Media Conor looking like a dominant beast in grappling session

are you actually seeing what conor is doing...?

i said a minute or whatever. the clip is short. idk what kind of rounds they are doing idk if conor stepped in because her other partner ran out. yes i know what pro fighter classes tend to be structured like.

the eddie bravo thing was the one made most public on jre thats why i brought it up. same with the training partners i mentioned. and these guys are still fighters who are capable of pushing conor. when he was training for kabib he was grappling with competent wrestlers he was bringing in himself. boxing with pro boxers for nate and floyd.

he likely also trains smarter now and has had long stretches outside of fighting where these things wouldn't be getting reported as often if he is avoiding media.. so of course there is more public evidence of these things earlier on in his career but there is nothing saying he isn't being pushed right now. his trainer said he doesn't mesh with certain fighters but that has nothing to do with him avoiding people who can push him.

also its cool you train it doesn't mean you know anything or what you know is the end all be all of everything.

i also think you have a very specific mentality and philosophy about training. it does not apply to every fighter. sometimes you need just as much light training and rest as you need pushing. hes not stupid. he is trying to improve his weakness's constantly. his coach actually gave him the wrong mind set for kabib , he says that and i agree. he was 100% defensive minded when it came to the grappling exchanges. You will know because you train that offense is better than defense in fighting on the ground. not to trash his trainer just saying.
Conor brings in young Irish local athletes for his camps. He didn't bring any note worthy wrestlers or boxers. He brought in Paulie but had no intention of actually working with him. He is notorious (no pun intended) for surrounding himself with yes men.

You should trash his trainer. You should have issues with how he trains. You shouldn't make excuses for him.

Conor is an extraordinary athlete training under coaches that hold him back and do not bring in high quality partners for him. They openly talk about how they cannot bring in guys who will give Conor hard time. Former members of that gym talk about how Conor didn't like partners that would go hard with him.

I don't believe any fan of Conor's should be ok with him not being put up against the best available. AKA constantly has the best of the best available for their champs and as a result they put out great fighters.

Hell, Kevin Lee just learned this lesson the hard way. He needed to train with the best to step up his game.

Conor brings in young Irish local athletes for his camps. He didn't bring any note worthy wrestlers or boxers. He brought in Paulie but had no intention of actually working with him. He is notorious (no pun intended) for surrounding himself with yes men.

You should trash his trainer. You should have issues with how he trains. You shouldn't make excuses for him.

Conor is an extraordinary athlete training under coaches that hold him back and do not bring in high quality partners for him. They openly talk about how they cannot bring in guys who will give Conor hard time. Former members of that gym talk about how Conor didn't like partners that would go hard with him.

I don't believe any fan of Conor's should be ok with him not being put up against the best available. AKA constantly has the best of the best available for their champs and as a result they put out great fighters.

Hell, Kevin Lee just learned this lesson the hard way. He needed to train with the best to step up his game.

The thing is even if that is true. Conor best Jose Aldo , max holloway , chad mendes off of training with those guys. He took to much damage in the diaz fights to much damage in the Floyd fight and the preparation for that fight if you really want to question what’s wrong that’s it . He already knows how to fight well he has a strength and conditioning program just as good as the rest. He does not want to be damaged training. Some guys do zero heavy sparring and all technique work. What makes the dagastanis good? Exactly that.

Once a guy loses everyone starts to pick things they think are the issue. You have no idea.
His team got him a lot of success.

ultrasmash.gif
A lot missed shots

The thing is even if that is true. Conor best Jose Aldo , max holloway , chad mendes off of training with those guys. He took to much damage in the diaz fights to much damage in the Floyd fight and the preparation for that fight if you really want to question what’s wrong that’s it . He already knows how to fight well he has a strength and conditioning program just as good as the rest. He does not want to be damaged training. Some guys do zero heavy sparring and all technique work. What makes the dagastanis good? Exactly that.

Once a guy loses everyone starts to pick things they think are the issue. You have no idea.
His team got him a lot of success.
Yes Conor did great training with trash. IMAGE WHAT HE'D DO WITH WORLD CLASS PARTNERS!

His strength and conditioning is not effective. He still gasses after 10 minutes (knee injury doesn't help). His camp clearly cannot come up with a solid game plan for him.

Khabib and his crew do all their technical work BETWEEN fights and at the end of camps. Their time at AKA is spent going hard with the best of the best. That's why they are so good. You need to be pushed. You need to be challenged. Diamonds form under pressure.

Conor is a great fighter IN SPITE of his team not BECAUSE of them. That is the issue.

Yes Conor did great training with trash. IMAGE WHAT HE'D DO WITH WORLD CLASS PARTNERS!

His strength and conditioning is not effective. He still gasses after 10 minutes (knee injury doesn't help). His camp clearly cannot come up with a solid game plan for him.

Khabib and his crew do all their technical work BETWEEN fights and at the end of camps. Their time at AKA is spent going hard with the best of the best. That's why they are so good. You need to be pushed. You need to be challenged. Diamonds form under pressure.

Conor is a great fighter IN SPITE of his team not BECAUSE of them. That is the issue.

i'm pretty sure conor has figured out how to do cardio despite his injury. he runs on underwater treadmills and bikes.
i think for some fighters they only need to be pushed initially. a large part of hard training is to mentally prepare you.

i'm pretty sure conor has figured out how to do cardio despite his injury. he runs on underwater treadmills and bikes.
i think for some fighters they only need to be pushed initially. a large part of hard training is to mentally prepare you.
I whole heatedly disagree. Complacency kills progress. Once you stop being pushed you start to settle. Every day as a fighter at the championship level you need to be working to be better. You need to be pushed or you will be left in the dust. That is exactly what happened to Conor. He is complacent.

Good fighters are pushed by their peers. Good partners push their peers. Bad coaches let you get lazy.

Grappling with boxing gloves things looking up for the next fight.....

Only Conor would congratulate a teammate by showing a video of him schooling them in practice. Pretty pathetic

And thats not even getting into the fact that its a girl

<PlusJuan><PlusJuan>

Video is in the last slide.

Conor by ankle lock round 1

{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

Why’s he got his arm around her neck like that, in the 3rd slide?

That’s not cool Conor. Stop using your silver spooned dominance to project your white cyst male (give me a moment please, while I google other words to include) fascist, neo doesn’t care about PITA ideologies onto her. She looks so uncomfortable in that pic, while he’s strong arming her and visibly forcing her to keep her mouth shut, while he’s all smiles. I bet that’s the world he dreams of nightly. Keep all the women’s mouth shut, whole he gets to smile. SMDH

The UFC should look into cutting him immediately for sewyexual harassment and privilege.

Video is in the last slide.

Conor by ankle lock round 1

{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

Grappling women? bet he tried to shove his dick in her mouth

Grappling with boxing gloves things looking up for the next fight.....

Why is everybody saying these are boxing gloves? They pretty clearly look like fingerless MMA gloves to me. You can see their fingers from some angles.

Back