Conor does the same thing every time, yet no one can stop his left, why?

DontForgetMe

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Every time Conor counters with a left he dodges his head to the left in ducking motion, realligns, and throws basically a straight but it acts like a cross on the chin. Almost all his KO
s are like this, seems like a tendency you could learn to exploit. His kicks are for show, his right isn't that powerful, take away his left hand and you're solid. Diaz was rotating straight into these in both fights, and nearly won both however. He has timing and precision, but its the same go to punch EVERY time. Shouldn't a Professional MMA coach have a strategy to counter this?

Reminds me of a certain tendency DC had before he got his head kicked the fuck off this Earth.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Every time Conor counters with a left he dodges his head to the left in ducking motion, realligns, and throws basically a straight but it acts like a cross on the chin. Almost all his KO
s are like this, seems like a tendency you could learn to exploit. His kicks are for show, his right isn't that powerful, take away his left hand and you're solid. Diaz was rotating straight into these in both fights, and nearly won both however. He has timing and precision, but its the same go to punch EVERY time. Shouldn't a Professional MMA coach have a strategy to counter this?

In before generic Conor comments praising his power, he's more like Anderson, not super powerful but he hits the right spots with precision. Its why he lost his power in Boxing, hard to be accurate with pillows on your hands and pillows protecting their faces lol.
There's a lot he's doing that you aren't seeing

Just wait until October 6th...
fOavTPh.jpg

That left works until it doesn't and he panic wrestles.

mcgregor-diaz.jpg

No more fighting midgets now.

I used to think some of the fights were fixed, but now I think people fight him with a terrible game plan. Mendes had it right until he stood infront of him taking shots (gassed).

Something to do with the deceptiveness of how he moves in relation to how the opponent cluelessly senses those planted openings that are not really there and moves into a trap. Matrix shit and jedi mind tricks.

<TheDonald>

I used to think some of the fights were fixed, but now I think people fight him with a terrible game plan. Mendes had it right until he stood infront of him taking shots (gassed).

How many pro's do you see just drop their hands and wait for the one two ko ?

Mendes is suspect as hell anyways .. all the lies, roids, and cover-ups couldn't save him

because despite what his delusional haters will have you believe, he's actually reeeeally fucking good.

and because most guys in MMA can't handle that level of counter punching, accuracy or timing.

and like another poster said, it's not just a " left hand ", theres a lot he does that i guess you aren't seeing.

Fighting guys he has the reach on (145lbs) or guys that were tailor made for him Alverez (guy is probably the most overrated guy in the UFC - gets wobbled and dropped almost every fight).

He had a speed advantage over Nate but notice that once he started to fatigue the fights got closer. In the first fight he quit and the second he had to resort to sporadic fighting and turning his back and running away to avoid having to fight the full fight.

And mayweather laughed at that "left that no one can take".

Back