Conor has to be perfect, Khabib doesnt

Dana_is_your_GOD

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Conor will have to perfectly defend all or most take downs and/or land clean power shots with out missing. Even if he lands khabib will panic wrestle him down unless Conor defends almost every takedown.

Well Conor has one of the most accurate left straights of all time. If anyone can land the "perfect "shot, its him. Dude landed on Floyd Mayweather ffs!

We know this already man. This same topic is brought up 100 times a day on sherdog.

Khabib needs to be perfect on his takedowns, otherwise hes going to sleep standing

Well Conor has one of the most accurate left straights of all time. If anyone can land the "perfect "shot, its him. Dude landed on Floyd Mayweather ffs!

This is all irrelevant once Platinum drops to 155

They both have to be perfect. If Khabib gets sloppy at any time on the feet, he's getting cracked.

Conor needs to avoid the take downs at all times.

I would argue the opposite. If khabib makes one mistake and gets cracked it could be over.

khabib keeps his hands down and chin up on the regular. he at least has to fix that or he's getting slept.

Conor will have to perfectly defend all or most take downs and/or land clean power shots with out missing. Even if he lands khabib will panic wrestle him down unless Conor defends almost every takedown.

How is it panic wrestling if Khabib's intent is to wrestle? I agree with you that Conor needs to defend takedowns, otherwise he's fucked!

I believe enough in Khabib's chin for him to take a big shot and close this distance. Once the fight hits the mat Conor isn't getting up till the round ends...

No, you have it backwards.

Conor can afford to get taken down and he may have at least 5 chances to be stood up. Khabib isn't notorious for putting away his opponents.

However I don't think Khabib wants to take too many clean punches from Conor. One good one from Conor could lead to the end of the fight.

Khabib needs to be perfect on his takedowns, otherwise hes going to sleep standing
No he doesn't, Khabib is a chain wrestler, if he grabs a hold of Conor he has a million ways to take him down when the first few don't work like usual.

McGregor has put a total of 1 person to sleep standing in the UFC
yes! Thank you. The myth of his 1 punch KO power has grown to epic proportions. BTW, on that 1 punch KO, he owes a lot of thanks to Jose for running full speed into it.

No, you have it backwards.

Conor can afford to get taken down and he may have at least 5 chances to be stood up. Khabib isn't notorious for putting away his opponents.

However I don't think Khabib wants to take too many clean punches from Conor. One good one from Conor could lead to the end of the fight.
Conor can't afford to get taken down at all, he needs to finish the fight before Khabib closes the distance. Once he gets taken down he'll get smashed, his arms will be tired and he won't be anywhere near the same in the following rounds. Happens to all of Khabib's opponents when they're on the ground with him.

They both have to be perfect. Conor can end motherfuckers in less than 10-20 seconds, one fucking shot. Stop acting like Khabib is invincible, people. This is a very very interesting match up. It can go either way. Conor just needs a split second to land that shot, ONE shot he can finish guys. Sure, Khabib is bigger than Aldo and many other guys Conor fought, but he’s been so good at defending strikes we don’t fully know his ability to take a shot just yet.

Conor is a whooooole different level in striking compared to everybody Khabib has fought. Khabib used forward pressure to ruin everybody, Conor loves that shit. Backing up and cracking guys, I mean. This is a very dangerous fight for both. Fuck off with the “lel Conor sucks Khabib is a god” nonsense. Fucking unrealistic cunts everywhere. Whether you like Conor or not, don’t downplay his fucking skills and ability. Ok we get it you don’t like him as a person but as a fighter he’s fucking exceptional and you know it. Fuck off.

Avoid the left and clinch. Something Khabib's done throughout his career.

Conor can't afford to get taken down at all, he needs to finish the fight before Khabib closes the distance. Once he gets taken down he'll get smashed, his arms will be tired and he won't be anywhere near the same in the following rounds. Happens to all of Khabib's opponents when they're on the ground with him.

Conor is the type of fighter that will remain dangerous until the fight is over. If Iaquinta can afford to be taken down and survive so can Conor. It was Khabib who eventually struggled to take Al down.

Back