Conor claims that he will be the terminator after recovery with a metal insertion

I am sure it's very difficult to get over the mental barrier; to break your leg and then come back and kick again with the same leg. So this is just something he needs to tell himself to help with the psychology of it.
I don’t think that guy even believes his own bullshit anymore. He knows by know he is just not physically as good a fighter as the elite at LW. And beating a lower ranked fighter like a Cerrone doesn’t help you when you face a guy like Dustin. Conor is simply in over his head, and he knows it.

The talk is for all his little fans scurrying around to the tune of his magic flute. But even they aren’t buying it anymore. It’s strictly trolls that spout nonsense anymore. Even casuals understand getting your ass beat 3 fights in a row in a division.

He got tagged with one clean
Tagged clean and didn't get ko'd, backed off wanting more stand up to stop the glove grabbing and knowing he could put Conor away, Doesn't sound like someone who was almost ko'd at all

Who said anything about a professional setting :p
<{1-16}><{1-16}>
200.gif

Why did you post of gif of Dana white beating up Michael buffer?

Well that's what he thinks.
That's what any non-retard thinks.
You won't be breaking the medal of it, but you'll be able to break the bolt edges on the bones as it will not be stronger than his previous more healthy body, and you can break it away from the bones if you hit it just right. and the effort and force won't have to be as strong as what caused the injury.
People don't become stronger or more durable when they get injury repairing implant... don't be a retard.

Some guys seem to have a better chin after some titanium in their jaw.
RDA and Arthur Abraham did pretty well since they got it.

Do you........do your the jawbone is what causes people to get knocked out?

More mental gymnastics to cope

I’ve had the same injury tib/fib fracture just above the ankle when I was about 30, a guy got thrown on my leg when I was sprawled and it gave, mine similar to Conor’s was a closed fracture. I opted not to get the rod and pins specifically because I was a Paratroop and I’d be pulled off of airborne status, additionally my orthopedic doctor’s explanation of the after effects once hardware is put in the body made it seem like a short term fix with more long term implications (pain/possible ROM issues with the ankle). I was told no hardware would take a bit longer to heal, anyway I was in the gym in 4 months, running on a treadmill in 6 months, roadwork at 8, back to airborne operations by 10 months. It honestly took 2 years for it to fully heal to where I didn’t notice or wasn’t conscious of the injury, That being said I never fully reached my old potential after the injury while doing certain exercises like heavy squats and deadlifts, under a heavy load my ankle would always feel as if it was about to explode. Also I continued playing competitive hockey and I was noticeably weaker when stopping and to my right side, I think those were the mental blocks you were talking about.

I was going to ask you if you thought it was a mental block with you thinking your leg is going to break or was it really weak and starting to fracture/break because it didn't fully heal. The mental aspect is real, it takes longer to recover from the mental aspect of an injury sometimes than the physical recovery of it. It's happen with me with multiple injuries, I tend to take extra precaution if I get injured/fractured/bruised anywhere I had a serious injury I've recovered from. I've seen it in others as well, like the examples of the fighters that stopped kicking after breaking their shins.

I am sure it's very difficult to get over the mental barrier; to break your leg and then come back and kick again with the same leg. So this is just something he needs to tell himself to help with the psychology of it.
Yes, and after loosing to the same guy twice after he beat Dustin like ten years ago. Dustin is too good.

Imagine coming into a Karate forum and spending 90% of your time washing another guy’s balls? Your family must be proud?

Conor Blessed my Bum life bro. Least I can do is lick his balls clean.

And we all know Conor’s strength is his mental fortitude right??

I’ve had the same injury tib/fib fracture just above the ankle when I was about 30, a guy got thrown on my leg when I was sprawled and it gave, mine similar to Conor’s was a closed fracture. I opted not to get the rod and pins specifically because I was a Paratroop and I’d be pulled off of airborne status, additionally my orthopedic doctor’s explanation of the after effects once hardware is put in the body made it seem like a short term fix with more long term implications (pain/possible ROM issues with the ankle). I was told no hardware would take a bit longer to heal, anyway I was in the gym in 4 months, running on a treadmill in 6 months, roadwork at 8, back to airborne operations by 10 months. It honestly took 2 years for it to fully heal to where I didn’t notice or wasn’t conscious of the injury, That being said I never fully reached my old potential after the injury while doing certain exercises like heavy squats and deadlifts, under a heavy load my ankle would always feel as if it was about to explode. Also I continued playing competitive hockey and I was noticeably weaker when stopping and to my right side, I think those were the mental blocks you were talking about.
This is an outstanding post and very much in line with what we see clinically after said injuries. For those who think Conor will return to form if not better, I’ve got a bridge to sell you…

This is an outstanding post and very much in line with what we see clinically after said injuries. For those who think Conor will return to form if not better, I’ve got a bridge to sell you…

I was going to ask you if you thought it was a mental block with you thinking your leg is going to break or was it really weak and starting to fracture/break because it didn't fully heal. The mental aspect is real, it takes longer to recover from the mental aspect of an injury sometimes than the physical recovery of it. It's happen with me with multiple injuries, I tend to take extra precaution if I get injured/fractured/bruised anywhere I had a serious injury I've recovered from. I've seen it in others as well, like the examples of the fighters that stopped kicking after breaking their shins.

If he’s ever going to get back to prime form it’ll be a slow road, I actually think that he’s driven enough and delusional to capture back his 2016 form...

**If he’s able to focus on MMA, branch out his training and most importantly balance the multimillionaire fastlane partying lifestyle**

On a personal note, I just eventually came to the conclusion that my lower leg had completely healed, and I was never going to get back to my prior form regardless of what I did, adjusted and moved on, since I replied to this thread and we’ve been going back and forth I’ve started relooking the injury and the limitations it’s placed on me.

My 8 year old son plays hockey and was finally able to talk me onto the ice for open hockey, So there I was playing hockey two days ago, it had been about 6 months since I’ve been on skates and a few years since I’ve tried playing quasi-competitively. Similarly to riding a bike you never fully lose it, but it’s definitely a perishable skill, so after being schooled up by the kids, I came to the conclusion that I just need to suck it up and practice regularly to see where my baseline actually is. In reality the skills are still there, the problem lies with getting my legs to do what my brain is telling them...lol. To be honest although it’s physically painful, mostly the days after, besides pushing 50 years old, there’s a limited shelf life to how long I can actually do this physically. I’d hate to look back and realize that I could’ve spent time working with my boy firsthand on the ice improving and teaching him, yet forfeited that privilege to someone else. Point is I’m relooking the mental block theory with my skating and would like to attempt to put in the time and reps to possibly push past it. The break occurred in Oct 2002, so maybe I can get back my original ROM and strength in the ankle if I truly just focus on the skating aspect of the injury...

Regardless if it works out or not I’d like to say thank you Sherbro’s, you’ve unknowingly opened up a can of worms, in retrospect it’s something that has never really sat well with me, who knows maybe a subtle push from you can get me back to enjoying something I used to love but sorta gave up on.

Back