Conor being respectful and not trash talking...

The only reason why he's being quiet is he doesn't want Cowboy firing shots about his rape allegations, old man at the bar incident, and other issues.

I'm sure the UFC told him to behave himself and told Cowboy not to bring up any embarrassing out of the cage behavior.

Dont act like Conrad is demonstrating good behavior because it's the right thing to do, it's more or less self preservation and the UFC trying to protect his image however tainted as it is

Firstly, I don’t know what you can say to rattle cowboy. Not only that, I don’t know that he wants verbal warfare with a guy who gives no fucks and tells it like it is.

Funny thing is, MMA fans are so bi polar. If he does talk , he talks too much. When he doesn't talk he doesn't talk enough. Let it be organic and just enjoy what they actually do, fight.

It's harder to trash talk anyone when people can bring up rape allegations about you. It's a bit like when Bill Cosby had to drop his "I'm America's Dad and I'll tell you what's wrong with the youth of today" role.

Thats what I was gonna say. Cerrones not one for talk either way but the potential stinging counters against Conor are numerous and heavy at this point. Even a simple "Im not an old man trying to enjoy some quality whisky at a pub," from Cowboy would cut deep.

Funny thing is, MMA fans are so bi polar. If he does talk , he talks too much. When he doesn't talk he doesn't talk enough. Let it be organic and just enjoy what they actually do, fight.
You're kidding right? Up till now when has McGregor not been obnoxious and talking shit? So yeah him being being relatively quiet and respectful is contrary to past behavior

Last edited:
He's gotten his stool pushed in enough now, that shit talking even seems dumb to him

Cowboy has been basically worshipping Conor since the fight was announced. He's really grateful that he's getting a well deserved red panty sendoff to his career

Conor knows the deal and it's hard for him to have any hate for Donald

to be honest you kinda wanna rattle cowboy that messes up his mind. im suprised conor is going with this strat maybe he is overconfident.

A few things:

1. Conor got beat his last fight.
2. He's matured, some.
3. He's at a crucial point in his career: lose and his brand is deminished, he's officially on the downswing career wise and he'll be seen as a has-been. Win and he's back in the conversation and just as relevant as he's ever been.

Most fans of the sport already hate his guts for the antics he did outside the cage. He is trying to win everybody back over with his fake humble approach.

Nah, Conor is keeping his big mouth shut because he lost his last fight in spectacular fashion, barely beat fringe top ten fighter in Nate Diaz and assaulted an old man at a pub.

Conor is keeping his mouth shut because he’s vulnerable to being made fun of. Nobody is buying it, at least, not at this moment. He needs a win to wash out people’s memories and beating old-man Cowboy will do just that, primarily for the casuals who only watch Conor.

Cowboy won’t bring up Conor’s losses and less than impressive outing in the Diaz rematch nor will he bring up the assault on the old man... I’m sure Dana stipulated all of this as a requirement for getting this high profile, lucrative fight.

If Conor wins, he’ll be more vocal, but never to his pre-Khabib days, as his aura and self-confidence have been broken. Cerrone is just what the doctor ordered to get Conor winning again.

The only reason why he's being quiet is he doesn't want Cowboy firing shots about his rape allegations, old man at the bar incident, and other issues.

I'm sure the UFC told him to behave himself and told Cowboy not to bring up any embarrassing out of the cage behavior.

Dont act like Conrad is demonstrating good behavior because it's the right thing to do, it's more or less self preservation and the UFC trying to protect his image however tainted as it is

This right here.

He's still playing mind games. It's just a different style. Cowboy is going to be paralyzed. He won't know what to do. Is Conor tricking him into doing or not doing something? Should he try to put on a show or win at any cost?

Shit talk does not work when you are 2-2 over the last four years.

The fact that its been respectful and cool makes the whole thing not real. It feels like a passive dream in regards to remembering few details here and there but the whole thing is an uneventful mundane memory that fades away from ones mind.

I don't man, I am just not feeling it. Perhaps Conor brings so much drama and boisterous personality that this build up feels weird. I mean, with Khabib it was shit talking, as was Floyd, Alvarez as well as Diaz and Aldo. Oh hell, he even shit talked Dennis The menace Siver by calling him a Nazi despite the fact that Dennis was born in the soviet union and moved to Germany in later life when he expressed interest in kickboxing which was big back then. Afterwards he learned judo and a bit of sambo but focused on judo and wrestling while favoring his kickboxing skills as his main bread winner in UFC fighting.

But now no more trash talking, its weird man!
When he knows he has his opponent beat, he has to big up his opponent or no one will buy the fight as it will seem too unfair.

Just how Floyd was hyping up Mcgregor as a big young strong prime athelte

Guys, I'm just not into this. Now that my guy isn't committing felonies and acting like a complete douchenozzle in the lead up to the fight. It's just a downer, maaaan.

Conor will show up to the press conference on Wednesday and say he is going to fold Cerrone in half in front of his grandmother or some shit.

His "gonna KO Floyd in the first round" and "ping Khabib's head off the canvas" trash talk didn't work out so well. He's just trying something different.

I just think Conor has made a conscious decision to stop wasting his energy on the hype.

For so long he was the performing monkey, and it earned him a shit load of money but at this stage of his career he probably feels the juice ain't worth the squeeze, especially in the new world of ESPN PPV's.

Back