Conor claims that he will be the terminator after recovery with a metal insertion

Swepingright

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is he being naive? Have fighters come back and kicked well with those insertions?

Do we have anyone as a source?

Is he being naive? Have fighters come back and kicked well with those insertions?

Do we have anyone as a source?
giphy.gif

3oc6.gif

Dustin might end up wrapping this up for a third time within a year by December :rolleyes:

I am sure it's very difficult to get over the mental barrier; to break your leg and then come back and kick again with the same leg. So this is just something he needs to tell himself to help with the psychology of it.

I am sure it's very difficult to get over the mental barrier; to break your leg and then come back and kick again with the same leg. So this is just something he needs to tell himself to help with the psychology of it.

He can't break it again. That's the point.

This. It's like this for any break. Everyone is scared to throw full power with it even after it's healed. Takes some time to get used to it and some people just never get over the possibility of it breaking bad again and never really throw with it, or throw hard with it. I was like that when I first broke my hands and took me awhile to throw full power. But after breaking my knuckles multiple times the mental block was gone. I even completely shattered my knuckle and had to let it fuse back together in bunch of broken pieces. The injuries gave me a better understanding about how the bones heal and it always healed back stronger once fully healed. If it breaks, it breaks, just can't be worried about it too much. But from a fresh injury it's always going to be in the back of your head.

Most people that do a complete break on their shin never really throw hard kicks with it afterwards. Most likely a mental block with the injury even though it's fully healed. An injury like that and even if he has a metal rod it's still going to hurt when he kicks. I think he may be assuming there will be no pain. There's still a lot of areas where it will hurt, especially around the screws. Plus the pain will still be there unless the nerve endings were affected by the surgery. Which may happen depending on where they cut his leg open.

We'll see though. Knowing Conor he will most likely show himself kicking something with his leg once it's healed. If he doesn't and he fights before showing any hard kicks with his leg, I doubt he'll be using it in the fight.

Last edited:
Some guys seem to have a better chin after some titanium in their jaw.
RDA and Arthur Abraham did pretty well since they got it.

On the leg, dunno, probably depends on the individual broken bone.
UFC probably allows him to get some extra benefit.

QUOTE="Clementine, post: 165678323, member: 536817"]
giphy.gif

3oc6.gif

Dustin might end up wrapping this up for a third time within a year by December :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

stop living vicariously

Back