Conor can easily stay on the outside and counter Diaz to a win

I guess. It can be seen both ways i guess. I equate timing to speed because you have to be quick enough to react and act without getting "timed" back.
I see. I dont really know alot about the technical side of MMA but I enjoy learning about it. I see how you equate it to speed. I also think that anticipation helps with the timing. Kind of knowing whats coming. Conor talks about this. He wanted to get that first shot on Aldo knowing Aldo would rush in trying to get him back. From then it was just staying ready and waiting on it. I dont think Conor is faster than Aldo it was his anticipation.

People say Aldo was out of character but i dont see it. I see Aldo use that same approach in all his fights. He picks times to come forward very aggressively putting his opponent on their heels allowing him to combo. Only thing here was Conor didnt fall back on his heels he lunged forward and beat him to the punch. He was waiting.

Only if he wants to eat Nate's jab like a sandwich.

I'm pretty sure by this gif, we have established that Nate dishes out whipped cream pies.
5gMB9Xd.gif

Respect the gif.

A fourth round KO could be done by staying on the outside and countering, TS.

Also lol at all the shertard haters. Watch Firas breakdown and learn something from someone that knows his shit.
I will watch this. Thanks for mentioning it. I have not seen it.

But his Ego is too big.

He is surrounded by people that think he is a god. His whole country and countrymen think he is "not quite human. "

It will be his downfall.

Imagine he had a coach like Firas Zahabi who isn't kissing his ass all the time. Conor's coach has already said Conor will finish Diaz in Round 4. What a clusterfuck.
This analysis would have been great for McGregor-Diaz I. Now it's old, stale, and useless.

Definitely not saying that Conor can do it, but yes, it is possible to fight on the outside against a taller, rangier fighter with a good jab. It can only be done if you have superior speed, timing, accuracy and stamina.

Kinda like what Shevchenko did to Holm, who is 2 inches taller with a 2 inch reach advantage as well. She had superior timing and speed and was able to fight and beat Holm by staying outside.

Good post. I`d say Tyson before prison was a very good example how to outpunch bigger opponents but the problem seems to be how limited Conors offensive arsenal is these days. Played too much touchbutt instead adding new weapons. Or Hagler against Hearns. What a fight.

Best strategy imo would be fighting at arms distance and avoid Nates 1-2 with vertical movement and instant counter. Pressure Nate and adjust your cover to a more defensive position. No moving back in straight lines and then attack. Takes too much time and is more or less useless against Nate. Problem is I doubt Conor has the footwork skills to implement this. He could mix it up with close range and some brutal elbow/knee attacks but again we have never seen that from Conor. Problem with predicting this fight is that Conor needs to implement new movements and attacks. Time for a movement coach :D

Contrary to some posters he is not a great boxer but I think he adapts fast and if he went into the right direction in training he can execute it.

I`d say fight is 70/30 in favor of Nate. As Nate I would at the start begin with pure 1-1 combinations to frustrate Conor and sapp his energy until opening up later with changing bodyhook and Jab/Overhand attacks

Good post. I`d say Tyson before prison was a very good example how to outpunch bigger opponents but the problem seems to be how limited Conors offensive arsenal is these days. Played too much touchbutt instead adding new weapons. Or Hagler against Hearns. What a fight.

Best strategy imo would be fighting at arms distance and avoid Nates 1-2 with vertical movement and instant counter. Pressure Nate and adjust your cover to a more defensive position. No moving back in straight lines and then attack. Takes too much time and is more or less useless against Nate. Problem is I doubt Conor has the footwork skills to implement this. He could mix it up with close range and some brutal elbow/knee attacks but again we have never seen that from Conor. Problem with predicting this fight is that Conor needs to implement new movements and attacks. Time for a movement coach :D

Contrary to some posters he is not a great boxer but I think he adapts fast and if he went into the right direction in training he can execute it.

I`d say fight is 70/30 in favor of Nate. As Nate I would at the start begin with pure 1-1 combinations to frustrate Conor and sapp his energy until opening up later with changing bodyhook and Jab/Overhand attacks
Conor has a tough road to win this fight no doubt about it. I am a huge Conor Mcgregor fan but i picked Nate to win the first one and I think he wins this one as well. Will be very impressed and excited for the future of Conor Mcgegor if he can improve and adapt so well in a few months.

Before Conor was a pressure fighter, he was a counter striker. He had just knocked out the #1 P4P fighter in the world in thirteen seconds and probably felt that there was no way some unremarkable fighter straight off the couch could ever dream to take his shots and keep coming forward. Now he knows that Nate isn't going to just fold like the rest of the bums at Featherweight and I'm sure he'll be prepared. Conor is the better boxer. Nate will go down in the fourth.
You are burning my retinas

How can he sit on the outside and counter when Nate's reach is much greater than his?

I see. I dont really know alot about the technical side of MMA but I enjoy learning about it. I see how you equate it to speed. I also think that anticipation helps with the timing. Kind of knowing whats coming. Conor talks about this. He wanted to get that first shot on Aldo knowing Aldo would rush in trying to get him back. From then it was just staying ready and waiting on it. I dont think Conor is faster than Aldo it was his anticipation.

See the Twood vs Lawler fight. Same thing, but it worked for Twood.

Back