Conor isn't obliged to take the toughest replacement fight

Because Silva did not want to vacate the belt at 185 back then.
See the ONLY one being able to fight for titles with out having to forfeit his belt is Conor.
Thats Dana's word.

AS also DEFENDED his belt several times at 185, something McG has yet to do.

At this point McG has NOT fought a legit guy at 155..
So whats your point?
He is fighting Nate a 155 at 170. He is not really moving up to 170 fighting a contender or even a ranked fighter at 170. But you knew that.

Nate (who used to fight at 170) is a better win at WW than Bonnar or Irvin could ever be at 205. And puhhleaseee about not being able to forfeit his title. You really think that if Anderson really wanted to fight JBJ, which would be a gigantic fight, that the UFC would say no to him keeping his MW belt. Lol not to mention that AS would not win that fight, so the UFC would have nothing to worry about. Anderson was all talk about fighting Jon.

Also again, my point stands, why did he never fight other higher ranked fighters at 205. You're trying to tell me that only Bonnar was interested in fighting Anderson at that time.

All I ever remember GSP saying was he wanted to fight the best. If you're going to start gloating about 3 belts, and other complete shite. You better back it up. Conor is not doing that. Fanboi can cry all they want. But, even they must see the hypocrisy of their false god.

Which is exactly why we have this thread. LOL... Defending their false GOAT. They are worse than Ronda's ridiculous fanbase. At least she's a woman... of sorts.

And he fought the best at 170.
I cant recall him ever really wanting to move up to 185.
It was more media fans that talked about it.
Did he ever call out anybody outside of 170?

People saying this is an easy fight don't have a clue.

He isn't obliged to take the toughest replacement but it's funny how he always chooses the easiest one.

All I ever remember GSP saying was he wanted to fight the best. If you're going to start gloating about 3 belts, and other complete shite. You better back it up. Conor is not doing that. Fanboi can cry all they want. But, even they must see the hypocrisy of their false god.

Which is exactly why we have this thread. LOL... Defending their false GOAT. They are worse than Ronda's ridiculous fanbase. At least she's a woman... of sorts.

Then you should refresh your memory, because GSP was very adamant about the potential of fighting Anderson. Again, of all the the champs that have been talking about multiple belts, Conor is one of the few that actually steps up to the plate and actually signs to fight the champ of a higher weightclass.

He isn't obliged to take the toughest replacement but it's funny how he always chooses the easiest one.

Good lord, since when is Mendes an easy fight at FW? Like seriously? I dont know if you people remember that Mendes almost beat Aldo before the Conor fight. But all the sudden he became a can?

Nate (who used to fight at 170) is a better win at WW than Bonnar or Irvin could ever be at 205. And puhhleaseee about not being able to forfeit his title. You really think that if Anderson really wanted to fight JBJ, which would be a gigantic fight, that the UFC would say no to him keeping his MW belt. Lol not to mention that AS would not win that fight, so the UFC would have nothing to worry about. Anderson was all talk about fighting Jon.

Also again, my point stand, why did he never fight other higher ranked fighters at 205. You're trying to tell me that only Bonnar was interested in fighting Anderson at that time.

McG used to fight at 155...

So Nate Diaz is a better win than the former champion from a weight class above?
Nate Diaz is 18-10
Forrest at the time was 16 -5

Yeah keep spinning your BS. I am out of here.

Also again, my point stands, why did he never fight other higher ranked fighters at 205. You're trying to tell me that only Bonnar was interested in fighting Anderson at that time.

The biggest difference being that Anderson fights naturally bigger men on short notice while McGregor fights the same sized men while they are on short notice.

yes he is, when. conor talks shit on mendes the other late replacement in the past. after the fight, like he loosened his jaw for frankie. also the conor fan boys exploiting the figjt but fail to mention chad was winning till he gassed and go on cheering like it was full camp mendes. frankie KO'D full camp mendes. conor had a early stoppage awarded to him against a man who was on a huntin vacation and was losing till he gassed. so yes conor has to take the toughest fight beciase he'll boast anyway

Good lord, since when is Mendes an easy fight at FW? Like seriously? I dont know if you people remember that Mendes almost beat Aldo before the Conor fight. But all the sudden he became a can?

The small issue of a 2 week camp you neglected to mention.

McG used to fight at 155...

So Nate Diaz is a better win than the former champion from a weight class above?
Nate Diaz is 18-10
Forrest at the time was 16 -5

Yeah keep spinning your BS. I am out of here.

Love how you do the same thing you critiqued me for just a moment ago. Why dont you react to the points I made about him not fighting any other top fighters. Shogun at the time wanted to fight him, never happened. Where was the Rashad fight, or Phil Davis, or who the hell was around at that time at 205. He was very comfortable at 205 yet never challenged the champ. But sureee he wants to fight Mir. Fuck outtaaaaa here

The small issue of a 2 week camp you neglected to mention.

Wtf does that have to do with the quality of the opponent? Wouldnt Frankie have the same problem? At that point he could have beat Cain for the replacement fight and the two week argument would still be there.

McGregor is the one saying he is going to create the McGregor divison because they are all his divisions. McGregor is the one saying he is going to get 2, 3, 7 belts, however many he thinks he can get, I guess Lawler is next. McGregor is the one saying he will fight anyone, anywhere, anytime, any weight because he doesn't give fuck about weight.

When you talk like that, we expect you to take tough opponents and not the most calculated one you can that will be the most favorable matchup.

Cerrone is a tough opponent? Nate is a bigger stylistic challenge. Cerrone would likely drop from one body shot and be folded under pressure before the fight even starts. It's classic cowboy.

I really don't get people that think he is ducking anyone when he was about to fight RDA FFS. He just fought Aldo and he went up to fight RDA 3 months later and people think he is ducking someone....are you guys really that stupid?

Love how you do the same thing you critiqued me for just a moment ago. Why dont you react to the points I made about him not fighting any other top fighters. Shogun at the time wanted to fight him, never happened. Where was the Rashad fight, or Phil Davis, or who the hell was around at that time at 205. He was very comfortable at 205 yet never challenged the champ. But sureee he wants to fight Mir. Fuck outtaaaaa here

Because he was busy defending his title which made him a contender in the GOAT talks?
You talk like McG have taken on all comers in different weight classes.
So far he has ZERO fights at a higher weigh class.
In March he will have his FIRST thats one less than Silvia had at 205.
McG moved DOWN in weight to compete from 155 to 145...
Silvia only moved up.

Wtf does that have to do with the quality of the opponent? Wouldnt Frankie have the same problem? At that point he could have beat Cain for the replacement fight and the two week argument would still be there.

Frankie was fight ready at that time. Mendes clearly wasn't. he was just offered a boatload of cash to fight him while they overlooked Frankie. For a very good reason.

Cerrone is a tough opponent? Nate is a bigger stylistic challenge. Cerrone would likely drop from one body shot and be folded under pressure before the fight even starts. It's classic cowboy.

Cerrone was at least in shape and ready to fight.

A Khabib/Cowboy fight at 155 doesn't really do anything for McGregor. It wont place him any better in the LW division because he was already fighting for the title. A Diaz fight at 170 gives him the biggest payday available and a chance to test the waters at 170, plus it was the fans favourite match up. Smart business decision all round.

All this talk of Conor ducking one guy or another guy, he can only fight one guy at a time and this match up made the most sense at this time.

Cowboy was the only other guy who had a shout at the fight, and I don't think it would have been a great fight. Conor worked Mendes' body hard, and we know that's a weak point for Cowboy. Frankie is injured, Aldo isn't ready for whatever reason, Khabib already told Ferguson he can't make an early March date, so if Conor is ducking Khabib, Khabib is ducking Ferguson. Sure, they could have looked at a guy like Pettis, but is that any better than Diaz?

I'm absolutely fine with Conor-Nate.

Or... and I know this is crazy talk around here... or he could defend his FW belt like a champion is supposed to and Zuffa can go back to denying these obviously poorly thought out little gimmicks where a champ holds up his belt for most of a year (or now I guess 2 belts are being held up) with injuries or TUF coaching or media jaunts or weightclass jumping

When you claim that you don't give a fuck and that "They're all the same" you have to back it up. And enough of the Conor defense force. The guy is a grown man. I'm sure he can defend himself without a bunch of his fanboys whining every time a little negativity is thrown his way.

Agreed. With that said Connor has been backing it up. Anyone claiming that he's ducking Cerrone is stupid Diaz beat Cerrone so it's not like Connor is asking for Joe Stevenson or some shit. On top of that this would be Cerrone's third fight in like three months that's not in shape and I'm not so sure he would be in anymore shape then Diaz.

Back