Conor!! could this possibly be done?

So win the 145 bekt, never defend it and go for 155, never defend it and go for 170 and if you win you are the GOAT of the sport? Honestly if he wins 155....he should go for 170. Its a fight where he has nothing to lose and everything to gain. Winning that one fight no matter how is more impressive on paper than 10 155 title defends.

Conor is legit he beat Mendes due to peppering him to the body broke him down en then Ko ed him. He legitely koed Aldo and it was not a lucky punch as it was clean and calculated. Weather he will beat RDA it is to be seen I still give a good chance if he keeps it standing. RDA does have one hell of a chin. Hasn't taken too much damage except the upperut from hell he got from Stephens. But that could have knocked out 99% of the LW and FW fighters. If he would succeed against WW elite no. Woodley would probably Koing clean if he connects. Rory is too methodical he would expose him with smart clean striking & takedowns and grinding GNp would probably finish him. Maia would grapple fuck him. Lawler would take a bomb to land a bomb and take him clean out. Beatable fighters would be Plodding Lombard, Exposed Hendricks

Of course it could be done, but if he immediately goes to 170lb. after the Dos Anjos fight, that's going to hold up the 145lb. division even longer and isn't fair to the contenders in that division.

Of course he can go after the WW title, he wouldn't get it though.

Plodding Lombard? The guy who eats strikes from MW's but get's KO'd by a FW? The delusion on Sherdog because of a fluke KO is unreal LOL

Let's see what he does about RDA before we build all these castles in the clouds, shall we?
tumblr_lnx4cyR1rn1qhnnyw.gif

If anybody can do it conor can
Hes in whit the people that can
Make that happen the mob

just imagine Conor Vs Lombard... but maybe Conor can go to Reem to put him on the same diet that UberReem had in japan...

Conor would KO Lombard fairly easily, c'mon. Lombard's arms are as long as my toes and he's not fast enough to even know where Conor is.

At WW, the only real threats I see are Rory (due to being really long and a good grappler) and Wonderboy would straight KO Conor. GSP would grapplefuck him I'd expect, although Conor could possibly get the KO. Other than those guys, nobody comes to mind who is such a huge threat to Conor at WW. I'm sure I'm missing some legit guys but I can't think of them now. Maybe Maia but I don't know if he could even get his hands on Conor before getting KO'd.

The thing about Conor is that he's very mobile, in your head, and only needs a few connects to have you wobbling. To beat him, you have to literally keep him from landing on you repeatedly and nowadays that's hard to do. Wonderboy could probably do it with his eyes closed, but who else? I know it sounds silly, but Conor's style is very hard to manage.

Plodding Lombard? The guy who eats strikes from MW's but get's KO'd by a FW? The delusion on Sherdog because of a fluke KO is unreal LOL

never said he would get knocked out by Mcgregor. p.s Also the same Lombard who got tooled by Okami and Boetsch so yes plodding

Conor would KO Lombard fairly easily, c'mon. Lombard's arms are as long as my toes and he's not fast enough to even know where Conor is.

At WW, the only real threats I see are Rory (due to being really long and a good grappler) and Wonderboy would straight KO Conor. GSP would grapplefuck him I'd expect, although Conor could possibly get the KO. Other than those guys, nobody comes to mind who is such a huge threat to Conor at WW. I'm sure I'm missing some legit guys but I can't think of them now. Maybe Maia but I don't know if he could even get his hands on Conor before getting KO'd.

The thing about Conor is that he's very mobile, in your head, and only needs a few connects to have you wobbling. To beat him, you have to literally keep him from landing on you repeatedly and nowadays that's hard to do. Wonderboy could probably do it with his eyes closed, but who else? I know it sounds silly, but Conor's style is very hard to manage.
"Conor would KO Lombard fairly easily, c'mon."
are you trolling? ... geez Conor fan I swear... Lombard never been Ko'ed, why would anyone think a 145 guy would do it.. -_-'

"Conor would KO Lombard fairly easily, c'mon."
are you trolling? ... geez Conor fan I swear... Lombard never been Ko'ed, why would anyone think a 145 guy would do it.. -_-'

Because Lombard can't get out of the way fast enough and the human head can't take precise shots from talented strikers. ALL of Conor's opponents got KO'd except Holloway. Aldo had never been KO'd before either. It's not even relevant what happened to them before. EVERYBODY gets KO'd against Conor.

Holloway avoided it by having fantastic footwork himself, and by the fight largely being on the ground. Lombard does not have Holloway's footwork and won't be able to avoid getting shot after shot cleanly on his chin. How would he NOT get KO'd? Using what, his footwork? Timing? Speed? Angles? Really, what would he use?

His stubby arms wouldn't ever get a hold of Conor. He can't reach Conor to hit him. He can't react fast enough to prevent getting clean, precise shots landed. What skill would he employ??

Not only would Conor KO him, he'd probably do it in one round. Lombard is slow enough to literally eat 10 shots in a row. I can't even imagine how it would be competitive.

The only WW I see being a strong favourite over Conor is Wonderboy. GSP if he comes back and maybe Maia, although I wonder if he could get Conor down. Guys like Lombard don't want to strike with guys like Conor or WB. Lombard is a punching bag for anyone with that level of footwork.

Did you see Hendrix vs WB? I picture it being similar.

Conor adds a lot of excitment to MMA. But if he KO 's Dos Anjos. He basically has to go up to 170lb. That could be Conor against Wonderboy ,Lawler or Condit at the end of the year. GOOD LUCK

Not gonna happen. The UFC won't freeze three divisions. It's not a money move, while having two title defenses in two divisions per year is doable.

Because Lombard can't get out of the way fast enough and the human head can't take precise shots from talented strikers. ALL of Conor's opponents got KO'd except Holloway. Aldo had never been KO'd before either. It's not even relevant what happened to them before. EVERYBODY gets KO'd against Conor.

Holloway avoided it by having fantastic footwork himself, and by the fight largely being on the ground. Lombard does not have Holloway's footwork and won't be able to avoid getting shot after shot cleanly on his chin. How would he NOT get KO'd? Using what, his footwork? Timing? Speed? Angles? Really, what would he use?

His stubby arms wouldn't ever get a hold of Conor. He can't reach Conor to hit him. He can't react fast enough to prevent getting clean, precise shots landed. What skill would he employ??

Not only would Conor KO him, he'd probably do it in one round. Lombard is slow enough to literally eat 10 shots in a row. I can't even imagine how it would be competitive.

The only WW I see being a strong favourite over Conor is Wonderboy. GSP if he comes back and maybe Maia, although I wonder if he could get Conor down. Guys like Lombard don't want to strike with guys like Conor or WB. Lombard is a punching bag for anyone with that level of footwork.

Did you see Hendrix vs WB? I picture it being similar.
I bet Lombard Vs Conor would look Like Matt Hughes Vs Royce Gracie. Conor would get throw to ground and tap to ground and pound... again... Conor fan are the worst... (and I Like Conor!!!!)

Depends if he gets given ideal matchups. Rory and Lawler are honestly two of the easier matchups as they would be willing to strike, whereas a guy like Maia or Lombard would completely ragdoll him.

Back