Media Conor butchers RDA

Had to rescroll the thread to check that I read it right.... someone called Conor the best combat athlete?

The only solid grappler Conor could beat was featherweight Mendez and he was a midget compared to Conor, and still Conor got taken down by Mendez inside of 2 rounds.

RDA butchers Conor if he takes him down early, the guy wrestled with Welterweights and Khabib.

RDA has that titanium jaw though. Conor needs to put the left somewhere else on the dome.
But seriously, its an interesting fight for sure - more so than a rematch with Dustin or the silly notion of fighting Sanchez etc.

I'm no conrad fan, but RDA had how much control time and couldn't finish a gatekeeper striker on short notice?

Conor unfortunately was born with a shut off left hand. If RDA gave up that many chances as he did Felder, he will end up on his ass.
couldn't finish who? Conor lost to Nate Diaz... Nate Diaz!
RDA made Nate Diaz his bitch.
Even in the rematch Conor still got the piss beaten out of him in a close decision.
Lol, Nate Diaz.

I cant remember the last time canor beat a good fighter. RDA is way out of his prime but if he wrestles he could beat canor easily.

Ehm Conor has 3 wins in 5 years over nobodies and 2 losses.

If anything, Conor doesn't deserve to fight RDA...
Little confused by this, who are the nobodies you are referring to and additionally I'm wondering if you have issues counting because Conor has 4 wins in that time frame including one against arguably the FW Goat and one against both a Bellator and UFC champion. Equally to call both Diaz and Cowboy nobodies is awfully ignorant, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were trying to be edgy.

Little confused by this, who are the nobodies you are referring to and additionally I'm wondering if you have issues counting because Conor has 4 wins in that time frame including one against arguably the FW Goat and one against both a Bellator and UFC champion. Equally to call both Diaz and Cowboy nobodies is awfully ignorant, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were trying to be edgy.
Alvarez was a paper champion, definitely not the best LW in the division at the time, perhaps not even top 3, he got knocked out by Poirier later and some guy called Timofey Nastyukhin knocked out Alvarez earlier than Conor did. Alvarez is incredibly inconsistent guy, he usually mentally melts when he is under pressure, which is why he can't handle being a big favorite sometimes, as well as when the all eyes on him. He overperformed against RDA and Gaethje, only when he was a big underdog against the both (even against Gaethje he was underdog) and he was kind of lucky, and that was Gathje's second UFC fight, Gaethje got better after that lost.

Alvarez was a paper champion, definitely not the best LW in the division at the time, perhaps not even top 3, he got knocked out by Poirier later and some guy called Timofey Nastyukhin knocked out Alvarez earlier than Conor did. Alvarez is incredibly inconsistent guy, he usually mentally melts when he is under pressure, which is why he can't handle being a big favorite sometimes, as well as when the all eyes on him. He overperformed against RDA and Gaethje, only when he was a big underdog against the both (even against Gaethje he was underdog) and he was kind of lucky, and that was Gathje's second UFC fight, Gaethje got better after that lost.
For the record no Timofev knocked out Eddie after he finished up with the UFC and had moved to one, which was after Conor finished him. Incidentally I wasn't making an argument Eddie was some great champ I'm saying it was stupid to suggest he, Aldo or Cowboy or Diaz are remotely close to being nobodies.

Haha, that 'paper champion' killed a prime RDA in the first round.
Do you even know what lucky punch is? Lmao. He was dominating Alvarez, Alvarez's back was on the fence when that punch landed.

Do you even know what lucky punch is? Lmao.

In this case it's a punch thrown by a trained professional fighter which just happened to spark one of your favourite fighters clean out.

Only a moron would say that a punch thrown with the intention to knock someone out in a championship fight is lucky haha

For the record no Timofev knocked out Eddie after he finished up with the UFC and had moved to one, which was after Conor finished him. Incidentally I wasn't making an argument Eddie was some great champ I'm saying it was stupid to suggest he, Aldo or Cowboy or Diaz are remotely close to being nobodies.
I was saying that Alvarez is probably the only weak LW champion that Conor could beat at the time. Alvarez was no Tony Ferguson or RDA (yes despite beating RDA, it was a lucky punch), let alone Khabib. If Conor fought Tony he wouldn't be the 2 division champion, and there is %0 chance that he could beat Khabib, so that was my point, he wasn't a legit LW Champion. Even Dos Anjos is more legitimate LW Champion than Conor is, he has 1 title defense, Conor has 0.

Do you even know what lucky punch is? Lmao. He was dominating Alvarez, Alvarez's back was on the fence when that punch landed.
So punches that are thrown with your back against the fence are 'lucky' to you? hahahah

Also that's not true...rda was getting battered so much that the herb stepped in after eating about 15 punches with no reply

In this case it's a punch thrown by a trained professional fighter which just happened to spark one of your favourite fighters clean out.

Only a moron would say that a punch thrown with the intention to knock someone out in a championship fight is lucky haha
So punches that are thrown with your back against the fence are 'lucky' to you? hahahah

Also that's not true...rda was getting battered so much that the herb stepped in after eating about 15 punches with no reply
If you can't tell the difference between the two fighters during the fight, you should shut your mouth about it. Suddenly the guy who has been dominated in the fight, wins the fight with a single punch while being dominated, that's usually called lucky punch, or ''punchers chance'', that was all about Alvarez. Alvarez also knew that, which is why he went after Conor so he could get his money for one time since Conor could bring PPV money, he knew he was going to lose to any legit contender in his first title defense, Khabib or even Tony would destroy that guy, Alvarez was a paper champion, or a lucky punch champion for one time. RDA as well would beat that guy if they ever had a rematch.

If you can't tell the difference between the two fighters during the fight, you should shut your mouth about it. Suddenly the guy who has been dominated in the fight, wins the fight with a single punch while being dominated, that's usually called lucky punch, or ''punchers chance'', that was all about Alvarez. Alvarez also knew that, which is why he went after Conor so he could get his money for one time since Conor could bring PPV money, he knew he was going to lose to any legit contender in his first title defense, Khabib or even Tony would destroy that guy, Alvarez was a paper champion, or a lucky punch champion for one time.
You haven't watched the fight...there wasnt a single punch which ended it. Rda was pressuring eddie, got hit by a shot which rocked him and ended up getting battered by eddie and herb stepped in to stop it in the first round.

But yeah, rda was winning that first round until he lost hahaha

Go and watch the fight, you're embarrassing yourself

Back