Conor has fought crazy competition..

Context is that Eddie was coming off a finish in the first round to RDA to win the belt, which you conveniently left out.

I left it out because I spoke about his gift to the title shot and not the title fight itself. May want to change your username to August McGregor bud.

He was a beast at 145/155, but 170 is not his weight class, yeah he dropped Nate but 145 Conor was a real slayer

People can lie about defending titles suddenly 'doesnt mean anything' in this money/superfight age but in hindsight when its all over as of now its one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, asterix against his resume.
Sure Max was young but so was Conor. Trying to act like Mac was some vet against outgunned max isnt true. Add the ACL.
The Mendes fight depends what side you sit on. Dude was on 2 weeks notice, Conor had been planning for Aldo (for a long time too) both had pluses and negatives to this fight. Definitely would have liked to have seen full camp Mendes as I dont think he snatches at that guillotine so much.
Conor got lucky having to fight Alvarez in his first title defence. He also suffers from this as he was supposed to fight RDA. A champ with defences behind him and a solid champ at that weight. But its not Conors fault he got smoked first. Alvarez was made for him.

Diaz win and gameplan after the first loss is a great win. Diaz is nowhere near the superman his cult want t make out but regardless coming off a loss to go 5 with Diaz is not something small.
Mayweather was a glorified boxing exhibition to rinse the casual fight fan. He wasnt 'Phenomenal' as he claims but hats expected. No one can take the Aldo one away.

I cant stand the guy. I liked the initially witty smiling '50gs baby' Conor but the 'Money' Mcgregor schtik I dont like, His acts outside (and sometime in) I dont like. I dont 'hate' him but also dont like him and rarely want to see him win but despite his resumes not even being close to the likes of Anderson or GSP Sometimes its needlessly belittled. Hes broke records hes beat legends. The cards fell his way and he was shoehorned in by the company in places but he still had to win when many where hoping he wouldnt (me included) and made history whether you like it or now, He made himself the biggest star in the company.
Saying that I hope Cowboy kicks his head into Dee's lap come saturday. (he wont)

this thread just proves both the conor fans and the nuthuggers are both equally insane.

no, i take it back, the conor haters are much worse. they remind me of the metoo'ers

i dont think anyone can deny conor has faced some very tough guys along with some hand picked easy ones... but that can be said for just about anyone
Woahhh! Easy with the level headed post, there buddy.

Holloway was new back then (145)
Mended fought on 2 weeks notice (145)
Alvarez got beat up in One FC
Diaz is a gatekeeper

beside Aldo and Khabib, Mccollin hasn’t fought top competition

Thank you for putting things into perspective, did you know I knew Keanu Reeves before he became Keanu Reeves, still don't stop me from name dropping and saying I know Keanu Reeves.

Diaz is a gatekeeper

Undercutting a resume like that is as bad or worse than MMAth. McGregor is insufferable, but his resume is strong.

Undercutting a resume like that is as bad or worse than MMAth. McGregor is insufferable, but his resume is strong.

I don't disagree with you much Inga but on this one I disagree I don't think he's undercutting Conor's resume as much as OP is over glorifying those same accomplishments. I think he's putting those accomplishments in perspective the Holloway then can not be compared to the Holloway of 2day even Max as admitted to that, no disputing that Mendes was very short notice, Alvarez I myself still have trouble comprehending that whole fight but a win all the same which kind of looks soft now considering how Eddie as looked since.

Aldo was straight up gangster fighting and he deserves all the accolades for that win. But the truth is Conor got baby walked to those accomplishments hopscotching around hotspots and didn't have to fight through fire to get any of his belts..

It's crazy because people talk like he hasn't fought anyone, but look at the strength of his opponents

he's fought Holloway, Poirier, Mendes, Diaz x2, Eddie Alvarez, and Khabib. 8 of his UFC fights were against guys who were either former title contenders, title holders, or people who went on to win a title later in their career. that's like 8/12 of his UFC career.

Oh yeah did I mention that he KO'd the 145 lbs GOAT in 13 seconds?

WAR CONOR
{<Mcgoat}
You should see Cerrones Competition

I don't disagree with you much Inga but on this one I disagree I don't think he's undercutting Conor's resume as much as OP is over glorifying those same accomplishments. I think he's putting those accomplishments in perspective the Holloway then can not be compared to the Holloway of 2day even Max as admitted to that, no disputing that Mendes was very short notice, Alvarez I myself still have trouble comprehending that whole fight but a win all the same which kind of looks soft now considering how Eddie as looked since.

Aldo was straight up gangster fighting and he deserves all the accolades for that win. But the truth is Conor got baby walked to those accomplishments hopscotching around hotspots and didn't have to fight through fire to get any of his belts..

Holloway has a strong incentive to say he is better now. What's notable is that until Poirier, none of Holloway's subsequent opponents were able to take advantage of his youth, which is to say, Holloway was good enough immediately following the McGregor fight to go on a 13 fight win streak.

Fighting Mendes on short notice hurts Mendes, but it also hurts McGregor, who did not have the advantage of a full training camp focused on TDD. I think without an anti-McGregor bias, it would be universally admitted that Mendes is a nightmare as a short notice replacement. Remember that Jon Jones wouldn't face Chael Sonnen on short notice.

My point isn't really about McGregor though. It's that retroactively undercutting resumes can make every great fighter average.

He has faced tough competition...And not to discredit it, but its not anywhere near close to Cerrone, Edgar, Penn, Diego, Aldo, Diaz, Benson H etc..I'd say Conor's resume is more akin to Clay Guida's (who's also faced pretty fierce competition)

Holloway has a strong incentive to say he is better now. What's notable is that until Poirier, none of Holloway's subsequent opponents were able to take advantage of his youth, which is to say, Holloway was good enough immediately following the McGregor fight to go on a 13 fight win streak.

Fighting Mendes on short notice hurts Mendes, but it also hurts McGregor, who did not have the advantage of a full training camp focused on TDD. I think without an anti-McGregor bias, it would be universally admitted that Mendes is a nightmare as a short notice replacement. Remember that Jon Jones wouldn't face Chael Sonnen on short notice.

My point isn't really about McGregor though. It's that retroactively undercutting resumes can make every great fighter average.

Wasn't Conor Holloway 2nd fight deep into his UFC career..? I certainly hope he's better now Dustin himself was still a scrub when fought Conor who really had hype and momentum and push coming from the UFC but Conor beat him down @145 but Dustin is truly a diamond now @LW. As much as you say the poster was undercutting Conor's accomplishments all I'm saying the same can be said for OP overestimating those same accomplishments when they're put in perspective.

Conor could've easily had comeback and fought current Dustin to dispel this argument but chose Cerrone, so the perspective of him fighting a growing Dustin still lives on and will always be questioned...

Cowboy will be Conor's 8th top 5 opponent, and people still try and pretend his schedule is weak.

I left it out because I spoke about his gift to the title shot and not the title fight itself.

Gift? Eddie was coming off wins over #1 and #3. He was the #1 ranked fighter in the division when he fought RDA.

People only try and retroactively shit on Eddie because of how Conor clowned him and how they can't be seen to praise Conor.

Wasn't Conor Holloway 2nd fight deep into his UFC career..? I certainly hope he's better now Dustin himself was still a scrub when fought Conor who really had hype and momentum and push coming from the UFC but Conor beat him down @145 but Dustin is truly a diamond now @LW. As much as you say the poster was undercutting Conor's accomplishments all I'm saying the same can be said for OP overestimating those same accomplishments when they're put in perspective.

Conor could've easily had comeback and fought current Dustin to dispel this argument but chose Cerrone, so the perspective of him fighting a growing Dustin still lives on and will always be questioned...

It was McGregor's second fight in the UFC as well. It was McGregor's 15th fight overall compared to Max's 10th fight overall, so McGregor was more experienced , but there's nothing out of line there.

I think there are two separate issues here. The first is the strength of McGregor's resume as he was up and coming. I think this is underrated by his critics. The one fight I thought was lame at the time was Siver. The second is the level of competition he has faced since then. Alvarez, Mayweather and Khabib are top notch, even if Floyd was 50, but Cerrone is clearly a past prime guy with a decent name who is meant to be a relatively sure win. A comeback fight.

Gift? Eddie was coming off wins over #1 and #3. He was the #1 ranked fighter in the division when he fought RDA.

People only try and retroactively shit on Eddie because of how Conor clowned him and how they can't be seen to praise Conor.

This. One of the key reasons that Conor haters have become worse than Conor fans is their insistence on salvaging the careers of good fighters because McGregor beat them. "Conor bless" died off three years ago while the anti-Conor myths, like Alvarez is a can or that he threw their fight, still live on.

Diaz is a gatekeeper

Holloway had more fights in the ufc but yeah give him the benefit of the doubt for being new over connor for sure.

He’s 1-1 at LW
He’s 1-1 at WW.

those are the relevant facts.

Back