Conor isn't obliged to take the toughest replacement fight

NationWideNinja

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I keep reading the same bullshit over and over again......"why doesnt he fight Ferguson, why not Khabib, why not Pettis, why not Cerrone whos in shape, why are they protecting him".........yaddieyaddieyaaaa.

Conor doesnt owe anyone jackshit. He could pull a Jones move and just back out of the event entirely. Yes we all know he's still fighting for that big payday, but the point remains that he's showing balls by endangering his current winning streak, image, and potential shot at the belt, all by taking on a different opponent within a weeks notice. He could very easily say that he wants a bit more prep time and fight somewhere next month.

Let us not forget how Jones didnt want to risk fighting Chael on a short notice, which was probably the biggest gimme fight in MMA history. The only time Anderson moved up to LHW was to fight guys like Irvin or Bonnar. Or how about Khabib who couldnt make the Ferguson fight in march, but all of the sudden is able to fight next week.

Conor isnt gonna risk losing his shot at the LW belt by taking the most dangerous fight available in order to please a bunch of hardcore fans. And why should he? He already was scheduled to fight the arguably biggest monster in the LW division, so who can blame him for being careful about ruining that fight later on this year.

PS: Stop underestimating and disrespecting Nate Diaz. Style wise this can be a very interesting fight, and not as an easy win as you guys make it out to be.

Last edited:
When you claim that you don't give a fuck and that "They're all the same" you have to back it up. And enough of the Conor defense force. The guy is a grown man. I'm sure he can defend himself without a bunch of his fanboys whining every time a little negativity is thrown his way.

"The only time Anderson moved up to LHW was to fight guys like Irvin or Bonnar."
Anderson started out at 168 and moved up over the years to take fights at 205.
Say what you will about Forrest but at the time he was one fight removed from being the Champ at 205.
Anderson also talked about fighting Mir.

When you claim that you don't give a fuck and that "They're all the same" you have to back it up. And enough of the Conor defense force. The guy is a grown man. I'm sure he can defend himself without a bunch of his fanboys whining every time a little negativity is thrown his way.

Guess the constant posts of hate are okay, but a thread defending his choice of opponent is immediately considered sad nuthuggery?

Well i'm one of the few who think it's a 50/50 fight. Aldo or Edgar would have been nice but they decline so i'm ok with that fight.

"The only time Anderson moved up to LHW was to fight guys like Irvin or Bonnar."
Say what you will about Forrest but at the time he was one fight removed from being the Champ at 205.

"Anderson talked about fighting Mir".....thats great, Anderson said a lot of things. Such as fighting Jon Jones. Just as GSP said a lot of things about moving up to MW.

Agreed. It's tiresome to keep reading how McGregor is 'ducking' certain fighters. He was scheduled to fight the number one guy in the division, yet he's somehow scared to fight Cerrone and Khabib?

That makes no sense.

McGregor could've postponed the fight with RDA, but he wants to remain active, wants a payday, and wants to put on a show for the fans who've paid for their tickets. People should be thankful McGregor is even going ahead with this fight, because he has absolutely nothing to gain.

I think this fight is more about Nate being a fun match up/draw that we probably wouldn't get to see otherwise. Cerrone/Khabib are far enough up in the rankings that a legit matchup could be made, while a Diaz fight probably won't get made while they are both still draws.

"Anderson talked about fighting Mir".....thats great, Anderson said a lot of things. Such as fighting Jon Jones. Just as GSP said a lot of things about moving up to MW.

So no comment about him moving from 168 - 205 during his career?
Or Forrest actually was one fight removed from being the Champ at 205 when he faced AS?

The only thing you found worth commenting on was that Anderson was willing to fight Mir

I think this fight is more about Nate being a fun match up/draw that we probably wouldn't get to see otherwise. Cerrone/Khabib are far enough up in the rankings that a legit matchup could be made, while a Diaz fight probably won't get made while they are both still draws.

Agreed. It's tiresome to keep reading how McGregor is 'ducking' certain fighters. He was scheduled to fight the number one guy in the division, yet he's somehow scared to fight Cerrone and Khabib?

That makes no sense.

McGregor could've postponed the fight with RDA, but he wants to remain active, wants a payday, and wants to put on a show for the fans who've paid for their tickets. People should be thankful McGregor is even going ahead with this fight, because he has absolutely nothing to gain.

It's not conor's fault people keep pulling out with bogus injuries within days of the fight. Aldo, now rda.

He has a LW title shot lined up, so obviously he isn't going to fight anyone at LW, even if they have a only a 1% chance of winning.

Fighting Nate at 170 means he'll still get his title shot win or lose AND it'll make some big PPV numbers.

So no comment about him moving from 168 - 205 during his career?
Or Forrest actually was one fight removed from being the Champ at 205 when he faced AS?

The only thing you found worth commenting on was that Anderson was willing to fight Mir

Forrest was a match made in heaven for Silva. Answer me this, why did he never compete for the belt at 205? He obviously wasnt overpowered at that weight, he seemed at his best at that weight, so what gives? He never challenged when Rampage, Rashad, Shogun, or Jon Jones were champ. Hell why did he never fight a legit guy besides Forrest. Doesnt even have to be the champ.

Also Conor won the belt at 145 two months ago, and is fighting at 170 next weekend. So I dont see your point.

McGregor is the one saying he is going to create the McGregor divison because they are all his divisions. McGregor is the one saying he is going to get 2, 3, 7 belts, however many he thinks he can get, I guess Lawler is next. McGregor is the one saying he will fight anyone, anywhere, anytime, any weight because he doesn't give fuck about weight.

When you talk like that, we expect you to take tough opponents and not the most calculated one you can that will be the most favorable matchup.

I'm just happy that he didn't turn down a replacement fight. Props to both Conor and Nate for taking the fight!

McGregor is the one saying he is going to create the McGregor divison because they are all his divisions. McGregor is the one saying he is going to get 2, 3, 7 belts, however many he thinks he can get, I guess Lawler is next. McGregor is the one saying he will fight anyone, anywhere, anytime, any weight because he doesn't give fuck about weight.

When you talk like that, we expect you to take tough opponents and not the most calculated one you can that will be the most favorable matchup.

And he said he was El Chapo, and he said he was gonna bury Floyd in the desert, he said he's gonna take Aldo's head clean off. Obviously Conor like to say a lot of stuff, but he's not dumb. Again dont forget that he didnt pussyfoot around on his word that he will compete for the LW belt against RDA.

Out of all the champs that have been talking in the UFC about superfights, from GSP talking about fighting AS, from AS talking about fighting JBJ, from JBJ talking about moving up to HW, thus far Conor has been the only one in a long while that actually made true on his promise.

Forrest was a match made in heaven for Silva. Answer me this, why did he never compete for the belt at 205? He obviously wasnt overpowered at that weight, he seemed at his best at that weight, so what gives? He never challenged when Rampage, Rashad, Shogun, or Jon Jones were champ. Hell why did he never fight a legit guy besides Forrest. Doesnt even have to be the champ.

Also Conor won the belt at 145 two months ago, and is fighting at 170 next weekend. So I dont see your point.

Because Silva did not want to vacate the belt at 185 back then.
See the ONLY one being able to fight for titles with out having to forfeit his belt is Conor.
Thats Dana's word.

AS also DEFENDED his belt several times at 185, something McG has yet to do.

At this point McG has NOT fought a legit guy at 155..
So whats your point?
He is fighting Nate a 155 at 170. He is not really moving up to 170 fighting a contender or even a ranked fighter at 170. But you knew that.

And he said he was El Chapo, and he said he was gonna bury Floyd in the desert, he said he's gonna take Aldo's head clean off. Obviously Conor like to say a lot of stuff, but he's not dumb. Again dont forget that he didnt pussyfoot around on his word that he will compete for the LW belt against RDA.

Out of all the champs that have been talking in the UFC about superfights, from GSP talking about fighting AS, from AS talking about fighting JBJ, from JBJ talking about moving up to HW, thus far Conor has been the only one in a long while that actually made true on his promise.

A real superfight involves long reigning champions. 0 defense McGregor has been gifted way too much and although I was interested in seeing him fight 1 defense RDA, I do not classify it as a superfight.

All I ever remember GSP saying was he wanted to fight the best. If you're going to start gloating about 3 belts, and other complete shite. You better back it up. Conor is not doing that. Fanboi can cry all they want. But, even they must see the hypocrisy of their false god.

Which is exactly why we have this thread. LOL... Defending their false GOAT. They are worse than Ronda's ridiculous fanbase. At least she's a woman... of sorts.

Well, he hasn't logged on in a few days, so we might as well have a discussion about the topic. What say you?

Back