Conor haters need a new hype train

Vannata, even though he is a Conor fan
He's the most impressive newcomer i've seen for a while, to almost beat Ferguson on short notice while being noticeably out of shape and undersized was about as impressive as someone can look in a loss.

Following that up with a KO of the year against a solid striker has put the division on notice that he'll be a tough fight for anyone.

Wait, were some people actually serious when they hyped up Perry...?

I thought it was just some unfunny sherdog joke...

I thought most mcgregor fans were perry fans, same annoying posting style

I thought that too? One of the main reasons why I wasn't fully behind this Platinum Nation fad and doing a wait & see approach even though I sorta like the guy. Well I waited and I saw, and saw what I needed to know Platinum Mike Perry has the fight IQ of a mad Sasquatch

Sasquatch.gif

I thought most mcgregor fans were perry fans, same annoying posting style

honestly, it was same shit, only in different wrap... potential star, showing good results.. the troll wagon is real, every time..
- is he succesful? - they knew that!!
- did he fail? - who are you talking about? they don't know him

Too bad trying to proclaim Mike Perry as the GOAT went well. Literally stealing the gimmick you made for Conor 3 years ago. Too bad he isn't anywhere near as good as Conor. Or even Alan Jouban...

At least Conor is still here. {<Mcgoat}

I will grant you that a big part of the Perry thing was an antidote to Conor-mania, but I always took it as also mostly a joke. I don't think most of the people indulging really thought he was as good as they pretended he was. It was just a bit of fun.

As a Conor fan I would think the TS would appreciate that because there is an element to the Conor thing which is lighthearted and in jest. That's not to say that Conor isn't one of the best in the game, I really believe that he is and anyone who knows me knows I'm a huge fan. But clearly some of the hyperbole and clowning antics of my fellow fans is just fooling about for fun.

Of course many of his haters are so invested their hate that they are unable to have any sense of humor about anything to do with Conor. That would open the possibility of him being in some shape or form good and that can't be allowed. The bunker mentality must be maintained at all costs. It's like that point in an argument where on some level you realize you are full of shit or the other guy has at least a partly valid point but you can't let him win because that would be too humiliating.

I will grant you that a big part of the Perry thing was an antidote to Conor-mania, but I always took it as also mostly a joke. I don't think most of the people indulging really thought he was as good as they pretended he was. It was just a bit of fun.

As a Conor fan I would think the TS would appreciate that because there is an element to the Conor thing which is lighthearted and in jest. That's not to say that Conor isn't one of the best in the game, I really believe that he is and anyone who knows me knows I'm a huge fan. But clearly some of the hyperbole and clowning antics of my fellow fans is just fooling about for fun.

Of course many of his haters are so invested their hate that they are unable to have any sense of humor about anything to do with Conor. That would open the possibility of him being in some shape or form good and that can't be allowed. The bunker mentality must be maintained at all costs. It's like that point in an argument where on some level you realize you are full of shit or the other guy has at least a partly valid point but you can't let him win because that would be too humiliating.

Thoughtful post of the year goes to you.

There is an element of passive aggression in the general atmosphere here at Sherdog, so as to smoothly pull out when facts become too uncomfortable to acknowledge.

. <24>

Back