Conor is a Massive FW and a Very Large LW

So? Do you realize that Conor is a two division champ at weight classes smaller than his natural weight, and has never defended any of his titles?
Almost no fighter outside of HW fights at their natural weight. Even Edgar cut a few lbs to fight at LW.

What a silly point to try and make.

Conor is huge in FW and good for a LW, his reach is unbelievable for his height

TS just discovered pics.

145343900-strikeforce-middleweight-champion-luke-gettyimages.jpg

Which of these guys is a former UFC HW champ?

Jon+Jones+Carlos+Condit+UFC+Fox+Live+Heavyweight+KJhsoYRxkKVl.jpg

Hey, look. Carlos Condit should be a fucking LHW!

It doesn't make him the bohemoth that Dana and Connor are trying to make him out to be.

The guy, by his own admission, is still a really big LW and doesn't even like making that weight. People are going too far in the other direction IMO.

It is so obvious to anyone who isn't blinded by fandom. McGregor has mostly fought at Featherweight, yet, if the guy actually fought Anderson Silva, Silva would only have a 3 inch reach advantage.

He is a good-sized welterweight.

Conor-Mcgregor-and-GSP1-e1411937238170.png

ByQoD_6IAAAyw5W.jpg
Oh great another idiot starts a thread..

He's as tall and long as some welterweights but he would get dwarfed by someone like Woodley. Woodley is built like a tank. Conor would look like a twig by comparison.
Woodley-McGregor.png

He's around the same size as Woodley, a bit taller but with a bit less bulk around the mid section. Certainly not a twig in comparison. Woodley is a small welterweight though, but being small for the weight class rarely stops fighters from winning championships if they have the right skills.

The guy, by his own admission, is still a really big LW and doesn't even like making that weight. People are going too far in the other direction IMO.
Still doesn't make him the Goliath that Conor and Dana are painting him to be. Agree with you regarding the extreme lengths we are taking this , as the fans

I question your premise. I've read Conor walks around right at 170lbs. That's just about right for LW imo, and undersized for WW. Heck, Nate makes a small welterweight and everyone talks about how he dwarfs Conor.
Conor weighs in at 168 for Welterweight fights.

Woodley-McGregor.png

He's around the same size as Woodley, a bit taller but with a bit less bulk around the mid section. Certainly not a twig in comparison. Woodley is a small welterweight though, but being small for the weight class rarely stops fighters from winning championships if they have the right skills.
Woodley says the day after 170 weigh ins he's over 190.

Uh-huh. I guess you're right. I mean, look at how badly GSP dwarfs Conor, and many consider him a huge WW. lol.

The people who considered GSP to be a big WW are idiots.

Conor would get dwarfed at WW

Cool pics, bro. Even a deflated FW Conor is still as big as walk-around-weight Khabib.

Are your eyes working at all bro? Nate is slightly over 6 foot tall and Conor is 5'9 yet you call them the same size. Here Khabib is clearly bigger and thicker than Conor and you call them the same size. Baffling...

So? Do you realize that Conor is a two division champ at weight classes smaller than his natural weight, and has never defended any of his titles?

Truth with modification.

First, yeah I'm all for that he should've defended the FW instead of going against Diaz. But I actually think the fight with Aldo was a little bit of a defense just because he was the interim champ at the time. If he lost against Aldo he would also have lost his interim title.

It is so obvious to anyone who isn't blinded by fandom. McGregor has mostly fought at Featherweight, yet, if the guy actually fought Anderson Silva, Silva would only have a 3 inch reach advantage.

He is a good-sized welterweight.

Conor-Mcgregor-and-GSP1-e1411937238170.png

ByQoD_6IAAAyw5W.jpg
Perspective can be deceiving in pictures sometimes but he does look pretty big next to GSP.
He has on some funky ass shorts, '88 style.

Look at that! Fights a guy his size twice, gets rocked and choked out. Then comes back and can't even win a UD.

Weird. I thought he was good, or something. Or is that when he isn't beating glorified midgets?

Conor bless. LEL

Conor is huge for being a FW, moved up and lost to the first guy he fought that his size. Its okay though. Jones did the same thing against Gus.

Some people are just great fighters when they fight smaller people.
"his size" lol

You're fair and unbiased.

Back