Conor in his last fight

3rdAccount

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thought Conor looked better than ever? I thought he looked more polished in his movements and more in control of the octagon. Yes, he did lose but I thought he was a better fighter in the rematch than he was in the first one. And I'm very much looking forward to his fight next month.

His jab looked pretty good, but he was definitely missing the variety in his strikes. He mainly cleaned up his boxing and forgot the rest.
His chin was never godtier at LW, but he was getting stunned often that night. Probably ring rust.

I still think that version of Dustin(UFC 257) gives major issues to any version of Conor.

His jab looked pretty good, but he was definitely missing the variety in his strikes. He mainly cleaned up his boxing and forgot the rest.
His chin was never godtier at LW, but he was getting stunned often that night. Probably ring rust.

I still think that version of Dustin(UFC 257) gives major issues to any version of Conor.
I think the threat of the takedown will always limit the variety of his striking. I don't think we'll ever see him fight like how he used to.

Nah. He was heavy on his feet which lead to his leg getting trashed by Dustin.

I think the threat of the takedown will always limit the variety of his striking. I don't think we'll ever see him fight like how he used to.
True. Conor was pressuring Dustin right away and he got taken down for it. The takedown looked surprising to him, very odd reaction to it. He did ok afterwards, but Dustin started taking over and eventually got the KO.

Not better than ever, his style was way too Boxing focused

That being said he performed a hell of a lot better than most people remember, I'm still not picking him against Dustin, but it isn't an easy prediction. I could see it going either way

The Conor that got besmirched by Khabib was peak Conor. Cardio and TDD surprisingly held up to a reasonable degree against Khabib, survived that 2nd round mauling, eventually made it to the 4th round

True. Conor was pressuring Dustin right away and he got taken down for it. The takedown looked surprising to him, very odd reaction to it. He did ok afterwards, but Dustin started taking over and eventually got the KO.
Conor got right back up and got the better of the clinch without expending as much energy as Dustin, and it's not like the fight went downhill from there. He went on to win the rest of the round, he really started to get pieced up when the leg damage caught up to him.

Not better than ever, his style was way too Boxing focused

That being said he performed a hell of a lot better than most people remember, I'm still not picking him against Dustin, but it isn't an easy prediction. I could see it going either way
To be honest, I thought Conor was going to get it done within the first round while watching it live.

To be honest, I thought Conor was going to get it done within the first round while watching it live.
Yeah I feel like most people felt like that

A lot of people need to rewatch that fight with an objective eye, I misremembered how well Conor did in the first round like many

That’s my point. He was much lighter on his feet in the first fight which is why he didn’t lose and get finished.
Yeah all the Boxing was clearly a bad idea, Conor immediately recognized that as a problem afterwards

I feel like I defend Conor a lot because some people are sooo against him, but he was truly foolish thinking he was so good he could be an elite Boxer, and MMA fighter at the same time

That’s my point. He was much lighter on his feet in the first fight which is why he didn’t lose and get finished.
What I meant was, Conor was vulnerable to leg kicks in his first fight too. I'm not denying what you are saying, I just think Poirier fought a better fight than he did the first time.

Conor got right back up and got the better of the clinch without expending as much energy as Dustin, and it's not like the fight went downhill from there. He went on to win the rest of the round, he really started to get pieced up when the leg damage caught up to him.
Yeah he did well, Conor usually pressures in his fights. Not to that extent though, he paid for it because it got him taken down. I never thought Conor had any cardio issue this fight, he only started to slow down because of the kicks and the counters from Dustin caused him trouble.
He won the round, but it was close.

yes he looked particularly good while he was getting his arse kicked

Back