Conor before Jose fight: "The manner I beat him there will be no need for a rematch"

? He beat him so badly, so completely that he left him unconscious, defenceless lying on the floor. That is way more devastating than how you describe. If this were gladiator combat Aldo would be dead and there would be no question of a rematch.
And if Jose and Azevedo were gladiators, Jose would've died in 2005. Similarly if Conor and Duffy were gladiators, Conor would've died in 2010.

And if both of them were dead gladiators, they never would've fought to the death in your theoretical gladiator combat in 2015.

Good thing they aren't gladiators, and don't fight to the death I guess.

That's one prediction he got wrong. Nearly all of us want to see that rematch. Jose Aldo is coming for that Lightweight belt!

jose aldo wasn't good enough to last more than 13 seconds, if they fight again he will get KO'd again in the first or second round after getting knocked down a once or twice, just like in most of conor's fights

aldo is not gonna chop his legs, submit him or i dunno what else idiots imagine he can do, he will simply throw shots and hit air while conor lands heavy shots on his chin till he collapses

but i dont think conor can make the weight anymore without ruining his body, if he tries to go back to 145 he will go down the roy jones road

Let's see them fight again then

It's risky. They planned a fight...went on a world wide tour and aldo pulled out with like 2 weeks to go...As he has done many times in his career....It's a huge risk.

jose aldo wasn't good enough to last more than 13 seconds, if they fight again he will get KO'd again in the first or second round after getting knocked down a once or twice, just like in most of conor's fights

aldo is not gonna chop his legs, submit him or i dunno what else idiots imagine he can do, he will simply throw shots and hit air while conor lands heavy shots on his chin till he collapses

but i dont think conor can make the weight anymore without ruining his body, if he tries to go back to 145 he will go down the roy jones road

Aldo's leg kicking days are over...for whatever reason, he simply doesn't use them that much anymore. Plus, conor would counter them with his straight left.

? He beat him so badly, so completely that he left him unconscious, defenceless lying on the floor. That is way more devastating than how you describe. If this were gladiator combat Aldo would be dead and there would be no question of a rematch.

Emote much? He KO'ed him that's all he did Doc the rest of your description is fanboy enthusiasm.

Jose still hasn't recovered from that one punch. He can't even remember the fight.

<18> He still hasn't realized what happened. I am starting to think that Aldo might have PTSD at this point.

If he beat the shit out of him for an extended period of time, yeah. That's not what happened though.

So in youre mind Conor vs Eddie was a more dominant victory than Conor vs Aldo?

If he beat the shit out of him for an extended period of time, yeah. That's not what happened though.

This exactly. If Conor absolutely pummeled Aldo for 5 rounds making him look like an absolute chump, I would say ok, Aldo had nothing for Conor, and got destroyed. But to say there is no need for a rematch because of a 1 punch KO is absurd. If Conor doesn't catch Aldo, who knows what happens. We have seen Aldo embarass people using his insane leg kicks (faber, edgar), and if he sticks to his gameplan in a rematch, I believe Aldo would be able to employ this same tactic. He has lightning quick reflexes, and will make conor miss a ton if he isn't lunging in at him trying to KO him with a wild right hook (when has Aldo ever done this other than the Conor fight?!?!?!). So yea, the only people who will say Aldo doesn't deserve a rematch is Conor nuthuggers, and of course Conor himself. All other TRUE MMA fans will say otherwise.

Nate did it because he could make a shit load of money. Conor is the mega draw, so again, what's in it for him?

Aldo won't do or say anything to help promote the fight and Conor couldn't top his previous performance. It's just like how Hendo didn't want to rematch Bisping until Bisping had something to offer.

What's in it for him? The featherweight title he doesn't have anymore?

How is it not? Conor neutralized Eddie from the get go, punished him for trying to come inside, shook him off every time he tried to clinch or take him down, and hurt him several times before putting him away. All the while he ate maybe a handful of punches. We saw what they brought to the table, and what Conor brought stifled everything Eddie brought.

What we saw with Aldo vs Conor was literally 2 punches landing. Conor landed, Aldo landed, Aldo dropped. That's not even close to the way Conor dismantled Eddie piece by piece.

If this were "gladiator combat" the whole roster would be dead.
fantastic argument...

How is it not? Conor neutralized Eddie from the get go, punished him for trying to come inside, shook him off every time he tried to clinch or take him down, and hurt him several times before putting him away. All the while he ate maybe a handful of punches. We saw what they brought to the table, and what Conor brought stifled everything Eddie brought.

What we saw with Aldo vs Conor was literally 2 punches landing. Conor landed, Aldo landed, Aldo dropped. That's not even close to the way Conor dismantled Eddie piece by piece.

In my mind total domination in fighting is to KO youre opponent using skill, not "luck". The faster the KO the more dominant IMO. Since the 13 sek punch was calculated and Aldo got hit while applying offence in hes usual reckless manner I find it more dominant. If Aldo did something hed never done before and Conor threw wild punches with hes eyes closed I wouldnt call the 13 sek KO dominant. Thats my way of thinking anyways.

In my mind total domination in fighting is to KO youre opponent using skill, not "luck". The faster the KO the more dominant IMO. Since the 13 sek punch was calculated and Aldo got hit while applying offence in hes usual reckless manner I find it more dominant. If Aldo did something hed never done before and Conor threw wild punches with hes eyes closed I wouldnt call the 13 sek KO dominant. Thats my way of thinking anyways.

I never said there wasn't skill involved in the 13 second KO. But a few things point to it having some degree of luck involved.

1: We've seen Aldo rocked maybe three times in his entire career.
2: Conor has never knocked anyone out with the first landed punch before.
3: If they fought 10 more times, how many times would you to bet a KO in under 30 seconds occurs? 1 Minute? 90 seconds? If they fought again immediately, as in once the Joe Rogan interview in the cage was over they put them back in their corners and said "we're doing this again" I still don't think Aldo would get knocked out again in under 60 seconds.

If the results can't be reproduced, chances are the result is something of an anomaly. Not in concept, but in the allotted time.

Not to mention, Aldo is not in the habit of being reckless. He comes forward, yes, but often enough he's already established a jab, and or leg kicks by then. Him rushing forward in the first ten seconds of the fight is uncharacteristic of him.

JDS before Cain first fight:
"The manner I beat him there will be no need for a rematch"

I never said there wasn't skill involved in the 13 second KO. But a few things point to it having some degree of luck involved.

1: We've seen Aldo rocked maybe three times in his entire career.
2: Conor has never knocked anyone out with the first landed punch before.
3: If they fought 10 more times, how many times would you to bet a KO in under 30 seconds occurs? 1 Minute? 90 seconds? If they fought again immediately, as in once the Joe Rogan interview in the cage was over they put them back in their corners and said "we're doing this again" I still don't think Aldo would get knocked out again in under 60 seconds.

If the results can't be reproduced, chances are the result is something of an anomaly. Not in concept, but in the allotted time.

Not to mention, Aldo is not in the habit of being reckless. He comes forward, yes, but often enough he's already established a jab, and or leg kicks by then. Him rushing forward in the first ten seconds of the fight is uncharacteristic of him.

aldo was never knocked out before. he was undefeated for a decade with an almost 20 fight win streak.

if being knocked out in 13 seconds is such a common occurrence, it would have happened to him before. Just so happened the man who predicted it was the one who did it.

strange.

The irony of Conor telling anyone to take a loss like a man.

people seem to think a UD is a more legitimate form of victory than a KO. I don't know why exactly.

Back