Conor hasn't had a win streak since Obama was president

I mean that's not the "truth" of it. That's basically only Nate Diaz.

Porier self admitted he was wobbled and hurt at the post-fight presser, and I'm not defending McGregor at this point but that's literal fact. Cerrone was finished in like 30 seconds (a 155/170 tweener, at 170). Khabib just had light years superior wrestling/grappling, and never really ate anything.

Diaz is the only one who ate consistent shots from McGregor, the same guy who just survived against Leon Edwards a big 170er who was fucking him up and has only ever been KO'd by a baseball bat to the head from Josh Thomson. So no, that's not the truth it's misleading bullshit and I have to call that out.
Who has he finished with his left that “no one can take” at LW?

To answer your question and to prove how retarded this thread is:

- McGregor has fought 3 times since the arbitrary cutoff point TS created
- He is 1-2.
- The cutoff point was 2016, so he's fought 3 times in the past 5 years.

He did get a win over Cerrone at 170. He lost to Khabib (coming off a 2 year MMA layoff) and lost to Porier coming off a 1 year layoff. To criticize his activity levels is completely justified, but to point to a win streak is obviously misleading to anyone with a brain.

Certain Sherdoggers would be making excuses like little oompa loompas about that layoff time between fights for other fighters, but that's fine we don't even use it as an excuse. Ultimately is it shameful to lose to Khabib who has never lost to anyone ever, when everyone knew McGregor's wrestling was his weak point and he was originally a 145 FW? I guess so. He lost to Porier too, most people have him favored but he lost...and Dustin Porier is a very good fighter.

This is a microcosm of the "Sherdog Special" as I like to call it. People here love to criticize someone who went 1-2 against top flight competition essentially, but then they jerk off to guys who amass win streaks against unranked to journeyman to can fighters. It's bizarre.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been wastelanded. Absolutely nothing of value.

It's pretty amazing how his boxing match with Floyd derailed his entire MMA career. If you'd have told me in 2016 that after beating Eddie that Conor would fight 3 times in the next 5 years I would not have believed it. He fought 3 times in 2016, and then 3 times over the next 5 years.

Floyd made him rich, but also ruined his MMA career.

Floyd didn't ruin his mma career.

Conor having no cardio or wrestling ruined his mma career.

Conor not being able to make 145 anymore also ruined his mma career

It's pretty amazing how his boxing match with Floyd derailed his entire MMA career. If you'd have told me in 2016 that after beating Eddie that Conor would fight 3 times in the next 5 years I would not have believed it. He fought 3 times in 2016, and then 3 times over the next 5 years.

Floyd made him rich, but also ruined his MMA career.

Forreal lol he took a prolonged beating and was stumbling around like a drunk man, that's neurological not a gas tank thing imo. Not to mention he spent all that time pretending to be a boxer and ever since he's completely abandoned on that light of his feet counterstriker shit that got him to the top.

Shame really, he was fun to watch as much as I hated his fans.

obama-1.si.jpg

obama.jpg

what did you expect

A win streak? He fights once every couple years usually against the best, not really much to be ashamed of in his case.

Conor is mega talented but not a gifted athlete and is aging poorly. I'd be really really surprised if he could string 3+ wins in a row over top comp at any point in the future.

Gentle giant had a very interesting criminal record and doping results

3-3 in his last 6 mma fights, plus the Floyd beating. Not to mention all the drugs & booze. I don't think he'll ever recapture his peak. I feel like he's on his way to a Liddell or Anderson type late career losing streak.

Sure, but lets be honest and realistic. 2016 Conor was in his prime. He fought Floyd, made a ton of money and then in his athletic prime fought 3 times in 5 years, getting finished twice and only winning one fight. Maybe "ruined" is too strong, but the Floyd fight definitely derailed Conor's MMA career.

100% agree. It's not that it "derailed" his career directly but his mythical AURA took such a hit from that fight that it ended up derailing the hype train he was riding on. There's a recent video by a guy called byron leon on Conor (check it out on youtube) that explains that whole phenomenon.

Back