Conor!! could this possibly be done?

Get's a fortuitous KO against Aldo and all of a sudden Conor is a punching machine who can knock anyone out?

He won't KO anyone legit at LW and he couldn't even KO anyone else except Aldo at FW. He got a bunch of TKO's against some cans and a 2 week Mendes. Let's stop pretending he's something he clearly isn't.
He's a top guy for sure, but he's gonna get toe tagged next month against RDA.

He's a top guy for sure, but he's gonna get toe tagged next month against RDA.

I'm not saying he isn't a top fighter but this outlandish BS about him being able to step up against naturally bigger, stronger fighters and having a chance is ridiculous.

Get's a fortuitous KO against Aldo and all of a sudden Conor is a punching machine who can knock anyone out?

He won't KO anyone legit at LW and he couldn't even KO anyone else except Aldo at FW. He got a bunch of TKO's against some cans and a 2 week Mendes. Let's stop pretending he's something he clearly isn't.

Well so far he has either been very lucky, or a fighter on another level. He has dominated everyone. And lets face it, the only thing that really matters in a short camp is maybe your Cardio. Mendes got knocked out in 2. And with a Full camp knocked out in 66 sec. By Edgar who decisions everybody . Until Connor gets beat no one really knows. I dont see Dos Anjos beating him

Something he isn't? I'm pretty sure he's the FW champion. But hey, keep on hating. I see you decided to use the old "call Conor's opponents cans to discredit Conor" technique of hating. Very original. I bet you had Poirier beating him, didn't you? Maybe you even thought Silver was going to be the one.

How much money did you bet on Aldo?

Something he isn't? I'm pretty sure he's the FW champion. But hey, keep on hating. I see you decided to use the old "call Conor's opponents cans to discredit Conor" technique of hating. Very original. I bet you had Poirier beating him, didn't you? Maybe you even thought Silver was going to be the one.

How much money did you bet on Aldo?

I don't bet but I had Aldo to destroy him. That doesn't detract from my original point which is true. Your comment is irrelevant.

I'm not saying he isn't a top fighter but this outlandish BS about him being able to step up against naturally bigger, stronger fighters and having a chance is ridiculous.
I agree, this is that Ronda Rousey level delusion. That "beating Cain under the right circumstances", that "beat all of the women in my division with one arm tied behind me back", that "I'd beat Mayweather in boxing" delusion. It's over the top. And people never learn, lol. It's usually just casual fans and young teens who don't know shit about MMA and have no idea what they're talking about who latch onto Conor's ever word. Conor doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell against RDA, much less Lawler. And oh my, once Wonderboy wins the strap at 170, loFUCKINGllllll at him having any luck going up to take that belt.

If Conor would tone it down a few notches, him AND his entourage, and he could learn to stay in his fucking lane, take one loss to shave off his annoying ass fairweather kid fans, come back from adversity and do big things, I might could actually like the guy. But this shit about going up to 155 is ALREADY too much. He hasn't even defended the FW strap. How the hell is he getting a crack at 155?

yaWDBC8.gif

Welter is the death zone for McGregor. Its like climbing Everest with no oxygen. Lawler, Maia, Condit, Hendricks, Wonderboy, etc. I would think that moving to Welter and losing would hurt McGregor's brand and he knows enough to not try it. Hard to say though, a game pit will attack an alligator. Why? Because he's tough? No, because he's stupid and thinks he can whoop anything.

Conor doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell against RDA, much less Lawler.

Hmmm, you talk about delusional, etc., but then say something like this.

Saying Conor has no chance vs RDA is same as vice versa. Pretty wrong, if you ask me.
At least until we actually see them fight.

i.e. Before Aldo - Conor fight, I said anything could happen. If you asked me now, I'd tell you Aldo is someone who used to be an obstacle, but now isn't. In such way the he shouldn't even be mentioned, considering how many, larger, obsatcles await.

If Conor is who I think he is, he can and will beat RDA. If he beats RDA, I would give Conor 50% vs Lawler for sure.
Against some other WW's....well, more vs some, less vs others. But Lawler, it's 50/50, mostly depending on whether Conor can stand the power.

(this post should have been much shorter, but oh well xD)

As much as I like Connor and what he's doing, the 170 title is out of the question

I agree, this is that Ronda Rousey level delusion. That "beating Cain under the right circumstances", that "beat all of the women in my division with one arm tied behind me back", that "I'd beat Mayweather in boxing" delusion. It's over the top. And people never learn, lol. It's usually just casual fans and young teens who don't know shit about MMA and have no idea what they're talking about who latch onto Conor's ever word. Conor doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell against RDA, much less Lawler. And oh my, once Wonderboy wins the strap at 170, loFUCKINGllllll at him having any luck going up to take that belt.

If Conor would tone it down a few notches, him AND his entourage, and he could learn to stay in his fucking lane, take one loss to shave off his annoying ass fairweather kid fans, come back from adversity and do big things, I might could actually like the guy. But this shit about going up to 155 is ALREADY too much. He hasn't even defended the FW strap. How the hell is he getting a crack at 155?
No it isn't, you're just being a little pussy.

How is it delusional for any fan to believe that a supremely talented male striker like Conor McGregor (5'9" & 74" reach), who happens to hit like a WW can beat a guy like Robbie Lawler (5'11" & 74" reach) who is very east to hit?

I mean it's not like he wouldn't be able to bulk up a bit for the fight.

If you think that's the same as Ronda beating Cain you're an idiot.

Don't forget BJ Penn who will be returning as a FW beat Matt Hugues for the WW title.

Sure size matter's, but it's not the be all and end all.

Hmmm, you talk about delusional, etc., but then say something like this.

Saying Conor has no chance vs RDA is same as vice versa. Pretty wrong, if you ask me.
At least until we actually see them fight.

i.e. Before Aldo - Conor fight, I said anything could happen. If you asked me now, I'd tell you Aldo is someone who used to be an obstacle, but now isn't. In such way the he shouldn't even be mentioned, considering how many, larger, obsatcles await.

If Conor is who I think he is, he can and will beat RDA. If he beats RDA, I would give Conor 50% vs Lawler for sure.
Against some other WW's....well, more vs some, less vs others. But Lawler, it's 50/50, mostly depending on whether Conor can stand the power.

(this post should have been much shorter, but oh well xD)
Bye bye dumbass. You're blocked until the fight is over. Then I will unblock you to roast your ass well done. I'm not gonna ready stupid shit and go back and forth with virgin teens.

How is it delusional for any fan to believe that a supremely talented male striker like Conor McGregor (5'9" & 74" reach), who happens to hit like a WW can beat a guy like Robbie Lawler (5'11" & 74" reach) who is very east to hit?

Don't forget BJ Penn who will be returning as a FW beat Matt Hugues for the WW title.

Bye bye bitchboy you're joining him on block. This is my way of racking up names of the little bitches I get to come back and roast when RDA smokes Conor.

Hendricks is 5'9", same height as McGregor, and he looked dwarfed against Wonderboy. You can imagine McGregor trying to deal with a guy that is that big, with that much reach in his kicks and punches, and who also is a better striker. Its an absolute nightmare for a guy like McGregor. He might try to fight Lawler but even that seems incredibly unlikely to me. The jump from 155 to 170 is 15 pounds of muscle. That is a rather large amount, its a huge body change. Look at Hendricks for example, 5'9", same height as McGregor.

20140729072307_1MG_1555.JPG

Huge build difference between him and McGregor. Have a look at another 5'9" Welter, Tyron Woodley

20140521121335_IMG_2925.JPG

So in order for McGregor to go up to Welter his entire body shape has to change. This doesn't even touch on all the fighters that are taller like 6'0" Wonderboy or 6'1" Condit. I just don't think Conor would ever make the jump, its too much.

Bye bye bitchboy you're joining him on block. This is my way of racking up names of the little bitches I get to come back and roast when RDA smokes Conor.
Shit, a guy who joined yesterday blocked me.....

How will ever get over this.o_O

I'm sure any WW could KO Max Holloway.....

Well so far he has either been very lucky, or a fighter on another level. He has dominated everyone. And lets face it, the only thing that really matters in a short camp is maybe your Cardio. Mendes got knocked out in 2. And with a Full camp knocked out in 66 sec. By Edgar who decisions everybody . Until Connor gets beat no one really knows. I dont see Dos Anjos beating him

Agreed but Mendes gassed after round 1.

Bye bye dumbass. You're blocked until the fight is over. Then I will unblock you to roast your ass well done. I'm not gonna ready stupid shit and go back and forth with virgin teens.

I wrote a normal post stating my opinion and all you do is insult me.

No need to unblock me, I won't answer to your posts anymore since I can see you're an asshole or just acting like one.
Either way, I could care less.

Ok so he has the belt at 145 and is now fighting for the 155 belt. Say he defeats RDA(which would be awesome but not going to happen) and earns the 155 title. Can he really go after the 170lb title? I can't imagine it but is it really doable??

I wonder if he demanded it, would it be granted to him? Another thing is, was he really serious when he said that?

Sorry to break it to you but it most certainly is going to happen. conor has fought numerous times at LW and has ko'd guys in the 1st round, just as he did at FW. RDA is a slower, sloppier version of aldo, with more aggression. He's going to get countered and put out. End of story.

Back