Conor "In Best Shape" Now About 160 lbs

If Conor is light for the fight should Cowboy change his game plan?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"Conor has fought twice at 170," Dana White told TMZ Sports. "He's got a win and a loss. Cowboy . . . fought at 170 many times, is comfortable at 170. Conor McGregor will probably weigh in at 169 or 168 or somewhere around there. It's even hard for Conor to hit 170 - so very interesting fight between two of the baddest in the business to ever do it."

It comes after McGregor himself told ESPN he is way off the 170lb welterweight cut off.

“I’m underweight right now. I’m underweight. I’d say 160lbs and a bit. I know I could have [made Cerrone cut down to lightweight]. But I just don’t think he looks well at 155lbs. He does not look well at 155lbs. He’s a 170lb fighter. Why would I want someone to suffer?"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/mma/10726480/mcgregor-weight-cerrone-ufc-dana-white/

Here we go, Baldfather will make 160 division so Conor can be champ.

Cowboy melts under the spotlight. This time will be no different.

“I’m underweight right now. I’m underweight. I’d say 160lbs and a bit. I know I could have [made Cerrone cut down to lightweight]. But I just don’t think he looks well at 155lbs. He does not look well at 155lbs. He’s a 170lb fighter. Why would I want someone to suffer?
Good guy Conor.
<LikeReally5>

Lol if you believe he's actually 160lbs. More likely he's at 170-180

If he’s 160 7 days out he’s in trouble

So his new shtick is to fight bigger journeymen with over 10 losses instead of midgets

Why not fight Gaethje, or Ferguson in your weight class if you want to challenge yourself?

Cowboy couldn't last 52 seconds with Gaethje.

No ways he weighs under 170 right now

He was walking around at close to 180 when he was fighting at FW (his own words)

Built in excuse I think

He should be 160lbs. Conor cutting to WW is not good at all for him. Too much mass and hurts his already terrible cardio. Conor coming in at 160ish makes me think he's got a much better chance here.

"...and a bit."

That's the part everyone is missing. He is trying to trick Cowboy into preparing for a guy coming in 10 pounds lighter.

It's obvious conor isnt a natural welter. He had to stuff his face to come close to the limit that most guys are cutting 20 lbs of water to try and make.
If he weighs under 170 he is a lightweight by today's standards plain and simple.
165 would help out a lot of guys though

If true Conor will be gaining weight for fight week..? So Conor is closer to 155 than 170 but in order to protect his status at 155 we get a false fight @170, Is there no end to catering to Conor.

Cut down from 180 or something for his Nate Diaz bouts, now says he is a little over 160.

Conor might be a lying sociopath like Jon Jones unfortunately.

I think the 160 current weight is just nonsense being fed to the media. My prediction is that McGregor will weigh-in somewhere between 168 - 171 (one extra pound for non-title fights). I've read that his typical walking around weight is around 175 - 180. So WW is a very easy weight cut for McGregor which is why the fight is at WW rather than LW since there is no belt on the line.

Cowboys game plan should remain the same regardless of what weight Conor comes in his fighting style of high forward pressure doesn't change at 155 or 170 so Cowboy's game plan should not change either as the bigger man.

Conor is not a 170 pound fighter so he might as well stay comfortable. Its not going to help him gaining weight.

Still, this match at WW favors Cowboy, he does much better at WW. At LW it would favor Conor.

Say what you will about Conor being "light" but packing on weight when you eventually plan on fighting for the 155 lbs strap isn't all that smart.

Just ask heavyweight Roy Jones Jr.
boxing-wba-heavyweight-title-roy-jones-jr-in-action-vs-john-ruiz-at-picture-id81341592

Back