Media Conor butchers RDA

Fact:

In the last 4 years (2017-2020) Conor only fought Khabib (as a totally undeserved title shot) and Cerrone.

Meanwhile, RDA fought 9 times in the same period, mostly against WW monsters like Usman, Covington, Edwards etc.

There is not really a debate here who is a twitter clown and who is a true martial artist and warrior.

Rematch goes RDA by toe hold in the first round.

They aren't going to have a rematch and even if they did I don't think that would ever happen. Alvarez's submission defense has improved lot since his loss to Aoki in 2008 and Aoki's submission game is way better than RDA's.

I still think you quoted the wrong person the first time, as I have know idea why you are bringing up leglocks and toe holds when I was talking about Alvarez and RDA. RDA has never won a fight via any sort of leg submission.

They aren't going to have a rematch and even if they did I don't think that would ever happen. Alvarez's submission defense has improved lot since his loss to Aoki in 2008 and Aoki's submission game is way better than RDA's.

I still think you quoted the wrong person the first time, as I have know idea why you are bringing up leglocks and toe holds when I was talking about Alvarez and RDA. RDA has never won a fight via any sort of leg submission.
... was referring to when Eddie embarrassed himself on a tv show while demonstrating a submission with sage. He was showing a heel hook and called it a toe hold. Know ur mma memes, bro.

I think he does, too. Conor is many things but slow and flat-footed isn't one of them. RDA is plodding. Conor would piece him up from range unless RDA somehow has his head grow overnight again....

Does he really want to experience this assault again...?

"Free TV fighter". Nothing has changed. Actually, he's now beltless with zero to offer McGregor!

Conor's schtick doesn't work anymore, there's way to much ammo against him now and everyone just laughs it off at this point.

The days of getting into his opponents heads and making them fight emotionally are over.

What has conor done lately besides promoting his trash whiskey & expose himself?

Don’t you know, this is sherdog. Conor is supposed to lose to everyone.

Good guy always beats the bad guy, at least that’s what sherdog tells me.

Conor got his ass kicked by Nate Diaz. People can be forgiven for thinking that he might lose against championship-level opposition too.

It's the fight to make and RDA deserves it tbh.

I'm no conrad fan, but RDA had how much control time and couldn't finish a gatekeeper striker on short notice?

Conor unfortunately was born with a shut off left hand. If RDA gave up that many chances as he did Felder, he will end up on his ass.

Fair. The X factor with Conor is always the gas tank though. Look at him in round 3+ against Diaz and Khabib. If you can get there, he’s very manageable. RDA doesn’t need to hold him down for 25 minutes. He needs to stay safe and make him work for 10 minutes. After that, the game plan he executed against Felder should work fine.

Conor looked really good against Cerrone, so I think he has a good chance to get the stoppage here. But RDA is tough and battle tested. It’s an interesting fight.

Conor has lost twice in the UFC, once to khabib. the only close fight was the second diaz fight, the rest were brutal tko's. RDA will sleep.

Above featherweight he has 5 fights. Two stoppage wins, two stoppage losses, and one very close split decision. Let’s not act like nobody has eaten than left hand and lived to tell the tale.

Tough one to call.
RDA is probably not the fighter he was when they were originally matched up but then again neither is Conor.

The same year that RDA lost to Guida Conor was tapped out in less than a minute by Duffy. A lot can change in ten years.
Guita also has 5x as many top 10 LW wins as Conor and was never rocked and choked out by Nate Diaz so there's also that. Not to mention that "left hand" is vastly over rated, especially above 145.

Seems like everyone has been able to "take it" at least a half a dozen times so the question becomes can Conor take that RDA pressure long enough to stay on his feet without "gassing" for that "left hand" to become a factor.

RDA was getting outstruck on the feet by a guy training for a triathlon. He only won from pressure and grappling. A focused conor starches him like in the Mendes fight. And I am no Conor fanboy

RDA was getting outstruck on the feet by a guy training for a triathlon. He only won from pressure and grappling. A focused conor starches him like in the Mendes fight. And I am no Conor fanboy

Meanwhile Conor was getting outstruck and strangled by a guy who rolled off a cruise ship to show up and fight.

RDA struggles with wrestlers who are bigger than him. Conor is a walk in the park.

Above featherweight he has 5 fights. Two stoppage wins, two stoppage losses, and one very close split decision. Let’s not act like nobody has eaten than left hand and lived to tell the tale.
you pretty much repeated what i said.

Fact:

In the last 4 years (2017-2020) Conor only fought Khabib (as a totally undeserved title shot) and Cerrone.

Meanwhile, RDA fought 9 times in the same period, mostly against WW monsters like Usman, Covington, Edwards etc.

There is not really a debate here who is a twitter clown and who is a true martial artist and warrior.
username checks out

I think it would look a lot like the RDA/Felder fight, except with Conor being choked out at some point.

Back