Conor fans have no room to talk about Khabib's old fights... Conor lost to cans

Gabkicks

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I've seen 2 threads about Khabib vs Tibau and how this fight proves Khabib is beatable.

Forgetting some important things:

1. Tibau was roided to the gills (everyone knows he was a roid machine, hes a proven cheater)
2. Going into the fight, Tibau had a 90% Takedown defense record, one of the best in MMA
3. It was 6+ years ago, Khabib was a young kid in that fight
4. Khabib still won that fight, 30-27

Meanwhile, Conor actually got tapped by cans in his past fights. So Conor fanboys have no room to bring up the Tibau fight

Why not post in those threads. Pointless thread.

Losing is nothing in MMA, nearly everyone loses, especially early on. That doesnt define the current versions of the fighters.

Conor is arguably 1-3 in his last 4...
I included the Mayweather fight in there, because McGobblers like to say it counts as activity.

Khabib is well...26-0
And has fought this year.
I don't think Conor fans have much room to talk...but lord knows they will
<{cruzshake}>

"roided to the gills" is a weak and lame excuse. He didn't fail a test for that fight, and you wouldn't know how much he'd have been helped by PEDs even if he had taken them. And for all you know, many more fighters have taken PED's and not been caught for it. Speaking of "caught for it", Chad Mendes was. Round 2 TKO.

Joe Duffy is not a can; he's a better fighter than Gleison Tibau. Conor was much earlier in his career in those 2 losses than Khabib was in the Tibau fight.

When you say "Khabib won 30-27" are you referring to the judges' opinions, or your own? I personally think it was a razor thin fight that coulda gone either way, probably giving a slight edge to Tibau.

You are right about Tibau's TDD though. He's tough to take down. And if Khabib can't get an opponent down, he's generally gonna be in trouble. Thankfully for him in that fight, Tibau isn't a great striker. His next opponent is though.

Holy shit

This board is gonna be a NIGHTMARE for the next two months, on BOTH sides

Not only that, but the post-fight circle-jerk is going to be one for the history books, regardless of who wins.
giphy.gif

Not seen those threads but anyone using the Tibau fight as a reason for Conor winning is an idiot

Tibau and McGregor couldn't be more opposite if they tried

Since when is Nate Diaz a can, you fucking casual?

I included the Mayweather fight in there, because McGobblers like to say it counts as activity.

Khabib is well...26-0
<{cruzshake}>
You know you lose all credibility when you start changing recorded stats....right. As a poster, you are arguably one of the worst

Khabib is well...26-0
<{cruzshake}>
Would be a pretty poor argument IMO. The Floyd fight is silly to include, for obvious reasons, and I thought the second nate fight was pretty easy to score, clear 48-47 for Conrad.

Holy shit

This board is gonna be a NIGHTMARE for the next two months, on BOTH sides

Yep. I am strongly considering avoiding Sherdog for the next couple of months. Honestly. At least the heavies anyway.

Last edited:
Apollo Creed only lost to Rocky when he believed he could slay the unstoppable Russian.....We all know the outcome.

Gonna take an unbreakable OLD fighter to eventually stop Khabib.....Enter Frankie Edgar.

There's a thread about having subforum for this fight. As I keep reading posts today, I'm thinking it will be smart to open a psychiatric help subforum in case Conor wins, so many Sherbros are already invested in seeing him lose, it's insane.

2 of those losses were 8 and 10 years ago...

Literally his 3rd and 6th pro fight. Duffy is no slouch either. Very underrated.
Yep. I am strongly considering avoiding Sherdog for the next couple of months. Honestly.
Good. You're useless anyway.

Back