Conor has to be perfect, Khabib doesnt

Conor will have to perfectly defend all or most take downs and/or land clean power shots with out missing. Even if he lands khabib will panic wrestle him down unless Conor defends almost every takedown.

I really don’t think that is true. There is a ton of pressure on Khabib. Conor knew when this fight was going to take place long before Khabib so you can be sure he’s been working on his defensive wrestling. While he’ll never close the gap entirely he did get a head start.

The fight is already close enough. With that said the gap in striking exists and ever round starts on the feet. Khabibs going to need to close the distance without taking big shots from Conor. These two factors lead me to believe Khabib needs to fight just a a perfect fight as Conor does.

I see it more the other way around. Khabib has to be perfect defensively and spend as little time as possible standing with Conor. Conor will be taken down, no doubt about it. So for him, he might as well go for broke and try to land as much as possible on Khabib. Similar to the Mendes fight where Conor pushed forward and just threw, knowing he'd get taken down. It's a trade off. If he's aggressive and throws a lot, he will be easier to take down, but increase his chances of KOing Khabib.

Conor is only good for the 1st and 2nd round. If khabib gets the td in the 1st then no doubt conor will get drain. Khabibs presure is 3times worse then Nate's.

Than how come Nate 2x, Duffy, Max, Sitenkov and Mayweather didn't get concussed? But Khabib will right? Yeah, sure buddy..
lol......................................................just lol

Nate survived on zombie retard strength chin but his face got absolutely BUTCHERED in both fights. Hes only been stopped with a full force shin the chin. Conor still managed to put him on his ass, like 4 times?

Holloway got genuinely son'd. He would have got finished on the feet but Conor had a legit knee injury, so he just molested him on the ground in stead

Other fights were either from 10 years ago, or against the best boxer of this generation that literally has never lost, so....................full retard to bring up

I bet you really felt good about your post too. As if it was a full proof "gotchya!" post. Fucking lmao.

Implying Khabib has the defense or the chin of fucking Mayweather. My god holy shit lmao

I would argue the opposite. If khabib makes one mistake and gets cracked it could be over.

Exactly. Everyone assumes Conor is going to gas in the 2nd round, which to me is absurd. Conor always works on his weaknesses, and I'm sure his gas tank is going to be good for this fight. Plus, he fought for 28 minutes against Mayweather. Most people forget a boxing match is 36 minutes (12 rounds)!!

Conor can get taken down for the first 2 rounds (not perfect), and still KO Khabib in the 3rd, if Khabib gets sloppy.

Uhmmmm, khabib doesn't finish so mcg doesn't have to be that perfect, he's gonna get quite a lot of chances...
Khabib on the other hand?

McGregor has put a total of 1 person to sleep standing in the UFC
Conor is only good for the 1st and 2nd round. If khabib gets the td in the 1st then no doubt conor will get drain. Khabibs presure is 3times worse then Nate's.
exactly. If he gets the takedown, even if Conor gets through the round, he’s gonna be majorly tired out. If he gets a takedown with more than about two minutes left though, it’s hard to imagine Conor surviving that long.

Connor has the striking to put khabib on his ass and all it takes is khabib to try and take him down an and connor throws a nicely timed knee lol

Conor will have to perfectly defend all or most take downs and/or land clean power shots with out missing. Even if he lands khabib will panic wrestle him down unless Conor defends almost every takedown.

Basically.

What a lot of Shertards don't get and are missing is that the accumulation of punches is a very real thing. Your ability to take a punch doesn't go up with training it goes down over the course of time. The shot that Franklin put Chuck down with would not have done so earlier in his career with much less CTE. Jose fought Conor right after a brutal Mendes rematch he almost lost. Dude got crumpled and had been fighting for eleven years. It wasn't just that he got his chin cracked, it was that his chin was ready to crack.

This is why Khabib has yet another advantage. He's never lost, never been TKO'd. Conor has been TKO'd plenty, including against all odds Floyd Mayweather himself. Consider another undefeated gappler for a spell, Chris Weidman. He got tagged, a lot, by Lyoto and said his punches weren't hard, which is funny considering how many people Lyoto had put to sleep at that point. What happened to Chris after Luke almost killed him? Two more TKO losses where he didn't have the granite chin he usually did (metaphorically of course since it was a noggin shot from Romero).

Khabib barely gets hit, has yet to be rocked in a single goddamn fight. Couple that with the fact that Khabib is a cardio machine and a monstrous grappler, both weaknesses of Conor's, and you have a daunting task ahead. He needs a perfect counter in the first round because if he gets taken down even once, he's going to be smothered so badly that his hits won't have the pop even in the second to put Khabib to sleep with one shot.

I'm a huge Khabib fan but I've counted Conor out in the past and I'm not doing it this time.

While I fully expect Khabib to dominate Conor, he needs to be pretty perfect himself. Conor doesn't need to knock him out with one punch, he just needs to hurt him, and he's more than capable of doing that. He'll likely have more than one opportunity, as well.

Back