Conor double standard

Conor beat a very dangerous opponent on short notice and I haven't seen anybody try to discredit him there.

However, there's a very strong "what if" element around that fight that gets twisted in both directions, like "what if Conor had trained the whole camp for a wrestler" and "what if mendes had a full camp," making the fight in a grey area for discussion.

I'm not a Conor nuthugger by any means and I think that Herb Dean stopped the fight early, but I have no issue admitting that Conor would have flatlined mendes in the 3rd round.

backtrack on What? i never said i was hes fan, i just said i understood why he pulled out of 151.. dummy

Pulled out against a MW who was on the tail end of his career, GOAT my ass.

It's not necessarily so black-and-white.
Conor won against possibly the worst style match-ups in the division on short notice, and that's impressive.

That doesn't change the fact that that fight highlighted holes in his game, and ignoring them or shouting at people who point those holes out is annoying.
It also doesn't change the fact that it was a short notice Mendes, which limits the conclusions one can draw from the fight.

This. Very well stated.

Conor Sat at the press conference and destroyed RDA , told him he was a bum and that all he had was the belt to give .RDA didn't even answer him back . Conor told him he was going to bully him in his own division , toy with him . RDA didn't say anything . Honestly how can anyone be confident in RDA when he doesn't even have confidence in himself .

You must love WWE. This is about fighting, not talking.

RDA knows he'll not win if he trash talks Conor. It's not even in his native language and Conor is obviously better. He's leaving it for fight day.

Hope it's a good fight

Conor had the exact same incentive, ppv points, which is what Jones and Werdum conceded to avoid fighting.
It's as if people pretend Jones and Werdum get paid when they don't fight, they both gave up a pay check in order to avoid a short notice replacement, even if he was a MW...

Conor was fighting for the Interim belt. Jon Jones and Werdum were the champion. PPV points or not, defending champion vs fighting for the interim belt is not the same thing. If it was the same thing, Conor and the UFC would have never renegotiated his contract after he beat Aldo. If it was the same thing, why would the UFC offer Ben Henderson a "more money champion clause" if he won the title. It's not the same thing. You get more perks and hold more weight as champion and not a contender.

I am not even sure how you or anyone else can try and argue against this.

If your argument involved Conor moving up to fight RDA as champion, then yes, I would agree with your point. I can respect Conor for moving up a weight division as champion and putting his reputation on the line. But that alone is a different story.

Last edited:
Back