Conor can easily stay on the outside and counter Diaz to a win

TrumanBurbank

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
But his Ego is too big.

He is surrounded by people that think he is a god. His whole country and countrymen think he is "not quite human. "

It will be his downfall.

Imagine he had a coach like Firas Zahabi who isn't kissing his ass all the time. Conor's coach has already said Conor will finish Diaz in Round 4. What a clusterfuck.

Only if he wants to eat Nate's jab like a sandwich.

Conor needs more than a left straight and overhand to counter Diaz on the outside all night long.

Nate has the reach, pushes a high pace Conor has already folded too, is much better conditioned and capable of fighting high paced later on, has a much better jab that will control some of the initiative and setup combos and pressure Conor.

This isnt a video game. Conor isnt gonna be on the outside all 5 rounds countering. Conor moves forward thats who he is, thats in his personality and reflected in his fighting style. Switching it up would be bad news.

But his Ego is too big.

He is surrounded by people that think he is a god. His whole country and countrymen think he is "not quite human. "

It will be his downfall.

Imagine he had a coach like Firas Zahabi who isn't kissing his ass all the time. Conor's coach has already said Conor will finish Diaz in Round 4. What a clusterfuck.

How the hell is he gonna stay on the outside against a guy who has the reach advantage and who is known for breaking guys down with his jab? If Conor plays that game he is done. His best chance is to do what he did in the first fight and throw bombs. He's just gotta hope to hit the perfect spot with one of them because he's not gonna win a decision.

Staying on the outside doesn't work when you are smaller and facing someone that uses his reach well. I could see Conor trying the Condit/Diaz approach of angles and jumping in and out, but still, he's too small for that to work.

In the immortal words of Supertramp. ...

Dreamer... you're nothing but a dreamer.

But his Ego is too big.

It will be his downfall.

Ego too big? You mean arms too short. Stfu dumbass

Before Conor was a pressure fighter, he was a counter striker. He had just knocked out the #1 P4P fighter in the world in thirteen seconds and probably felt that there was no way some unremarkable fighter straight off the couch could ever dream to take his shots and keep coming forward. Now he knows that Nate isn't going to just fold like the rest of the bums at Featherweight and I'm sure he'll be prepared. Conor is the better boxer. Nate will go down in the fourth.

LOL how the hell do u counter someone with a longer reach than u if your on the outside waiting....if he stays on the outside then please replay gsp vs kos

Conor might be able to do this:

59dc6-11natediazvs-joshthomson3.gif

Let's be real, it is possib........... nah fuck that...!!!

ufc-196-diaz-watermarked.gif

It'll be more of this.

If Connor gave Diaz his best shot times and times in the fight and then got killed, how the hell would the 2nd fight differ, especially when u give nate a proper training camp

Diaz by murder

cmac can easily stay on the outside and watch LWs determine a deserving, defending champ

If anyon
Only if he wants to eat Nate's jab like a sandwich.
This.
If anyone wins this on the outside its Diaz. Almost the rangiest 1-2 I've ever seen.
Conor needs to be completely out of range, in range, strike, then move, quickly.

Lets see how Diaz chin holds up, eventually it's going to go on him like all the other fighters that had solid chins in the past. That said I think Diaz still beats Conor but it will be a longer fight. If the fight goes longer then 2 rounds Diaz will win.

Before Conor was a pressure fighter, he was a counter striker. He had just knocked out the #1 P4P fighter in the world in thirteen seconds and probably felt that there was no way some unremarkable fighter straight off the couch could ever dream to take his shots and keep coming forward. Now he knows that Nate isn't going to just fold like the rest of the bums at Featherweight and I'm sure he'll be prepared. Conor is the better boxer. Nate will go down in the fourth.

Better boxer? How?

Then he would never finish.

... as in sexually?

Conor finishes from having his ass kissed by Kavanagh??
Well... cant say I'm surprised:
2A553C9200000578-0-image-a-16_1436354702954.jpg

That is a lovely purse he has there

... as in sexually?

Conor finishes from having his ass kissed by Kavanagh??
Well... cant say I'm surprised:
2A553C9200000578-0-image-a-16_1436354702954.jpg

That is a lovely purse he has there
It's his purse that bothers you??? What bothered me is that he has his girl's skinny jeans on.

Back