Conor is being used to assassinate Khabib's biggest threat and perfectly set up mega money rematch

<Lmaoo> now is the referee <Moves>
You think Dean wouldn't have stopped the fight right here?

1BQsaIl.png

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/poirier-would-be-champion-with-herb-dean.4013239/

I rewatched Gaethje vs Johnson last night and I must say that Gaethje's striking has gotten a ton better, he really learned from his two losses.

I would not complain if Gaethje vs Conor gets made, it'll be a fun fight. I even like Gaethje's chances; yeah he's gonna get hurt, but Michael Johnson hits far harder and he overcame that plus his striking has gotten so much better since then. Gaethje never overextended himself the way Alvarez does. And we all know if Conor doesn't starch him within the first two rounds, it'll be a long painful night for Conor.
It's incredible (without sounding to hyperbolistic). He told us all that he's going to quit eating 2 for every 1 he throws, he told us that he learned from those 2 losses....and then he went out and showed us exactly what he told us he's been working on.

Eventually a Poirier rematch would be very interesting.

Conor is vastly overrated, HOWEVER...Gaethje striking is so raw and unrefined, on the feet he very easily could get KO'd, and I'd expect he would. If he doesn't wrestle Mcgregor, he deserves to lose, his striking is quite horrible (wide hooks, completely open etc) but he's sort of like dan henderson in that he loves KOs.

Gaethje will walk through Conor if they ever fight...I bet Conor fights cowboy or Edgar before he fights a fighter like tferg or gaethje and claim he's just doing numbers....Conor is running out of winnable fights lol

Conor needs to rematch the old guy in the pub. I wasn’t convinced with his first performance.

Conor isn't beating Gaethje and Gaethje isn't beating Khabib.
Conor needs an easy fight against someone who won't take him down.

How is the company pushing for Conor vs Gaethje? I don’t see that at all.

Of course not, if your reference is Askren-Lawler, there is nothing even remotely similar in the fights, but , if that make you happy, Khabib arms went down like a dead man and he stopped moving ;)
Dean would've stopped it.

Conor is the worst matchup for Gaethje on this planet, a truly elite precision striker that without the threat of the takedown is simply on a different level than any other MMA fighter we've ever seen, as evidenced by him making a mockery of the standup of such great strikers as Jose Aldo, Max Holloway, and Nate Diaz in the rematch (Conor lopsidedly beat on his head the first two rounds until he got tired).

JG on the other hand is the nightmare matchup for Khabib, the guy that literally can never be allowed to fight a D1 all-american. The UFC and Abdulmanap will simply not have it. This is being set up perfectly for Conor to destroy JG and eliminate this growing threat. There is absolutely no reason JG wouldn't simply wait for a title shot against the winner of Khabib vs Ferguson (IF Tony accepts Dana's offer, of course...another creepy talking point and different matter altogether), yet all of a sudden out of nowhere there was a clear agenda to push for this fight by the company immediately after JG beat Cowboy.

Conor doesn't want anything to do with Gaethje, and I don't think Conor would be able to handle his pressure.

There's not one single thing to indicate Conor has evolved as a fighter over the years of inactivity. Conor will gas and Gaethje will get stronger the longer that fight goes.

Conor is done. He couldn’t even hurt an old man with a cheap shot. Justin would eat him for breakfast. Get over it already.

They should book it, it would be epic

Khabib vs Tony title fight

Conor vs Justin interim title fight

Everyone wins

Conor has legit striking. But he also has legit drug problems. Not a good combination.

CONOR ISNT COMING BACK...GET OVER IT

And if he does, he's not beating anyone in the top 5

Ummm...he already has beaten Poirier pretty soundly and that wont change as he is a better striker. He would KO Cerrone and likely Justin as well....the only two fights in the top 10 that are problems for him are obviously Khabib and Tony...and the latter only because he can go into Zombie mode when hurt and out cardio everyone.

Sorry man I get the hate and you may be right about him never returning...but do not stretch too far as he is still one of the best...

a truly elite precision striker that without the threat of the takedown is simply on a different level than any other MMA fighter we've ever seen, as evidenced by him making a mockery of the standup of such great strikers as Jose Aldo, Max Holloway, and Nate Diaz in the rematch (Conor lopsidedly beat on his head the first two rounds until he got tired).
You mean 21 year old Max? Nate "Cabo" Diaz? I'll give you the Jose win, but he's absolutely not on a different level than any other MMA fighter we've ever seen haha. Gaethje would chew his leg to pieces( Conor's stance is very susceptible to low kicks), Alverez dropped him to a knee in the opening exchange of their fight. I'll take Dustin's grit over Conor's, Dustin was on the verge of calling it quits after Gaethje destroyed his legs. Conor would have to KO him in the First, Conor has also never had a finish past round 2. Inactive flat footed 2019 Conor should not be the favorite, it's a trap and he would be in for the fight of his life. Conor's power at 155lbs is still unproven, it took the kitchen sink and holy grail of counter punches to put Eddie down.

Conor has even publicly stated he knows when to mail it in, if it goes past 1 you really think he's gonna be able to withstand those kicks? Conor doesn't have the grit or cardio to do what Dustin and Eddie did, this is a bad fight for Conor imo. It's a complete trap, if he can't get the KO early(which will be extremely tough coming off these long layoffs), he's in for a loooooooooong night.

If Conor's a big favorite, I've got Gaethje by round 3 TKO.

Last edited:
Ummm...he already has beaten Poirier pretty soundly and that wont change as he is a better striker. He would KO Cerrone and likely Justin as well....the only two fights in the top 10 that are problems for him are obviously Khabib and Tony...and the latter only because he can go into Zombie mode when hurt and out cardio everyone.

Sorry man I get the hate and you may be right about him never returning...but do not stretch too far as he is still one of the best...

Lol..dustin at 145 maybe..155 is completely different..poirer did more damage to khabib than conor did in his 3 round defeat then conor did in his 4 round defeat..

Cerrone isnt top 5..and is a tough out for conor if cerrone can take him down. Stand out would be interesting but id give the advantage to conor

Justin would brutalize Conor..especially cuz conor uses that wide legged karate stance..justin would beat up that lead leg then ko him with a big right hand..conors only hope would be to catch justin the first 2 exchanges after that hes in trouble in my opinion..which is possible but unlikely

Back