Conor Khabib: Keys to the cage

Mcgregor has shown he is willing to gameplan and adopt a strategy to win. I wouldn’t be surprised if he came in stupid low stance like raging Al.

Conor is the only fighter Khabib has yet fought that won't fight with fear after he gets taken down. After Mendes took him down, almost at will, Conor got up and marched him down with an almost urgency. It's so rare you see that type of mentality, and it takes a mental fortitude that other fighters Khabib fought lack.

I’m wondering if:

Khabib takes Conor down in the first round and lands some decent GnP, will Conor be able to regroup and come back in the 2nd? Or will a round of being dominated break him?

Like when Anderson Silva fought Chael for the 2nd time, he was thoroughly dominated and mounted in the first round, probably a 10-8.
But he started the 2nd round fresh and finished Chael.
Can Conor handle it like Silva did?
Khabib is better at ground and pound than Chael and Conor is worse than Silva on his back.

Another different perspective:

Since the Diaz fights, McGregor has been training jiu-jitsu consistently with Dillon Danis, one of the best BJJ practitioners to ever compete at ADCC. Love him or hate him, dude's a bit of a jiu-jitsu wonderkid, and has been guiding Conor through the deep waters of jitz.

Conor will choke Khabib out, or triangle his ass.

@Danis_champ
Dont think Conor is gonna have the gas or skill level to grapple with khabib, but people keep sleeping on this.

1 on 1 with Nogi world champ for over a year is seriously gonna fix glaring holes in your game. His grappling was already underrated. I think his tdd will be better than people expect.

This site if Conor caught a sub of a takedown from khabib. A microscopic chance but holy fuck. Hes got long arms and solid strength so hes atleast got the physical attributes on his side for a guilitine/darce.

Again Im pretty much 100% sure it wont happen, but we all know mma and the crazy shit that happens. Khabib takes a couple lefts, goes for a td to recover, Conor slips something in.

Fuck either that or khabib to tko/ko would be beautiful.

Since the Diaz fights, McGregor has been training jiu-jitsu consistently with Dillon Danis, one of the best BJJ practitioners to ever compete at ADCC. Love him or hate him, dude's a bit of a jiu-jitsu wonderkid, and has been guiding Conor through the deep waters of jitz.

@Danis_champ
Khabib has a higher chance of going straight boxing Conor with one hand behind his back, both eyes closed and still KOing Conor than Conor choking or triangle Khabib.

Observation bruh. Everyone says Conor KO or khabib G&P. This is a different perspective.
So your observation is that Conor could land big strikes or Khabib could smash him with TDs

Brilliant observations. This is ground-breaking insight. I am humbled by your wisdom

So your observation is that Conor could land big strikes or Khabib could smash him with TDs

Brilliant observations. This is ground-breaking insight. I am humbled by your wisdom

What's your address bro?

1600 Pennsylvania Ave
Washington, DC

Come at me bro

<{cum@me}>

#FAKENEWS

220px-1600_Pennsylvania_Avenue.jpg

Everyone seems to heavily side with one fighter or the other. Khabib seems to be the favorite.

Khabib will most likely get some takedowns and Conor will probably scramble or get back to his feet on some of them. It could come down to Conor landing significant strikes versus khabib takedowns. And if there isnt much G&P, the significant strikes could carry more weight than takedowns.

legit worst thread ive seen in a while, well done i guess?

stop drinking so much

I feel like the referees will make sure that Khabib is not going to make this a boring fight.
I expect at least one moment similar to the Mendes standup to be a point of controversy in this fight.

I'm surprised nobody has started a thread just on this.

I would be disgusted but not surprised if the ref stands them up without giving Khabib any time to work his ground game at all. It's one of those grey areas where you can't prove a financial motive for helping Conor win but you know everybody around makes money with Conor remaining a champ in the people's eyes.

I can totally picture a premature stand up and then Khabib feeling upset and bothered by it and then Conor landing a couple lefts to chop him down.

This of course would feed into a mega-rematch in Russia or something where Khabib says "My camp must approve of referee, "Not dis bowlsheet."

155 is the key and what makes this fight so epic..Conor didn't beat Alvarez- he absolutely toyed with him and had him flopping all over the place with 50% power shots and khabibby is an absolute monster.Again, I have No clue who s going to win but a fight id pay to see by itself

@Danis_champ
Yes, Dillon is for real.

But I think Conor will not submit Khabib. I'm sure Conors jiu jitsu has gotten much better but that is not enough to submit a beast like Khabib is. Pettis and Tony could do that though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back