Conor light sparring

Oh so you've also learned to love negative attention. The picture is becoming clearer.

lambert6.JPG
So you have a picture of some random man on your computer or phone? And that's a diss on me? Interesting........... Keep going.

I don't do account bets since I was banned in 2002. Nobody values my accounts, lol. I DO do money bets and when I go, I go big. I doubt you're anywhere in my ball park. I already have $500 bet on this fight with a few guys at work, but that's child's play. I'm gonna do an online bet after the weighins just at the last moment in hopes at getting the best odds I can get. Your boy is going down. I do this shit for a side living, cuz. I've been taking money from fools like you for far longer than you've been alive.

I've won so much cash from Boxing and MMA, I could buy you and sell you into slavery if I could get all that money back in one lump sum.
You sound like a fucking loser lmao

I think that there are far too many inconsequential threads where people gush over Conor; this has substance.

Wonder why his sparring partners are sitting at range and striking with him? Would like to see his training of his partners pressuring him and shooting for takedowns.

Yeah, but so would Dos Anjos and his team as well. Only posts what look like light, flowy, flim flam(y) 20 second clips of him sparring.

This warranted a thread? It's not as though we haven't seen countless videos of him sparring.

You are not required to click on every Conor thread nor watch every Conor Videos, it's amusing to read posts from people like you complaining about things they could easily avoid.

You are not required to click on every Conor thread nor watch every Conor Videos, it's amusing to read posts from people like you complaining about things they could easily avoid.

Word. I like Smithy, but some folk might not use Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and all the other crap social media fighters upload videos on.

People aren't bothered to check most of the time if a similar thread they're making has or hasn't being posted either, which makes the same threads pop up from time to time.

Yeah, but so would Dos Anjos and his team as well. Only posts what look like light, flowy, flim flam(y) 20 second clips of him sparring.

I don't think they care. I don't think Conor's team cares what they see in training, either. Conor could stuff a million takedowns from his sparring partners, but it's not going to stop RDA from attempting them on fight night. No matter what footage RDA lets out, Conor will look to land the left hand.

There is enough actual fight footage to see tendencies and skill level of both men. There won't be a radical change from either by the time the bell rings. These guys release footage for us. I don't care to see Conor working on his striking. I'd much rather see his grappling footage.

Dont like some of his antics but I for sure like his fighting style.

His striking looks so relaxed and effortless.

Not what you usually see or expect from a (T)KO artist.

Agreed. But I do think he fights like a guy who's never had his clocked clean. If/when that happens, flow motion gets a little less flowy.

Nice head kick in the first video and body shot in the second. Looking quick, mobile and tricky.

I don't think they care. I don't think Conor's team cares what they see in training, either. Conor could stuff a million takedowns from his sparring partners, but it's not going to stop RDA from attempting them on fight night. No matter what footage RDA lets out, Conor will look to land the left hand.

There is enough actual fight footage to see tendencies and skill level of both men. There won't be a radical change from either by the time the bell rings. These guys release footage for us. I don't care to see Conor working on his striking. I'd much rather see his grappling footage.

No, I get you on that. Even if Gunni came at him at 100mph shooting for a takedown and Conor stuffed it, I suppose people will analyse it and critique his technique in some way. I always find the sparring/training videos fighters put up as meaningless. They're always going to look good in them. Whether it's a conscious thing on Conor's side not to put up anything involving grappling sequences or he just can't be bothered, I'd have to go for the latter.

If you remember at 189, there was video of Conor defending takedowns and, of course, he looked good in it. We seen him taking Holloway down in their fight. And in the Brandao one, he reversed a takedown while they were both clinched up and controlled him from top for a bit. Not anything mind blowing or near the level of the top grapplers in the division, but like you said, we'll only see how good his grappling is come the fight.

Back