Conor have a better UFC career than Khabib

Finishing 7 of 13 is a good record.
After the 2 year layoff he finished 5/7 opponents. That's 71,4%

UFC 229 was the biggest fight and the pressure was bigger on Khabib than conrat.

UFC 242 was the first time with his dad in the corner and headlining in a Muslim country. Plus this was after a year long layoff because of suspensions.

In this is laid out clear the pressure Khabib had for UFC 242

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ssure-to-perform-like-that-is-unreal.4011597/

UFC 254:
His Father passed just 3 months ago. His family and friends fights fell out. He broke his toes and had the mumps. He was hiding he was retiring.

All this and he was facing what some called his BIGGEST challenge ever in a savage called Justin Gaethje!

Khabib last three fights were the most pressured fights EVER!
No fighter faced so much pressure in just 3 fights!
"Finishing 7 of 13 is a good record"? So you're now backtracking on your assertion that Khabib is a great finisher?

I'll backtrack you one more. 7 of 13 isn't even a good record. It's below average. And that's an average that includes lower weight classes, and women's weight classes. Take them out, and Khabib is significantly below average. He's neither a great nor a good finisher.

Now, it is true that his record since his layoff is better. However, let's pay attention to detail to his opponents. Darrell Horcher, went 1-3 in the UFC and was finished faster by Roosevelt Roberts. Michael Johnson, who's been on an awful run, and has been finished 4 times since Khabib did, 3 of whom did it faster than Khabib did. Couldn't finish Barboza, like Lee and Gaethje did. Couldn't finish Iaquinta, and chose to play it safe by jabbing him. McGregor, Poirier, and Gaethje are three of the most exciting fighters of all time. They put themselves out there every time, and are the reason those fights were exciting. That Khabib finished them has more to do with them than it does Khabib.

You lose credibility if you can't even control your anger enough to not type the word "conrat".

Khabib has faced pressure, I'm not denying that. But compare it to what Conor's faced. The pressure for UFC 189 and 194 were ridiculous and beyond anything else we've seen in terms of fighters facing pressure.

Man, you made my day. So you say 10-2 is better than 13-0. Overall 29-0 vs 24-2. By the way Khabib beat Conor. You are a funny guy, do you have a stand-up show somewhere? I would watch you 24/7

conor took this dying sport to another level and changed it forever.
khabob just took his money and left.

You don't have to be close to people when you know his father is in the hospital

Are you serious?
Knowing that someone's dad is in the hospital and don't know if they are close?
You don't have to be close to them to understand a father son relationship.
you don't have to be close to understand that a family member in life danger has a big impact on the family.
Someone that doesn't understand this or needs to be close to feel this is not a human being or a piece of ....
I'm talking about Conor's psychology. This requires empathy. By choosing not to pay attention to detail and consider Conor's perspective with nuance, you're demonstrating exactly what you're claiming is bad about Conor. Conor wasn't exposed to the real issues facing Khabib and his father. He'd seen the headlines. That's just text on websites. Thus, he wasn't exposed to the reality of the situation, nor was he provided with the validity of the information; we didn't know the truth of the situation at the time that was tweeted. Conor's since deleted that tweet, and sent condolences to Khabib for the loss of his father. Reminder: I'm not saying Conor's tweet was the right thing, but you're reaching and exaggerating to make the claim that Conor must be a piece of shit for tweeting it. Pay attention to detail and be honest.

Conor is currently at #2 in GOAT list. Khabib is not even in top 5.

"The array of finishes, across 2 divisions, with champion status in 1, Anderson Silva is No.1 MMA GOAT," said McGregor.

McGregor, who has a 22-4 record in MMA, claims his "champion status" in two UFC divisions - featherweight and lightweight - is enough to secure him second place behind former middleweight champion Silva.

"My array of finishes, across 3 divisions, with champion status in 2, I'm No.2. If not tied one.

McGregor's top four is rounded out by former middleweight and welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and current light heavyweight belt-holder Jon Jones.

He added that had he taken into account failed drugs tests while determining his rankings, he would have installed himself at the top.

Silva and Jones have both tested positive for banned substances during their career.

"I didn't mention PED results on multiple entrants, even though that makes me the clear current No.1 MMA GOAT, along with still being active," said McGregor.

"Although it shames, as well as puts all runs and finishes in complete doubt, I've snored multiple juice heads. A true GOAT must do it all."

Source: https://www.bbc.com/sport/mixed-martial-arts/52784942
Even more load hargling bullshit Goat no. 2 according to him... and thats it..
Kerp on swallowing dude

Man, you made my day. So you say 10-2 is better than 13-0. Overall 29-0 vs 24-2. By the way Khabib beat Conor. You are a funny guy, do you have a stand-up show somewhere? I would watch you 24/7
Chill, man. Don't let this get to you. I'm not trying to patronise. It's just a guy on a message board.

In response to your post: No, he doesn't say 10-2 is better than 13-0. He doesn't say 24-2 is better than 29-0. He did say Khabib beat Conor, so you've added nothing by mentioning it.

"Finishing 7 of 13 is a good record"? So you're now backtracking on your assertion that Khabib is a great finisher?

I'll backtrack you one more. 7 of 13 isn't even a good record. It's below average. And that's an average that includes lower weight classes, and women's weight classes. Take them out, and Khabib is significantly below average. He's neither a great nor a good finisher.

Now, it is true that his record since his layoff is better. However, let's pay attention to detail to his opponents. Darrell Horcher, went 1-3 in the UFC and was finished faster by Roosevelt Roberts. Michael Johnson, who's been on an awful run, and has been finished 4 times since Khabib did, 3 of whom did it faster than Khabib did. Couldn't finish Barboza, like Lee and Gaethje did. Couldn't finish Iaquinta, and chose to play it safe by jabbing him. McGregor, Poirier, and Gaethje are three of the most exciting fighters of all time. They put themselves out there every time, and are the reason those fights were exciting. That Khabib finished them has more to do with them than it does Khabib.

You lose credibility if you can't even control your anger enough to not type the word "conrat".

Khabib has faced pressure, I'm not denying that. But compare it to what Conor's faced. The pressure for UFC 189 and 194 were ridiculous and beyond anything else we've seen in terms of fighters facing pressure.
Pressure for UFC 254 >>> all pressure every fighter ever faced

And I won't comprise on that.

Layoff Khabib is a finisher. 5/7 is a good record. Nobody subbed Gaethje ever and Poirier hadn't been subbed in a long time. Last time was at FW against TKZ.

He could have finished Al and Barboza. But Khabib wanted octagon time in the edson fight because he came from a long layoff.

Al was his first 5 round fight and he wanted to feel all 5 rounds. Plus Al is hard to finish.

Saying conrat is not out of hate or rage but because it's fun. Same for sayin kebob and other names for Khabib

Sporting wise, Khabib has the greater legacy. His win streak is 13-0 over 8 years and he retired undefeated and as champion. He dominanted every fight (Tibau was competitive but it was scored x3 30-27s).

McGregor was a simultaneous 2 weight champ (the 1st too) but a lot of his opponents have been handpicked to suit his fighting style and he's received the biggest push we've ever seen by the UFC. In fact, outside of his title fights, he doesn't have any top ranked wins (and Mendes was a late replacement). Max was quite young, Poirier was not the same fighter at FW and Cerrone was past his sell by date. Conversely his loss to Diaz wasn't particularly avenged. He won a hard fought decision (McGregor clearly won IMO, but it was fiercely competitive) but it was in no way emphatic. He looked human, while Khabib has always looked peerless

Sporting wise, Khabib has the greater legacy. His win streak is 13-0 over 8 years and he retired undefeated and as champion. He dominanted every fight (Tibau was competitive but it was scored x3 30-27s).

McGregor was a simultaneous 2 weight champ (the 1st too) but a lot of his opponents have been handpicked to suit his fighting style and he's received the biggest push we've ever seen by the UFC. In fact, outside of his title fights, he doesn't have any top ranked wins (and Mendes was a late replacement). Max was quite young, Poirier was not the same fighter at FW and Cerrone was past his sell by date. Conversely his loss to Diaz wasn't particularly avenged. He won a hard fought decision (McGregor clearly won IMO, but it was fiercely competitive) but it was in no way emphatic. He looked human, while Khabib has always looked peerless
I'm not arguing that Conor has the greater legacy in terms of sport, though I think it's close. I want to respond to your second paragraph, because you can say a lot of the same things about Khabib...

Khabib hasn't always looked peerless. You even mentioned the Tibau fight. True, Conor didn't emphatically avenge the Nate loss. But Khabib didn't avenge the Tibau loss whatsoever.

Khabib has also avoided a lot of tough stylistic matchups. I think he'd have been in trouble had he fought Gaethje earlier. He's not fighters who can stop his takedowns or defend against the pressure. Tony Ferguson, Jorge Masvidal, Kevin Lee, Gregor Gillespie. And I guarantee he wouldn't risk fighting Usman or Covington.

Conor has more ranked wins in non-title fights than Khabib does. He finished #5 Poirier, finished #10 Siver, decisioned #5 Nate, finished #5 Cowboy. Khabib decisioned #5 RDA, finished #6 Johnson, decisioned #4 Barboza. Very arguable that Khabib has worse top ranked wins outside of title fights.

Conor probably wins a rematch

conor took this dying sport to another level and changed it forever.
khabob just took his money and left.
Conor is only allowed to fight cos daddy is retiring

Khabib, which is a pretty easy choice. Conor brought the WWE crap into MMA and all sorts of posers followed him. Conor never defended his belt, which to me doesn't mean he was 2 division champ, he one FW never fought there again, so he was no longer champ when he won the LW belt, which is never defended. It is great he fought at multiple weight classes but reality is he looked light death at FW, since he really is a LW.

Conor:
- Undefeated at FW (would be undefeated at UFC like Khabib if he stayed at FW)
- beat the FW goat in one punch/13 seconds (Khabib beat Iaquinta)
- first simultaneous double champ (Khabib too scared of Usman, like to call out a retired 40yo legend instead)
- fight in 3 categories (not scared to go up against bigger guys)

Khabib:
- Undeafeted at LW/UFC
- Defended his title 4 times
- beat Conor

Who have the better resume folks? The only weakness of Conor is that he never defend his belt, he is too hungry for new challenge/new strap, but outside of that he is an absolute beast/legend.

Yes Conor have some losses at UFC but Conor would be undeafeted if he choosen to stick at FW beating smaller guys after a big cutting like Khabib did at LW

And Conor can still do better because instead of Khabib he is not retired.

Discuss.
I have no desire to discuss whether any particular fighter has a better career than another...it more fun to discuss your man-boy love for Conor McGee.............

Khabib should have at least given Conor a rematch.
You mean the Clown who doesn't give rematches unless he losses the first one, that way he has nothing to lose but everything to gain? Where's Nate's rematch when Clowner's "win" wasn't even decisive? Where's 2 week Chad's rematch? Where's Aldo's rematch? Nah, if anyone deserves not to get a chance at redemption it's Clown Boy.

If you delete my "if conor stayed at FW" point there is still 90% of others points/arguments, so its not my "whole argument" like you say wrongly.

I talked about double champ, 3 categories, beating effortlessly the goat of a category in his first title match, et cetera et cetera

So you are the troll, not me.

I dont event mentionned the impact of Conor for the MMA/business/fans, i stayed at what he did inside the cage
He hasnt fought a WW yet, his fights at 170 have been against LW's, journeyman LW's while at it.

He came to the UFC with loses, has been stopped twice in the UFC alone, the "undefeated in the UFC" is a poor gimmick by Rogan/Dana, there are undefeated guys, and guys that are not, Conor falls into the latter.

He didnt exactly moved to LW for the challenge, his weight cuts were getting harder and harder and he was planning on moving up even before signing with the UFC, you can see his coach tell the story on JRE podcast, he hasnt and most likely will never actually challenge for the WW belt, everyone knows it.

Most fighters are not the same anymore when they fight against Khabib.
I'm talking about fighters who got a lot of punches and beatings in the Khabib fight.
All your examples of fighters that got finished after the fight against Khabib were washed up after Khabib. It shows what Khabib does to fighters if he beat them up. They will never be the same.
Compare their statistics before and after Khabib.

Poirier and Gaethje didn't take a lot of punches against Khabib. They will be fine.
Conrat won't be fine. He will never be the same against elite fighters after the beating Khabib gave him.
Conrat is not an exciting fighter. After the first round Conrat has the pace of a zombie and it's like i'm watching a fight in slow motion.

ezgif-3-545ec7ca2f63.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back