best striking matches in the game for McGregor, and killing the Jorge hype so Usman can lie on top of him?

Last edited:
in my mind jorge is the only option. khabib and usman smother conor like holly holms did on saturday

I'm for it. This is the kind of fight they need to put McGregor in. Fun stuff. Keep him away from real belts.

McGregor is one of the most entertaining fighters in the UFC but he's a shit tier champ.

in my mind jorge is the only option. khabib and usman smother conor like holly holms did on saturday
Yeah, this is what I don't get.

It's actually a winnable fight. Why is pretending he wants to chase wrestlers?

What is he going to do, fight bums from now on?

Or go after good fighters with no name recognition for smaller time $ like Tony or Gaethje? I don't see it.

I'm for it. This is the kind of fight they need to put McGregor in. Fun stuff. Keep him away from real belts.

McGregor is one of the most entertaining fighters in the UFC but he's a shit tier champ.
I don't even get their push for him as champ. So he can run away for years again and not defend?

I'll say it.

I don't think Conor wants to fight. I think Cowboy was just to blow out some outmatched hasbeen to get his Proper 12 and August McGregor/twitter following flowing again.

I don't buy this Conor fighting 3 times this year "season" for a second. We won't see him again for a long time and when he comes back it will be extremely opportunistic.

This is why I can't get on board with Conor. Beats a shot LW at WW, says he wants Usman which we know will never happen and is another smokescreen, and now he won't even fight the biggest name in the division who is also a striker and would have made for one the biggest, most entertaining fights ever?

He's not even calling out Khabib anymore, and Khabib wouldn't give him the time of day if he did, What does he want? Pettis? Dan Hooker? Nate, coming off getting killed by Jorge?

These fights are peanuts next to Jorge. Everyone knows this fight would do box office banana's.

Fear is the only logical explanation. Let me explain. I think Conor was once fearless, but Khabib changed him.

jorge-masvidal-conor-mcgregor.jpg
Connor vs Khabib would be bigger

Conor and Jorge are two of the biggest ufc draws atm.

Either way you kill the hype for one of them. If you're the UFC, why take that risk?

Either way you kill the hype for one of them. If you're the UFC, why take that risk?
So they're going to put Jorge against Usman instead like Dana said and you talk about killing hype?

Your logic is false, the killing hype thing applies to prospects not major fighters who make the UFC bank. They had no problem matching Conor and Khabib up because it made them megabucks, same would be the case for Masdival and Conor but Conor wants nothing to do with it.

Why don’t we actually wait a few weeks and see what his next fight actually is.

I understand your thinking, and you aren't wrong... But the UFC isn't the WWE.. you can't build shit up to WrestleMania.. if you don't setup the fight now, then when exactly?

Connor vs Khabib would be bigger
Possibly but there are hurdles for that fight not happening, such as Khabib already running through Conor,, Conor not deserving a rematch, Khabib telling him to piss off and Khabib fighting Ferg.

There is literally nothing preventing Jorge and Conor (a fresh new megafight) from happening now, but Conor wants none of it.

He said he's got options to think about.... let the man think god damn it.

You guys can debate all you want

But truth is, we all have to wait and see what happens with Khabib vs Tony first

In Dana's perfect world, Conor sits out til the end of the year and doesn't fight until the Khabib rematch. Conor says he wants to be an active fighter so we'll see if that is true. I want to see him fight either Masvidal or Gaethje.

Back