Conor Khabib: Keys to the cage

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Dana_is_your_GOD, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Dana_is_your_GOD

Dana_is_your_GOD Banned Banned

Everyone seems to heavily side with one fighter or the other. Khabib seems to be the favorite.

Khabib will most likely get some takedowns and Conor will probably scramble or get back to his feet on some of them. It could come down to Conor landing significant strikes versus khabib takedowns. And if there isnt much G&P, the significant strikes could carry more weight than takedowns.

PlatinumAmerican and Haj01 like this.
  2. elbowsandwiches

elbowsandwiches Brown Belt

...... and your conclusion is? Or are you just opining about the fight?

....yes ... anything could happen, from a conor 13 sec ko, to khabib getting a slam ko on conor..... and a million things in between.

That's what makes the fight exciting, who knows what could happen

3. Dana_is_your_GOD

Observation bruh. Everyone says Conor KO or khabib G&P. This is a different perspective.

4. elbowsandwiches

elbowsandwiches Brown Belt

neither.....imo khabib will hold conor down with just minimal enough action to not get stood up for 25 minutes

YOLOGOGOPLATA likes this.
  5. Only Here for Attachments

Only Here for Attachments Free from the yellow once again!

I think Conor wins by Peruvian neck-tie

PlatinumAmerican likes this.
  6. faixafrouxa

faixafrouxa Dembelt

I don’t understand when people are so assured of it going only one way. I think what is certain that it won’t go to distance, and the other will be made look bad. Either Conor via knockout or Khabib via smesh. It’s a race who gets there first. When it happens October 6th, I totally saw it coming, but it could’ve gone the other way as well.

7. blackjackz

blackjackz Purple Belt

I will be shocked if this fight doesn't play out one of two ways... either Conor's precision striking prevents Khabib from getting the TD, and/or KO's him during an attempt... or Khabib gets his hands on Conor, and roughs him up on the ground... until either a TKO stoppage, submission, or lopsided decision...

I don't see Conor managing to scramble his way out of a takedown, if the Dagastani gets his hands on him... perhaps early in the fight... and I don't see any way to mitigate the G&P if this fight ends up on the mat..

Conor has outstanding striking, precision and power... that is his ticket... cut Khabib down at distance, with lots of mobility, and wear him down... his biggest issue will be committing to his stand-up while still being on guard for the TD... I think the difference between Conor's previous opponents that had great ground game, is that Khabib is a totally different animal... Mendes is much smaller, and was coming in on short notice... Alvarez was an impressive win for the Irishman, no one can deny that... but Eddie will stand and bang, his wrestling is damn good, but it is not Khabib level... and Khabib is a massive LW... if he gets his hands on Conor, this fight is going no where but the mat until the end of the round...

Looking forward to this fight.. fan of both fighters...

legedema likes this.
  8. TheChance

TheChance Black Belt

I don't think you need keys to get in the cage, pretty sure it's just a simple latching mechanism

9. Workaholic

Workaholic Silver Belt

I don't think so. I'm not sure who wins this, but I think the guy who loses is going to lose badly and fall victim to the "he was never good thing". Their strengths and weaknesses play so perfectly into each other's whichever guy gets to impose their game is going to destroy the other

Whether Conor starches him early or Khabib dominates for several rounds before finishing I think this one looks really one sided. I just don't know which side

10. Dana_is_your_GOD

:mad:

11. fedoriswar37

fedoriswar37 Brown Belt

Its a trickey matchup for both. Khabib starts slow and has meh defense, but surprisingly doesnt get hit a lot. He was multiple ways to take conor down thoroughout the ring but conor doesnt miss much so he has to be careful. Itll be interesting to see how much the threat of a TD effects conors striking. Hes gotta bw careful committing fully to some strikes or hell end up on the ground for a round

12. Psychedelic

Psychedelic Red Belt

Another different perspective:

Since the Diaz fights, McGregor has been training jiu-jitsu consistently with Dillon Danis, one of the best BJJ practitioners to ever compete at ADCC. Love him or hate him, dude's a bit of a jiu-jitsu wonderkid, and has been guiding Conor through the deep waters of jitz.

Conor will choke Khabib out, or triangle his ass.

@Danis_champ

13. Haj01

Haj01 Silver Belt

This bout will be a hell in a cell. And so the cage door will be locked! The keys will be stowed away in a safe place.

<21>

14. tenniswhiz

tenniswhiz Steel Belt

I’m wondering if:

Khabib takes Conor down in the first round and lands some decent GnP, will Conor be able to regroup and come back in the 2nd? Or will a round of being dominated break him?

Like when Anderson Silva fought Chael for the 2nd time, he was thoroughly dominated and mounted in the first round, probably a 10-8.
    But he started the 2nd round fresh and finished Chael.
    Can Conor handle it like Silva did?

15. legedema

legedema Brown Belt

totally agree ,
    it is also interesting that people saying that Khabib holds him down to a decision.
    standing, Conor got all the tools to finish but if it goes to ground, it will be a f...cked up night for Conor

16. Dionysian

Dionysian Silver Belt

I don't get this "Khabib by LNP" viewpoint on this fight. When has he LNPd? And what about Conor's game would force him to become a LNP guy overnight? I just don't see it.

17. Aluminati

Aluminati Platinum ordo seclorum

I feel like the referees will make sure that Khabib is not going to make this a boring fight.
    I expect at least one moment similar to the Mendes standup to be a point of controversy in this fight.

Coconutwater likes this.
  18. Workaholic

Workaholic Silver Belt

<LikeReally5>

caliboi74lv, HNIC215 and Psychedelic like this.
  19. snakeyes1022

snakeyes1022 Blue Belt

That depends will Khabib also make a historic tactical blunder and go for a stupid spinning back fist?

20. Dana_is_your_GOD

Breh, you do know khabib subbed leo viera right?