Conor has been handpicking opponents his entire UFC run

Why would I need to look it up, it's so obvious to me.

See what I did there?

No?

Here I'll help you.

Just kidding, I won't.

You're a bum, who likes to argue on forums but provide no substance to their arguments.

The worst kind of person on a forum. A troll.

I'd also be willing to play big bank take little bank, the loser never posts on these forums again.

Ball is in your court.
sure how do we play?

At 145, he was given Brimage as a build up/can crushing fight. After he beat Dustin, he was given Dennis Siver which is still a fucking joke til this day. After beating Siver, he was given a title shot. Aldo had a broken fucking rib and Dana lied about it to make Conor look good. He nearly loses to a off the couch Mendes. Quick KO against in Aldo. He didn't even expect it and fled the division.

Then of course the Diaz fight. He gets his ass handed to him by Cabo Nate. Comes back for the rematch and plays it safe. Eddie gets a fluke win over RDA and is fed to Conor. Eddie arguably lost every one of his fights before the RDA one and only had BS SDs.

Gets completely dominated by Khabib, and somehow he is back after beating an old shot Cerrone who is a perfect match up for Conor.

7-0 at 145.
1-1 at 155
2-1 at 170

3-2 last 5

Somehow this guy is the most popular dude in the UFC but has a so so record for having so many fights hand picked.
<Waaah>

Trying to psot the transfer and im looking have another deposit like 60k too.

Nope. Show proof or we can safely assume you're lying or simply recalling things with a heavy dose of hindsight bias. Sure, some picked Conor to win, but no one was saying Eddie was an easy, hand-picked opponent.
A lot of people were, Eddie was the most beatable lw champ of all time. Not my problem you are idiot guy. I don’t need to prove anything I know how I felt and what I had to say about it. Just because someone had a differing opinion don’t mean it never happened. Also when people were talking about Conor and Floyd I was saying Masvidal had the best boxing in the UFC and was a bad match up for him at 155. I know my shit man, just like you know about being a casual.

A lot of people were, Eddie was the most beatable lw champ of all time. Not my problem you are idiot guy. I don’t need to prove anything I know how I felt and what I had to say about it. Just because someone had a differing opinion don’t mean it never happened. Also when people were talking about Conor and Floyd I was saying Masvidal had the best boxing in the UFC and was a bad match up for him at 155. I know my shit man, just like you know about being a casual.

Simply saying "I'm a lying, biased idiot who likes to project" could've saved you 4 sentences full or fallacies and grammatical errors.

Ferguson, he was on a 7 fight win streak, and was available to fight. He fought just a week after Eddie fought RDA.
Fair point. I think melendez and Pettis were higher ranked then edzon lando and Thompson though? In hindsight it seems to make more sense with tony but at the time alvarez did have the ranking for it i think.

Strange how i didnt think of Tony honestly.

Fair point. I think melendez and Pettis were higher ranked then edzon lando and Thompson though? In hindsight it seems to make more sense with tony but at the time alvarez did have the ranking for it i think.

You are right Eddie was ranked higher than Tony at the time. IIRC he leapfrogged over Tony after going 2-1 with two very unimpressive split decisions. I did not feel he deserved the TS at the time.

More fake news. You sound like a noob, bro. Go back and look at the archived Conor threads. Most thought Brimage would wreck him and that no Irish fighter could have success in the UFC, as they had not had any success up to that point. Brimage was not seen as a bum back then, he was more popular than Conor, just had success on TUF and the fight was near even money.

The only fight that can be considered 'cherry picked' is the Silver fight, a fight which Conor did NOT need to take as he had the title wrapped up but made a huge gamble to fight as he wanted to increase his American main stream appeal, by fighting prime time on basic cable. It worked too and made him a superstar.

Now, why did he fight Siver? It was not because he was 'an easy fight', as stylistically he turned out to give him a harder time than Aldo, Eddie and Poirier combined. It was because Ireland and Germany had a recent futbol rivalry and Conor wanted to tap into that Irish and Irish American mainstream market, hence why they did the fight in 'Ireland number two', aka Boston, and right after the Patriots played in the AFC championship game. Without Conor fighting on that card, UFC 189 probably does only 500k PPV's, Sinead O'Connor does not sing, and very possibly they just reschedule Conor to fight Aldo later.

As someone that lived outside Boston then, I can tell you it served a very specific interest and there were billboards of "the fighting Irish' very own son" or "See the Irish Ali" all over the place. It absolutely hunny kicked the Bosto-Irish population and that is why Conor absolutely decimated the mainstream PPV market. In hindsight, that ?Siver fight turned out to be one of the smartest, but riskiest, business moves ever made in combat sports. They will be writing about it 100 years from now in the history of fight promotion.

The Siver fight is used a lot by haters as something to bash him. What they fail to realise or conveniently leave out is that Conor had already earned his shot by beating Poirer emphatically, Siver was simply a fight to keep Conor active as Aldo was already booked to fight Mendes. He could have just sat on and waited instead of fighting Siver.

You're reaching so far you're plucking clouds out the sky here bro.

The only ones I could honestly call cherry picked set-up fights were Siver and maybe Cowboy. Even with Cowboy a lot of pros/ex pros were predicting a Cowboy win. People seem to be forgetting Cowboy had a very competitive first round with Tony Ferguson just six months ago, yet because Conor just beat him easy he's now a shit fighter?

The dude could have easily pulled out of 189 after Aldo got hurt, but he didn't, he took on the top ranked guy and risked the mega money fight with Aldo. You can argue 2 weeks notice, but Conor also had 2 weeks notice for Chad, a totally different fighter to Aldo who he'd spent months preparing for. You haters are even more annoying than the nuthuggers I swear.

The Siver fight is used a lot by haters as something to bash him. What they fail to realise or conveniently leave out is that Conor had already earned his shot by beating Poirer emphatically, Siver was simply a fight to keep Conor active as Aldo was already booked to fight Mendes. He could have just sat on and waited instead of fighting Siver.
I'm not even a big Conor fan and I don't respect him as a man after his out of the cage antics, but fuck his haters on here are completely insane.

Last edited:
I dont know about that ( to be fair). His last fight was definitely by design agsinst another popular fighter who is gatekeeper status at best now and winding down. WME/ Dana got exactly what they were banking on ........Conor quick tko and everyone in on the McGregor business.

There might have been a couple along the way but for most part- disagree

Marcus Brimage went 7-7 in his career and fought at 135. It was a clear mismatch.

He had one loss when he fought Connor and 3 consecutive UFC wins.

You can't count what happened to him after against him, otherwise you can take apart anyone's wins, look at Khabib's whole run you'd only have Connor and Poirier as top competition.

People also have to remember Tony was not a well know fighter at all. He was getting wrestle fucked in a snooze fest when the McGregor hype train was taking off. He was remembered as "that TUF guy" where as Eddie was the hottest non UFC signed prospect in ages, was ranked #2 when BJ Penn was destroying it at LW and seen as a guy that had no weaknesses He also reigned over the stacked Bellator LW division and was fed ex champions/recent title contenders back to back after he lost to Cerrone, who is one hell of a welcoming fight. They threw him threw the murderers row to try and make an example of him like they did to Askren, but Eddie somehow made it thru won the title.

This narrative of "Eddie is a bum" did not start until Conor clowned on him. Most here thought Eddie was Nate Diaz but with better wrestling and power, gave Conor no shot. As expected, he kept his form after losing to Conor and went on to beat Gaethje in an all time war and force Poirier to "pull a Weidman" in his Moose fight. Sure, he has gotten old, but he is absolutely in the top 5 GOAT LW's and has probably the best longevity in the game. When all is said and done, he may actually be Conor's second best win to his resume behind Aldo.

You are right Eddie was ranked higher than Tony at the time. IIRC he leapfrogged over Tony after going 2-1 with two very unimpressive split decisions. I did not feel he deserved the TS at the time.
I guess that is reasonable. I just do not think it has anything to do with Conor. Eddie was well known, had 2 straight well known wins and honestly most assumed rda would smash him. At least i did.

I do see your point though, even if i dont agree with half of it. Have a nice day bud.

People also have to remember Tony was not a well know fighter at all. He was getting wrestle fucked in a snooze fest when the McGregor hype train was taking off. He was remembered as "that TUF guy" where as Eddie was the hottest non UFC signed prospect in ages, was ranked #2 when BJ Penn was destroying it at LW and seen as a guy that had no weaknesses He also reigned over the stacked Bellator LW division and was fed ex champions/recent title contenders back to back after he lost to Cerrone, who is one hell of a welcoming fight. They threw him threw the murderers row to try and make an example of him like they did to Askren, but Eddie somehow made it thru won the title.

This narrative of "Eddie is a bum" did not start until Conor clowned on him. Most here thought Eddie was Nate Diaz but with better wrestling and power, gave Conor no shot. As expected, he kept his form after losing to Conor and went on to beat Gaethje in an all time war and force Poirier to "pull a Weidman" in his Moose fight. Sure, he has gotten old, but he is absolutely in the top 5 GOAT LW's and has probably the best longevity in the game. When all is said and done, he may actually be Conor's second best win to his resume behind Aldo.
Well said said man.

Back