Conor is a kept / protected fighter

This is exactly correct. Way too many people complain about Conor without surveying the remainder of the "elite" in the division.

Just look at Mendes' recent streak that earned him a title shot; it is composed of incredibly weak competition and lesser fighters than those in Conor's streak.

Mendes definitely was protected. Swanson is elite even if he has one giant hole in his game.

Zuffa is just milking the crap of Conor
They will make a shitload of money feeding Conor to Aldo

Ronda is the most protected

Lol, what?

She took on Tate (after Zingano Injury), McMann, and Davis. She's about to fight Zingano.

How is that protection? Oh you mean because she's not going up a weightclass? Yeah, Aldo is super protected too then. Where you at 155-Aldo?

The same guys complaining about fighters being protected, will also bitch their bitchy faces off about rematches.

Don't want to see Aldo-Mendes VI ? Don't bitch about contenders being built up then.

The Mendes fight is the one the Conor fans most dread
It's coming my friend

I think Mendes is an easy fight for Conor. Edgar is, without question, a more difficult matchup for Conor.

Jones is the true ZUFFA protected fighter, Conor is the new office favorite at ZUFFA.

The Mendes fight is the one the Conor fans most dread

You're delusional if you think that. Mendes is the fight most McGregor fans really want after Aldo. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing the "wrestler" getting knocked off, which happens all the time. It was especially satisfying in the Jones/Cormier fight.

It sucks to have these guys who aren't proper martial artists talking up achievements from their schooldays. I can't wait for McGregor/Mendes if Mcgregor stays in the division, it will be like boy vs man.

Ronda is the most protected

Protected from who?

A steroid cheat who admitted Ronda was fighting her in SF if she did not get caught abusing steroids, who later ran away from Ronda and asked the UFC to release her?

You're delusional if you think that. Mendes is the fight most McGregor fans really want after Aldo. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing the "wrestler" getting knocked off, which happens all the time. It was especially satisfying in the Jones/Cormier fight.

It sucks to have these guys who aren't proper martial artists talking up achievements from their schooldays. I can't wait for McGregor/Mendes if Mcgregor stays in the division, it will be like boy vs man.

Agreed. Mendes' cardio isn't worrisome and his size is an incredibly large disadvantage for him against someone like Conor. Conor via TKO within 2 rounds.

Surely you don't actually think Jones is protected. Right?

Violation of Fighter Conduct Policy while being Champion and the male face of Zuffa, and only received a slap on the wrist? Yeah, your answer is in your sarcastic question little homie.

Violation of Fighter Conduct Policy while being Champion and the male face of Zuffa, and only received a slap on the wrist? Yeah, your answer is in your sarcastic question little homie.

I thought, since the discussion pertained to relative matchups, you were referring to something else (meaningful).

Do you really think Siver has a (decent) chance tomorrow? If so, on what is that based?

Unlike Conor, I do get tired of talking smack...

Click on "Search" and you'll find several reasons why many here believe Siver can be victorious tomorrow night.

Wouldn't say he's the most protected ever, but he is protected.

His best win is over Poirier, a guy that has never beaten an elite fighter in his life.

Grispi anyone? The very night Poirier beat Grispi, Josh was supposed to fight Aldo for the title, until an injury forced Aldo off the card.

Unlike Conor, I do get tired of talking smack...

Click on "Search" and you'll find several reasons why many here believe Siver can be victorious tomorrow night.

Unfortunately, for you and Siver, this is a nightmare matchup for him and available data indicate an easy win for McGregor. Can Siver win? Sure, but the odds are very low.

Back