Conor Is The Rangiest Fighter Aldo Has Faced

Fosheez**

Green Belt
Reaction score
Conor is the rangiest fighter Aldo has faced and Conor knows how to use his length very well. How will Aldo counter that range when he was getting lit up by t-rex arms Mendes? Conor also seems to be like Chuck where he has deceptive KO power by rocking people with punches that look like he isn't putting much force into.

If Conor comes prepared for Aldos leg kicks he will win. Thats the only way Aldo takes this fight.

Brookins
Perez
Florian
KZ

All opponents taller and have more reach than Aldo. 2 ko's, 1 tko, 1 decision.

Next?

Brookins
Perez
Florian
KZ

All opponents taller and have more reach than Aldo. 2 ko's, 1 tko, 1 decision.

Next?

Long reach doesn't equal range, it's the ability to utilize the concept of range to your advantage that matters most.

Conor is the rangiest fighter Aldo has faced and Conor knows how to use his length very well. How will Aldo counter that range when he was getting lit up by t-rex arms Mendes? Conor also seems to be like Chuck where he has deceptive KO power by rocking people with punches that look like he isn't putting much force into.

All of you Aldo haters keep forgetting that Aldo is a world champ in bjj. If the fight doesn't go his way standing, he can take Conor down and sub him.
I highly doubt he will need to because Conor will be limping to his stool after round one.

5 fights and he's already Chuck Liddell

Hot damn you guys take hype by the heaping mouthful

I don't get the delusions about McGregor. I think it's a waste of talent that they are feeding him to Aldo this early.

Conor IS the rangiest fighter that Aldo has faced, but I think the reverse is also true, McGregor has NEVER faced anyone like Aldo.

Maybe Conor is a better striker than Aldo, maybe Aldo is better, maybe one of them has more power but one of them is able to land more.

But I am pretty sure that Aldo is more well rounded as an MMA fighter. If he can't get comfortable in the striking with Conor he can alter the fight be implementing take downs and clinching, both of which could potentially enhance his striking ability against McGregor by throwing him off and making him think.

If I had to pick a winner it would be Aldo via decision, but I really don't know what will happen in this fight, it should be pretty entertaining.

They won't listen man, I've tried and brought up the same points. As for that deceptive power in his punches, it's called being 'heavy handed'. Conor is definitely heavy handed and he can hurt someone with what looks like an arm punch. He's very dangerous with those hands.

As for the one Aldo fan pointing out physical reach for ranginess, it isn't just limb length (reach and leg length), it's how quickly Conor can close the gap and exit that adds a lot to his ranginess. Nobody in the division does it as smoothly as Conor does.

Range =/= Biggest test.

Mendes was and will be Aldo's biggest test, unless Lamas can prove something in the Mendes fight. Mendes has dangerous striking, and wrestling, to which Aldo outclassed in a terrific fight. People forget how much hype was behind Mendes going into the rematch.

5 fights and he's already Chuck Liddell

Hot damn you guys take hype by the heaping mouthful

actually these people have there mouths in a different region of Conor's body

While Aldo is the fastest, the most technical, the best wrestler, the best ground fighter, the most explosive, the most experienced and the best striker Connor has every faced.

Connor is very very good but it isnt just his legs that are terribly open, his chin is up and out. All it takes is one itsy bitsy clip after a setup or during a scramble and it's night night. Yes, Connor has walked theough everybody he's face in the UFC but Aldo would've buzzsawed through those guys just as easily, or more so.

I have no idea who will win this fight but I have to pretty heavily favor Aldo. I think the odds makers will too.

If Conor comes prepared for Aldos leg kicks he will win. Thats the only way Aldo takes this fight.

I see conor adapting to the leg kicks by tagging aldo with his straight left, every time aldo throws one. Soon, aldo will stop throwing them...

Watched him last night for the first time ever. My biggest takeaway? That dude has a gigantic disproportionate head, he looks like a bobble head toy!

Range =/= Biggest test.

Mendes was and will be Aldo's biggest test, unless Lamas can prove something in the Mendes fight. Mendes has dangerous striking, and wrestling, to which Aldo outclassed in a terrific fight. People forget how much hype was behind Mendes going into the rematch.

Mendes did look amazing in that fight it was just that Aldo is better.

Range =/= Biggest test.

Connor can put his balls on Mendes forehead, though, so that pretty much wrecks your arguement. Duh.

Back