Conor is the 1st two weight champ only...

Chanman1984

liberalism is a mental disorder
@White
Reaction score
He's the 1st 2 weight champ because he was gifted a title shot. imagine in the history of the ufc if every champ got an immediate title shot in the weight class above them. there would have been others 2 weight champs. plus hes only a champ fighting 10 lbs apart from each division. bj penn being a natural featherweight, winning the welterweight title is far more impressive to me. Flame on mcnuthuggers

Everybody knows he is favored. Randy Coutore also got a million title shots. Cain Velazquez, etc...
That is how the UFC is.
Conor played his cards right, became popular and made history. Congrats to him.

Oh I didn't have in mind, that there are just 10 lbs between normal Conor and McSkeleton.

this is true, Conor is Ronda 2.0, extremely overhyped
Except he's proven he's legit time and time again.

You haters are fucking losers tbh. Too bad there are more of you on Sherdog than ever before.

Much worse than the nuthuggers.

This is true.

The solution for a smart MMA fan is to not worry about belts and discrete accomplishments (much), but simply look at the names on the record, the quality of those fighters when they fought them, and wins/losses/quantity of fights when evaluating legacies.

He's the 1st 2 weight champ because he was gifted a title shot. imagine in the history of the ufc if every champ got an immediate title shot in the weight class above them. there would have been others 2 weight champs. plus hes only a champ fighting 10 lbs apart from each division. bj penn being a natural featherweight, winning the welterweight title is far more impressive to me. Flame on mcnuthuggers

Gifted a title shot or not, you still have to beat the champion. RIGHT???

he was not gifted a title shot

he had to break 1 million PPV's sold a couple times

when someone else does that, you better believe they will get a title shot

shhh people don't like the truth they will just ignore it and say but but but he make soo much money????

Dan-Henderson-Belts.jpg

Let's see how many do it now in USADA Era .

You will be waiting a while

OP is right. Connie had to beat two champions for the belt and that's impressive on its own but if challenging the champion of another weight class was actually a regular thing and not, in this case, a marketing ploy there would have been many more dual (or triple) belt holders by now.

Dan Henderson was the first 2 weight champ, followed by David Branch.

Gifted a title shot or not, you still have to beat the champion. RIGHT???

lol that's the wrong mindset.

Anyone can beat anyone on any given night. That's why you must earn a title shot.

McGregor had 0 fights at LW in the UFC. Enough said.

lol that's the wrong mindset.

Anyone can beat anyone on any given night. That's why you must earn a title shot.

McGregor had 0 fights at LW in the UFC. Enough said.

True...But when you take a current champion, it's not unheard of for that champion to get an immediate shot at the title, a weight class up...And conor didn't beat Eddie by luck or a lucky fluke punch.

Dan Henderson was the first 2 weight champ, followed by David Branch.

Dan henderson doesn't count. He's 0-2 in ufc title shots...he has no titles...He was a big fish in a little pond...when he moved to a bigger pond, he got crushed....

Back