1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Conor Dismantles White-Started Myth Masvidal Is A Giant He Cannot Beat

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by ReadWrite, Jan 22, 2020.

?

Is Jorge vs Conor a physically fair fight?

1. Y

86.5%
  2. N

13.5%
  1. ReadWrite Banned Banned

Most fans would love the prospect of McGregor facing Jorge Masvidal next. There’s a chance at more gold with a potential title bout against welterweight champion Kamaru Usman as well.

White was previously not a fan of McGregor fighting at 170 pounds and was also against him facing Masvidal as he felt the latter was too big for him. That sparked a fire under McGregor’s belly who has since expressed an interest in proving White wrong.

And after defeating Cerrone — who notably stands at 6-foot-1 and likely cut a bit of weight to make 170 pounds — the Irishman remains confused by White’s comments regarding Masvidal being too big for him.

“Of course, let’s do it then,” McGregor said at the post-fight press conference of potentially facing Masvidal or Usman. “I’m more than ready. I enjoy this division. I like this division.

“I don’t think they’re that big. They’re a bit bigger, right? Okay. I think Donald is bigger than Jorge. I know Jorge has a win over Donald. I think Donald’s as big. Jorge’s a former lightweight so I don’t know what Dana was saying. I’d like to see them on the scales right now tonight and see where they’re at. At the end of the day, we got to weigh 170. I feel good at 170.”

https://thebodylockmma.com/ufc/conor-mcgregor-questions-jorge-masvidals-size-after-beating-donald-cerrone/

2. lizardpeople Banned Banned

Still pulling quotes from the presser?

Masdival has since said Conor wants nothing to do with him and Kavangh said Gaethje is next.

3. flowoftruth Brown Belt

masvidal is pretty much a dwarf

4. Sinthesized Black Belt

Jorge is fighting bigger guys and flat-lining them. I don't think he has too much trouble with the actor from The Leprechaun

5. DespicablePeep Red Belt

Masvidal went from a Gatekeeper to some unbeatable fighter, I think he is taylormade for Conor, easy fight for him.

6. Night Slasher Blue Belt

Masvidal will be what 10lbs bigger on fight night(around 185) that’s a weight class bigger than McGregor though I’d still like to see the fight!

7. The-AxeMurderer Gold Belt

They are both lightweights who fight at WW.

8. nostradumbass Yellow Card Yellow Card

I thought we were all aware that Dana only said that so it would make Conor look better when he sets the fight up.

9. PitDoggMMA Banned Banned

Conor is a FW who fought a LW @ WW.

10. linch Brown Belt

I would absolutely love to see this fight.

11. ThunderStruck Gold Belt

No, conor is a LW who killed himself to make FW and fight midgets. Thats coming from the horse mouth.

And now that he's finally fighting guys of his size, he's been on a crusade to make everyone believe hes the midget fighting guys 3 times his size.

12. PlatinumColbyCovington Banned Banned

who else is moving up multiple weight divisions and putting guys away

13. Moro Yellow Card Yellow Card

Lol? Conor went from the exact same thing, except now his delusional fan base are writing off every single LW and WW aside from Khabib.

Conor overrated as fuck.

14. MuaythaiGangstalicious Orange Belt

Conor fought a FW but he ain't no FW. He drain himself to holocaust victim physique to make the weight hence why he ain't coming back. LW is his class

15. ThunderStruck Gold Belt

He moved up to his natural division (LW) and then "moved up" to fight other LWs at WW.

16. kennysux Green Belt

I am so proud of Conor. I was very depressed for a while after he lost to Khabib because I dont think he tried his best and that maybe something was wrong. My friends brother kept telling my I'm a loser for being his fan. I think he beats Masdival and then the rematch with Khabib. He was partying and drinking too much imo. My friend from next door kept tell me to burn my Conor fight kit because Conor sucks and will never fight again but I told him to stfu because he is going to be champion once again.

17. Mamou Black Belt

How exactly?

And if it's such an easy matchup, why not take the fight? Is not like Conor took any damage against Cerrone.

18. RoJo303 Banned Banned

What fighter has said Conor isn't afraid of them? That would be story worthy.

19. MEAN357 Pernell Whitaker belt

Fair fight, conor still loses.

20. DespicablePeep Red Belt

Because Masvidal is a brawler and relies on his chin, not a good combination to fight Conor.