Media Conor looking like a dominant beast in grappling session

ultrasmash.gif
LOL of course it's sped up now. These Khabib kiddies.

Lol at this video. Conor is clowning this chick, hands behind his back and everything. Its a female fighter and Conor is styling on her and then posting it to instagram.

It's just frustrating watching good fighters not get pushed in training. You could be at the top of you'd just been tested in camp.

I blame Kav and them. A good coach makes sure their fighters are developing properly and being tested every day.
Kav makes me cringe more than Conor. He is just so smug and seems smarmy. I don't know the guy but the words out of his mouth paint the picture of a human being I would have a hard time being able to respect.

I could be wrong but that's my read. At his height, I thought Conor was the good guy and Kav the smug clinger on. Now I'm not sure about either of these gentlemen.

Lol at this video. Conor is clowning this chick, hands behind his back and everything. Its a female fighter and Conor is styling on her and then posting it to instagram.
The man needs a win - cut him a break! Geez, Sherdog, geez....

Video is in the last slide.

Conor by ankle lock round 1

{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

Elite striking and grappling against a highly skilled competitor. Old McGregor is back lads, the division is in danger in 2020.

Dude she is a white belt and a 5-4 fighter. SBG has more than enough members and decent pros who can actually push him.

At my gym when competition comes near our serious guys and pros only roll with guys who can push them. Outside of comp they help the people who need it.

It's fine to give lower belts rolls and work on shit. As long as he's not in camp then I don't see the issue.

For me, her being female doesn't matter. It's just that Conor doesn't get pushed in training. It'd be nice to see that change

conor is helping her. why is that not obvious to you. he helped her for that fight. he probably doesn't always spar with her. i really don't think this is an issue in any aspect. also you can't be pushed to hard all the time. light sparring with a male or female is fine in camp. i'm pretty sure he not only gets pushed but that he works extremely hard and disciplined in preparation for all his fights.
but this was 100% him helping her out. there is nothing wrong with that.

He is training for the new belt, Intergender Champion Belt. Connor about to get that Champ Champ Champ rant going again and transcend the boundaries once again.

conor is helping her. why is that not obvious to you. he helped her for that fight. he probably doesn't always spar with her. i really don't think this is an issue in any aspect. also you can't be pushed to hard all the time. light sparring with a male or female is fine in camp. i'm pretty sure he not only gets pushed but that he works extremely hard and disciplined in preparation for all his fights.
but this was 100% him helping her out. there is nothing wrong with that.
He definitely does not get pushed.he only trains with smaller people who he can beat up on like Lobov. It's very well known. Kav has said multiple times that he can't bring in fighters from other camps because Conor "doesn't mesh well with them". He gets pampered, not pushed.

If he's just helping her then good for her but he's also in camp. He has major holes in his game that aren't getting addressed. Helping out your team mates is good but if you want to be a championship fighter you need to be selfish. You need to train hard. You need to be pushed.

He definitely does not get pushed.he only trains with smaller people who he can beat up on like Lobov. It's very well known. Kav has said multiple times that he can't bring in fighters from other camps because Conor "doesn't mesh well with them". He gets pampered, not pushed.

If he's just helping her then good for her but he's also in camp. He has major holes in his game that aren't getting addressed. Helping out your team mates is good but if you want to be a championship fighter you need to be selfish. You need to train hard. You need to be pushed.

conor for the longest time has trained with cathal pendred and peter queally both welterweights to name a few. there are more. gunnar. why do you think he had the balls to fight at 170?
he was sparring these guys as a feather weight.

he does get pushed still. hes been known to just show up places. he went to eddie bravos once and just asked to grapple with the best guys he had.

he still does these things. he even will have bare knuckle spars and hard sparring sessions that are like fights at the gym. I think hes a little smarter now about training.

How long do you think that training session was? he gave her a minute or whatever of his time. okay... decent warm up. or decent cool down. you sound like you don't actually know anything.

He's pretty used to holding defenseless women down, not surprised.

Lion playing with a gazelle. He back, he back.

{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

anyone who puts their hands behind their back in sparring is an asshole.

can't say i'm shocked.

conor for the longest time has trained with cathal pendred both welterweights to name a few. there are more. gunnar. why do you think he had the balls to fight at 170?
he was sparring these guys as a feather weight.

he does get pushed still. hes been known to just show up places. he went to eddie bravos once and just asked to grapple with the best guys he had.

he still does these things. he even will have bare knuckle spars and hard sparring sessions that are like fights at the gym. I think hes a little smarter now about training.

How long do you think that training session was? he gave her a minute or whatever of his time. okay... decent warm up. or decent cool down. you sound like you don't actually know anything.
Gunnar hasn't been at that gym in years. He changed locations. Cathal Pendred retired nearly 5 years ago. Quealy is a big guy but hardly an elite training partner. And he fought at WW because Nate can't cut to LW on 2 weeks notice.

You're talking about shit that happened years ago. The Eddie bravo thing? ONE TIME! Years ago! Do you not see the issue with that? The only examples you can think of are from half a decade ago. Championship fighters need to be pushed regularly.

And if you think that was a one minute warm up then you don't train at an MMA gym. They're doing 5 minutes a piece(minimum), standing, grappling, then live sparring. It's a regular routine for MMA gyms.

But hey, what do I know. I'm just at an MMA helping pros prep for their fights in a month. I definitely don't know what I'm saying.

Last edited:
Gunnar hasn't been at that gym in years. He changed locations. Cathal Pendred retired as nearly 5 years ago. Quealy is a big guy but hardly an elite training partner. And he fought at WW because Nate can't cut to LW on 2 weeks notice.

You're talking about shit that happened years ago. The Eddie bravo thing? ONE TIME! Years ago! Do you not see the issue with that? The only examples you can think of are from half a decade ago. Championship fighters need to be pushed regularly.

And if you think that was a one minute warm up then you don't train. At an MMA gym. They're doing 5 minutes a piece(minimum), standing, grappling, then live sparring. It's a regular routine for MMA gyms.

But hey, what do I know. I'm just at an MMA helping pros prep for their fights in a month. I definitely don't know what I'm saying.

are you actually seeing what conor is doing...?

i said a minute or whatever. the clip is short. idk what kind of rounds they are doing idk if conor stepped in because her other partner ran out. yes i know what pro fighter classes tend to be structured like.

the eddie bravo thing was the one made most public on jre thats why i brought it up. same with the training partners i mentioned. and these guys are still fighters who are capable of pushing conor. when he was training for kabib he was grappling with competent wrestlers he was bringing in himself. boxing with pro boxers for nate and floyd.

he likely also trains smarter now and has had long stretches outside of fighting where these things wouldn't be getting reported as often if he is avoiding media.. so of course there is more public evidence of these things earlier on in his career but there is nothing saying he isn't being pushed right now. his trainer said he doesn't mesh with certain fighters but that has nothing to do with him avoiding people who can push him.

also its cool you train it doesn't mean you know anything or what you know is the end all be all of everything.

i also think you have a very specific mentality and philosophy about training. it does not apply to every fighter. sometimes you need just as much light training and rest as you need pushing. hes not stupid. he is trying to improve his weakness's constantly. his coach actually gave him the wrong mind set for kabib , he says that and i agree. he was 100% defensive minded when it came to the grappling exchanges. You will know because you train that offense is better than defense in fighting on the ground. not to trash his trainer just saying.

Back