Conor is a kept / protected fighter

Magic Swag

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Conor is the most protected fighter in the history of the sport. He's a good fighter, don't get me wrong, but he's been kept from fierce competetion and bad matchups in unprecedented fashion. He will be utterly thrashed by Jose Aldo. It's good business, but let's call it what it is.

Fan or not, does anyone actually disagree with this assessment?

yes..... yes I do

Why would you name yourself ''Magic Swag''?

Protected? Absolutely.

An Aldo fight? I don't know. Aldo is an amazing fighter, but Conor is huge for featherweight. He's a terrified lightweight, but he still has reach, power, and great MMA boxing. Aldo was eating left hooks by Mendes, and Conor is great with his left. He doesn't have the wrestling to set it up, but still if he can land a hard punch in the early rounds even an iron chin like Aldo's could get cracked. If it makes it past the second, McGregor falls apart at the seams, IMO.

The fact that he was given favorable match ups doesn't mean he sucks. He starched the #5 guy in the world.

He's a terrified lightweight

I think it's not fear, rather part of his long term plan. He wants to be at least a 2 division title holder, so he's fighting at featherweight now and then will go for lightweight belt (if he gets FW belt that is).

Protected? Absolutely.

An Aldo fight? I don't know. Aldo is an amazing fighter, but Conor is huge for featherweight. He's a terrified lightweight, but he still has reach, power, and great MMA boxing. Aldo was eating left hooks by Mendes, and Conor is great with his left. He doesn't have the wrestling to set it up, but still if he can land a hard punch in the early rounds even an iron chin like Aldo's could get cracked. If it makes it past the second, McGregor falls apart at the seams, IMO.

200.gif

What a silly commentary. Conor has faced several dangerous fighters. Don't be absurd.

Before the fight

"finally, Dustin Poirer is legit and is gonna put a stop to the hype"

after the fight

"The ufc are protecting Conor, they keep feeding him cans"

He's had favorable matchups, there's no denying that. I still think he's legit though, he's a special talent

Before the fight

"finally, Dustin Poirer is legit and is gonna put a stop to the hype"

after the fight

"The ufc are protecting Conor, they keep feeding him cans"

If anyone thought Dustin had a chance, I have to question if they understand what they're watching. That was an easy matchup for him.

I think Conor is legit but Dustin served his role

Conor is the most protected fighter in the history of the sport. He's a good fighter, don't get me wrong, but he's been kept from fierce competetion and bad matchups in unprecedented fashion. He will be utterly thrashed by Jose Aldo. It's good business, but let's call it what it is.

Fan or not, does anyone actually disagree with this assessment?

Your conspiracy can be obliterated by anyone who has the patience to write in the detail the timing of Conors reign.. Not to say he isn't a protected asset in other ways but now how you imagine.. And in time it will be proven..

Protected? Absolutely.

Terrified? If only you really knew how much he cannot wait to fight at his natural lightweight.

I think it's not fear, rather part of his long term plan. He wants to be at least a 2 division title holder, so he's fighting at featherweight now and then will go for lightweight belt (if he gets FW belt that is).

Exactly this..

He's being protected.... from the champ.

Who is this guy being protected from if the only fight worth mentioning to you is the Aldo fight?

Anyone remember Rashad's and Forrest's first 7 fights?

He'll have no choice but to face better competition at some point. (Assuming he beats Siver).

These things always sort themselves out at some point regardless of Conor being "protected" or not.

He'll have no choice but to face better competition at some point. (Assuming he beats Siver).

These things always sort themselves out at some point regardless of Conor being "protected" or not.

Well he's fighting Aldo next if he wins this, so by rankings that is the best possible competition he can be facing.

I'm sure he'll get a wrestler the fight after that, whether he is holding the belt or not. *Unless they screw us over with another rematch.

Wasteland? TS, you don't have to like Connor but don't let your hatred blind you to the fact that he is a very talented fighter. Is he as great as he says? We'll see. But he ain't no tin can with a mouth either. He is clearly much more than that.

Back