1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Conor landed 3 punches and Gaethje 5 leg kicks against Khabib

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by NurmaGOATedov, Oct 30, 2020.

1. NurmaGOATedov Fuck khabib

And people think they posed a significant threat and won any rounds against Khabib. Just because the commentators talked about leg kicks people think Justin's 5 pitiful legkicks damaged Khabib.
    <36>

In any given UFC fight the fighters take more punches and leg kicks than Khabib in his entire career, not just those 2 fights.

They barely even hit the man but people play it up as if it was a serious battle to feel better about their favorite fighter getting effortlessly smashed by the GOAT Khabib.

Stay delusional about Khabib's dominance. Literally nobody did any damage whatsoever to that man so far.

2. Peli Silver Belt

Nice strawman. No one thinks his leg kicks did anything to affect the outcome of the fight. The fact is it did damage and even javier mendez said that khabib was joking about why did he reveal the gameplan so gaethje can chew up his kicks. I'm not sure starting another thread is going to clear that point up, but go ahead.

But What do I expect from the dude that says Khabib Hates Javier lol.

3. NurmaGOATedov Fuck khabib

Of course Javier isn't going to downplay his opponent dude. Watch the fight without the biased commentary and you'll see that Gaethje landed next to nothing same for Conor.

4. Peli Silver Belt

I watched the fight and saw how he reacted. Each one, he took it just fine until the last leg kick. That look like it really stung. I think khabib has a high tolerance for pain. Hello, he fought with a broken toe. However, I don't think he's impervious to damage. He has said in the past his legs hurt so bad from leg kicks on the russia scene the next day, he'd still get up and run miles. Does that mean it change the outcome of his fights? No. Does that mean he took damage? Yeah. I'm not sure why you read more into that than it is.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  5. Fenn Blue Belt

6. Bear Faced Liar Yellow Belt

To be fair those leg kicks hurt. If Khabib didn't finish the fight early, he might have trouble in the later rounds. This was how Tony got destroyed. He ate too many leg kicks, lost mobility, and got hit in the head way too much.

Some people are saying that Conor did better because he lasted longer. I think it depends on the circumstances. In Gaethje's fight, Khabib probably want to end it fast to avoid getting his legs wrecked. Didn't bother with ground and pound. Went for match-finishing sequences like armbars and the triangle. Showed a lot more urgency.

In Conor's fight, when Khabib grounded him in the early rounds, he just went all out to smash. Wanted to punch Conor's face in.

Crazysibop likes this.
  7. Peli Silver Belt

His argument is Khabib's impervious to damage and those leg kicks didn't hurt. He thinks by saying the leg kicks hurt, means that we on sherdog said khabib would have lost to those leg kicks. I don't know how he made that leap to conclusion.

8. Reign009 Not sure if serious.

Lol seriously wtf, and who's he trying to convince anyway? Most people understand that Conor and Justin got smeshed.

BooBoyMan likes this.
  9. Snake Master Purple Belt

3 punches?
    347BA27F-4281-4E78-8EF9-E5F07F6AE279.jpeg

Peoples, markg171 and Paulsp like this.
  10. Ufcmaster Banned Banned

Those leg kicks had me worried before the fight but after I saw Khabib chase after Gaethje like he did Barboza and eat his best shots I completely forgot about the leg kicks lol

Can't even tell you how many landed

11. Fesaine Black Belt

The Majority of those are kicks. And a lot "head strikes" that Conor landed on khabib are when he's off his back.

Nip Tickler and NurmaGOATedov like this.
  12. NurmaGOATedov Fuck khabib

Rewatch the fight dude. I have no idea how they come up with those stats. Conor literally lands a handful of strikes.

Paulsp likes this.
  13. Snake Master Purple Belt

He literally doesn’t. Some were on the ground and a lot standing.

markg171 likes this.
  14. meareiguana Orange Belt

It seemed to me like Khabib totally disrespected every strike from Gaethje and kept pushing forward constantly. I'd have to rewatch the Conor fight but I'd say he was much more cautious/defensive most of the time.

15. Dbreiden83080 Andle My Riddum

Justin sure was right about Khabib's fans..

Jesus..

Peoples, markg171 and Bork Neslar like this.
  16. Cranberry2.0 Banned Banned

Khabib is perfect for 155. Just not that impressive when that's your competition with all due respect

17. Peli Silver Belt

Not all of us bro. Not all of us.

Dbreiden83080 likes this.
  18. NurmaGOATedov Fuck khabib

You aren't really a fan, you hopped on the bandwagon 4 months ago and apparently spend 24 hours a day posting here judging by your post count.

19. Peli Silver Belt

Your first half of your sentence is incorrect. Your second half is accurate. I have no life.

Despite all that, I'm not deluded when I have discussions about my favorite fighter.

Again weren't you the dude that said Khabib and Javier relationship was strained? Yet, I'm not a real fan. lol.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  20. Martialbeef Silver Belt

Fuck Conor, and I haven’t watched the fight in ages but i felt Conor was doing decent with cute little push kicks to Khabibs torso and that.