Conor is the Purest Southpaw in the Game

You are over-simplifying stuff, but if you really have a burning desire to dive in to the effects that different stances have on fighting, I suggest you keep reading, watching and breaking down stuff.

For example here is some knowledge to start with: https://expertboxing.com/southpaw-guide-to-beating-orthodox-fighters

Thanks. I'll check it out.

I'm simply stating that there is an inherent advantage in a southpaw vs orthodox fighter matchup in favor of the southpaw. And it isn't any clearer than when you watch Conor.

Yeah lefted handed people used to be forced to write with their right hand because people thought it was some kind of a disease like 50 years ago. It's 2019. Anderson is right handed who fights from southpaw much like many high level strikers.

My nephew is left handed and writes with his right hand. It's not that uncommon. Our writing system, as I said, is intended for right handed people. I can be harder to write left handed than right handed if you're mildly ambidextrous. Not to mention smearing ink on your paper or your hand. Binders and coiled notebooks are also designed for right handers and the hoops will obstruct the hand of a left handed person.

There is also something called cross-dominance. In addition to the above, my brother in law plays hockey left handed, but golfs right handed. Which is weird because they are similar motions.

Last edited:
You are over-simplifying stuff, but if you really have a burning desire to dive in to the effects that different stances have on fighting, I suggest you keep reading, watching and breaking down stuff.

For example here is some knowledge to start with: https://expertboxing.com/southpaw-guide-to-beating-orthodox-fighters
Lol i boxed for many years and I currently roll at an mma gym, you guys are honestly hilarious.. you know how many gyms have experienced southpaws lined up? Its not exactly impossible to get that look.
I grew up boxing orthodox but i always feel better balanced with my right foot forward, but more powerful with my right foot back in orthodox, its a trade off.
Theres guys that have ZERO problems with either stance its just a different look.
Mcgrgeor is successful because of other attributes like his timing, accuracy, pressure, him being a southpaw isnt a huge deal orthodox fighters have done the same exact thing.

You cant tell me about read this, just do it then come back

Lol i boxed for many years and I currently roll at an mma gym, you guys are honestly hilarious.. you know how many gyms have experienced southpaws lined up? Its not exactly impossible to get that look.
I grew up boxing orthodox but i always feel better balanced with my right foot forward, but more powerful with my right foot back in orthodox, its a trade off.
Theres guys that have ZERO problems with either stance its just a different look.
Mcgrgeor is successful because of other attributes like his timing, accuracy, pressure, him being a southpaw isnt a huge deal orthodox fighters have done the same exact thing.

You cant tell me about read this, just do it then come back
I’m not telling you that and I won’t say anyone is succesful because they fight southpaw. I thought the TS was so into stances, especially southpaws, that he could do some research.

The idea that the stance itself would win or lose fights is stupid. There are some differences and what to look for, which is why I even contributed. The site went overboard with the ”this beats this and this beats that” but at least there’s something there.

Back