Conor has been handpicking opponents his entire UFC run

Eddie is one the easiest fight Conor could have had in the UFC. A brawler with limited wrestling that relies on boxing only and gets dropped every fight. Not to mention he is smaller then Conor. That was one the most predictable fights ever imo.
Yet all the experts on sherdog were tipping eddie. Hindsight is a wonderful thing isnt it. Gtfo

Nobody hand picks Holloway, Poirier, prime Aldo, Eddie Alvarez, Nate or Khabib because they're easy fights/paychecks. The same goes for boxing Mayweather. Granted, many guys would fight Mayweather for that amount of money, but all of them (unless they're insane) know they'd almost certainly lose and get embarrassed in front of the world.

At 145, he was given Brimage as a build up/can crushing fight. After he beat Dustin, he was given Dennis Siver which is still a fucking joke til this day. After beating Siver, he was given a title shot. Aldo had a broken fucking rib and Dana lied about it to make Conor look good. He nearly loses to a off the couch Mendes. Quick KO against in Aldo. He didn't even expect it and fled the division.

Then of course the Diaz fight. He gets his ass handed to him by Cabo Nate. Comes back for the rematch and plays it safe. Eddie gets a fluke win over RDA and is fed to Conor. Eddie arguably lost every one of his fights before the RDA one and only had BS SDs.

Gets completely dominated by Khabib, and somehow he is back after beating an old shot Cerrone who is a perfect match up for Conor.

7-0 at 145.
1-1 at 155
2-1 at 170

3-2 last 5

Somehow this guy is the most popular dude in the UFC but has a so so record for having so many fights hand picked.

You sound like you live in the shadows of your mother's basement.

You extremely odd, timid weirdos are all the same with your hatred.

Conor could knock out Francis Ngannou and you would come up with some stupid excuse like..."his rib was broke and that's why he got knocked completely unconscious in 13 seconds."

Stupid as all hell.

I sometimes wonder how salty this place would be if Conor had fought Andy Ogle instead of Holloway, Cole Miller instead of Brandao, Edgar instead of Mendes, Faber/Cowboy instead of Diaz, Aldo instead of Diaz II, RDA instead of Khabib, etc.

Good lord you sound unintelligent.

So explain to me, how and why he was cherry picked.

I'd fucking LOVE to hear your logical explanation.
LOL you sound real emotional. Why make it personal? I think it's so obvious that no logic is needed.

Yet all the experts on sherdog were tipping eddie. Hindsight is a wonderful thing isnt it. Gtfo

Oh yes, and everyone thought Eddie would wreak havoc in the UFC (just like they said about all those other former Bellator champs). Only now do we act like he's a can...even though he beat Gaethje.

Hahaha youre a joke.
I dont have an alt account loser. Now stick to watching other sports

Now you’re a liar too? That really is pathetic. So what’s your banned account/s SN.

thats why he fought the greatest boxer and one of the greatest athletes of all time?

The man has beaten:
Aldo - greatest FW all time
Holloway - #2 FW all time
Poirier - just challenged for the LW title
Alvarez - UFC champ + Bellator champ
Mendes - 3x title challenger
Nate - Ultimate Fighter winner, title challenger, veteran
Cerrone - same as Nate + most wins in UFC history

His losses are to:
Khabib - greatest LW all time
Nate - Conor never fought above 145 and fought Nate at 170

This is where I get pissed because yeah Conor is an insufferable dude, but he fights anyone. He was scheduled to fight RDA at 155 and jumped to 170 without ever having fought higher than 145 in the UFC.

This is revisionist history. Conor was the betting favorite, and I believe he was the majority pick on here as well.

thats why he fought the greatest boxer and one of the greatest athletes of all time?

I'll have to disagree a bit...Mayweather is the best boxer of the 21st Century but he's benefitted from weak competition and not fighting the best guys in their prime. He'd have some losses if he fought in the 80s against Leonard, Hearns, Duran, etc. in their primes.

Having said that, your point still stands 100%. Any MMA fighter trying to box Mayweather is taking on a pretty much impossible challenge.

At 145, he was given Brimage as a build up/can crushing fight. After he beat Dustin, he was given Dennis Siver which is still a fucking joke til this day. After beating Siver, he was given a title shot. Aldo had a broken fucking rib and Dana lied about it to make Conor look good. He nearly loses to a off the couch Mendes. Quick KO against in Aldo. He didn't even expect it and fled the division.

Then of course the Diaz fight. He gets his ass handed to him by Cabo Nate. Comes back for the rematch and plays it safe. Eddie gets a fluke win over RDA and is fed to Conor. Eddie arguably lost every one of his fights before the RDA one and only had BS SDs.

Gets completely dominated by Khabib, and somehow he is back after beating an old shot Cerrone who is a perfect match up for Conor.

7-0 at 145.
1-1 at 155
2-1 at 170

3-2 last 5

Somehow this guy is the most popular dude in the UFC but has a so so record for having so many fights hand picked.

He’s the Lebron James of MMA. They crafted their careers to try and obtain a GOAT status.

7-0 at 145.
1-1 at 155
2-1 at 170

3-2 last 5

Max
Dustin
Cowboy
Aldo
Khabib
Eddie
Booked to fight RDA
Chad
Diaz two times

Name the fighter that has faced much better competition at 45 and 55 in recent years? What's his name?

The groupies are back. Hope you enjoy living vicariously through a senior citizen abusing, coke-head, alleged sexual abuser, booze peddling, loud mouth manlet leprechaun.

You are making up BS because you hate the guy.. The competition has been stellar. Were you one saying a few years ago he would never face Khabib?

McGregor's resume is one of the best resumes out there. He also fought a lot of wrestlers, BJJ guys, cardio machines and granite chins.

His resume is actually better than Khabib and Tony and he fought stylistically worse matchups than them.

Holloway, Mendes, Diaz, Diaz, Alvarez, Khabib. All of those 6 fights were stylistic nightmares for him and he fought 12 times in the UFC. So, half of them were bad stylistic matchups.

This is revisionist history. Conor was the betting favorite, and I believe he was the majority pick on here as well.

I don't remember specifically (I never said Eddie was the favorite), but NO ONE said Alvarez was an easy, hand-picked fight at that time.

eddie was indeed an easier fight than RDA, but conor was supposed to face RDA, he didn't predict that he ll get injured ...

Yes.. And Conor called out RDA right after beating Aldo. Wanted the 55 champ straight away..

So-so record... KO'ing champ after champ.

Gah, you're a fucking moron OP.

Back