Conor completely changed his style for the Diaz rematch, will he do the same for khabib?

ivory suit

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
For the 2nd Diaz fight, Conor approached it very differently

He used leg kicks
He didn’t headhunt
And he conserved his energy

He’s got great fight IQ. How do you think he approaches the khabib fight?

The fact that it took him two tries to figure out the Anti Diaz gameplan tells me that he does not have great fight IQ. If you mean do I think he'll play it safe against Khabib? I think so.

Last edited:
Here's how the fight's gonna go
Khabib flying double knee -> close the distance -> takedown -> smash begins

ClearcutEnragedAmurstarfish.gif

For the 2nd Diaz fight, Conor approached it very differently

He used leg kicks
He didn’t headhunt
And he conserved his energy

He’s got great fight IQ. How do you think he approaches the khabib fight?
Being thrown everywhere honestly. He also said he hated throwing leg kicks after that fight cause he hurt himself lol but Khabib knows what he's about to do. So does Conor.

Yes, Id say he will wear something double breasted in a nice shade of blue with a nice matching waistcoat and possibly a new hairstyle..

Conserved his energy and still gassed out. The only thing he did different was throw leg kicks instead of his flashy kicks. A great fight IQ is someone who can change tactics in the middle of a fight. Conor didn't do that.

Being thrown everywhere honestly. He also said he hated throwing leg kicks after that fight cause he hurt himself lol but Khabib knows what he's about to do. So does Conor.

Conor’s smart. He’ll try something different. Not sure if 8 weeks is long enough to prepare tho

Conserved his energy and still gassed out. The only thing he did different was throw leg kicks instead of his flashy kicks. A great fight IQ is someone who can change tactics in the middle of a fight. Conor didn't do that.

He won round 4, so maybe he didn’t gas out as much as you think.

Well he obviously has been and will continue to train a lot of grappling to do the best he can to shore up those holes. But I think he basically goes in and fights his typical fight. Stay long use your striking and effectively counter. That’s how he hurts people. That’s how he puts them away.

Conor’s smart. He’ll try something different. Not sure if 8 weeks is long enough to prepare tho

He’s been preparing to fight this guy for some time.. He knew this fight was inevitable.

Here's how the fight's gonna go
Khabib flying double knee -> close the distance -> takedown -> smash begins

ClearcutEnragedAmurstarfish.gif

Conor would've landed at least 3 or 4 clean punches in the exact sequence shown in the gif lol

It would be retarded on Khabib's part to throw any reckless striking in attempt to close the distance. He needs to keep the high guard and faint constantly.

I'm thinking he knew he'd end up fighting Khabib and has likely been training for his style for a while already.

It’s not but I’ll bet he has been preparing for a while now

Conor would've landed at least 3 or 4 clean punches in the exact sequence shown in the gif lol

It would be retarded on Khabib's part to throw any reckless striking in attempt to close the distance. He needs to keep the high guard and faint constantly.

A flying knee isn't that reckless when done right. It's pretty damn hard to defend against and forces the opponents to move and it forces their posture upwards, which allows khabib to change levels fairly safely. It looks reckless, but it's actually a calculated way for khabib to push people back before level changing and getting his opponent to the fence.

I doubt he'll look to conserve or leg kick a great deal.

Its just going to be down to the first couple of minutes, precision will be everything.

If it goes out of the first round, its highly unlikely he wins.

A flying knee isn't that reckless. It's pretty damn hard to defend against and forces the opponents to move and it forces their posture upwards, which allows khabib to change levels fairly safely. It looks reckless, but it's actually a calculated way for khabib to push people back before level changing and getting his opponent to the fence.
6GKA7Lb.gif

fedor-arlovski-4.gif

Flying knee 9/10 leaves your chin open wide in the air. Initiating it against a sharp&fast counter striker who has a significant reach advantage over you is not wise.

Last edited:
if conor can stay off the cage he wins. If he can’t, he gets wrestled to death

6GKA7Lb.gif

Flying knee 9/10 leave your chin open wide in the air. Initiating it against a sharp counter striker who has a significant reach advantage over you is not wise.

Okay. that was very telegraphed lol. He may as well have said, "on your mark, get set..you ready? here I come...go" Khabib doesn't just stand right in front of the guy and let his opponent plant his feet then jump lol.

We'll see how things go. Conor definitely has a big chance of winning this fight.

Back