Conor in his last fight

The Conor that got besmirched by Khabib was peak Conor. Cardio and TDD surprisingly held up to a reasonable degree against Khabib, survived that 2nd round mauling, eventually made it to the 4th round
McGregor was permitted to commit at least 19 fouls in that fight.

Score.jpg

If you only have enough gas for 5 minutes, then you shouldn't be in the sport of mma.

You're supposed to be able to go 25 minutes.

I think the threat of the takedown will always limit the variety of his striking. I don't think we'll ever see him fight like how he used to.
No the threat of the take down was always there in all his fights even when he used his wide karate style bladed stance. He has better TDD and defensive grappling than people realize. Not many will be able to ground him and keep him grounded while he's fresh. Took Khabib 2 rounds before he was able to ground him and get to work when he usually does it first takedown attempt. People look at Conor's grappling when he's tired and judge his grappling from those moments. His cardio/conditioning is the issue, his striking also looks bad when he's that tired and it isn't only his grappling that suffers.

Also the version of Conor that fought Dustin in the rematch is not the best version of Conor in terms of fighting style, sharpness, timing, speed, and movement. That version of Conor will lose more fights than he wins.

No the threat of the take down was always there in all his fights even when he used his wide karate style bladed stance. He has better TDD and defensive grappling than people realize. Not many will be able to ground him and keep him grounded while he's fresh. Took Khabib 2 rounds before he was able to ground him and get to work when he usually does it first takedown attempt. People look at Conor's grappling when he's tired and judge his grappling from those moments. His cardio/conditioning is the issue, his striking also looks bad when he's that tired and it isn't only his grappling that suffers.

Also the version of Conor that fought Dustin in the rematch is not the best version of Conor in terms of fighting style, sharpness, timing, speed, and movement. That version of Conor will lose more fights than he wins.
I agree with everything you are saying but I still think after the losses to Diaz and Khabib, he's more aware of the threat of the takedown. Just my feeling because I don't know what Conor thinks. Also, I don't think even the younger Connor had the cardio to survive the barrage of strikes that Dustin threw to win.

Dustin figured him out at some point and conor was tired...same thing happened with nate but nate has not the power to finish him, dustin has enough power..conor need to mix it up a bit more to not get tired and avoid useless uppercuts or spinning shit

I agree with everything you are saying but I still think after the losses to Diaz and Khabib, he's more aware of the threat of the takedown. Just my feeling because I don't know what Conor thinks. Also, I don't think even the younger Connor had the cardio to survive the barrage of strikes that Dustin threw to win.
Khabib would be one of the few fighters that can ground him early, not everyone has the grappling ability of Khabib. Diaz fight the grappling sequence happened when he was tired and rocked, he panic wrestled and Nate out grappled him in those exchanges and finished him. Dustin tried to ground Conor in the first round and Conor got up easily. When he's fresh he's hard to ground and control. It's always going to be his cardio that dictates what happens in the grappling exchanges and how well he will be able to defend.

Khabib would be one of the few fighters that can ground him early, not everyone has the grappling ability of Khabib. Diaz fight the grappling sequence happened when he was tired and rocked, he panic wrestled and Nate out grappled him in those exchanges and finished him. Dustin tried to ground Conor in the first round and Conor got up easily. When he's fresh he's hard to ground and control. It's always going to be his cardio that dictates what happens in the grappling exchanges and how well he will be able to defend.
I agree with you. I'm not saying Conor has a weak takedown defence.

Better everywhere? I don't think so.

conor is better at cheating on his girlfriend

dustin is better in ground game, better in striking, better in cardio, better in heart and endurance, better chin, better confidence
maybe you think conor is a better boxer but this is MMA and we already saw what happens to plodding boxers when they eat calf kicks

I liked his panic attack on the ground after getting TKO'ed for the first time.

conor is better at cheating on his girlfriend

dustin is better in ground game, better in striking, better in cardio, better in heart and endurance, better chin, better confidence
maybe you think conor is a better boxer but this is MMA and we already saw what happens to plodding boxers when they eat calf kicks
You sound bitter.

Back